Sign in to follow this  
simey83

Simey went shopping today :) (Pic heavy)

simey83

Hello all,

Today the Mrs and I went shopping :) I have been saving for a while now and decided it was time to buy myself a watch. Something that I could be proud of and enjoy for many years to come!

I have been trawling forums and websites over the last few months trying to decide what I fancied. Having a few in mind we set off to see them in the flesh and test them out.

After visiting a few AD's and trying on numerous brands such as Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Longines, Tag Heuer, Baume & Mercier to name a few, my head was spinning! I liked a good few of them, but nothing really reached out and grabbed me, until I picked up the watch I ended up buying! Now don't get me wrong, some of the watches mentioned were stunning and I would be very happy to own one someday, but today I had my mind blown!! Simple as that. I knew I would be leaving the shop with it!

As I started to look at the watch and get a feel for it, I think the guy seen the smile on my face and decided to tell me a bit of the history of the brand (It turned out he was a massive fan and was wearing one. He has had it for 7 years and it is till going as strong as the day he bought it).

I was stunned to find out that it is a brand that is completely hand made, and they are one of the very few Swiss makers that is still independently owned today. Every single watch is made by one person, from start to finish. No factory lines here! The attention to detail on the watch took my breath away. As soon as I held it in my hand I knew I had to have it!

I don't think there is better value for money out there, when you find out what goes into making one of their watches!!

I could go on for ages, but I will stop waffling and get to the watch! You guys know way more than I ever will! (Can you tell I am still buzzing hah?!)

So, without further ado, may I present my new Oris Big Crown ProPilot Chronograph GMT :)

iPhone photos right now. I will do a proper photo shoot when I get the time. And, as all watches, it looks waaaaay better in the flesh :)

16812665951_fa7b09e20e_c.jpg

16606470787_8e01c9bc8d_c.jpg

16191417704_b3d6f7ec4d_c.jpg

16812680401_b4198a7038_c.jpg

16812684002_7889aca587_c.jpg

16191433454_4f65a66025_c.jpg

16191424994_8b6978ee7e_c.jpg

16193864513_a9ab9d4837_c.jpg

16193860403_89ffd1a0bc_c.jpg

The detail on the bezel and even the crown is stunning. You have to feel it to believe it! Engineering of the highest order!

16812684921_4863f2e868_c.jpg

16812684442_56fee926ba_c.jpg

16193858693_a1c8c33878_c.jpg

The mechanism on the clasp opens the same way as the buckle on a plane seat belt! Thought that was a great touch :)

16627668599_2cc40d4ac1_c.jpg

16627656669_8d1a0b8866_c.jpg

Love the open case back which shows off the stunning movement, and of course the famous Oris red rotor.

16812684402_4c559b73f4_c.jpg

Obligatory wristy and lume shots :)

16626404290_0f6b4581a2_c.jpg

16813776085_8e2ed0520c_c.jpg

Didn't turn out great, but it's amazing in the flesh :)

16606486517_6414a464e7_c.jpg

Sorry to waffle on and get "over excited" but this was my first experience buying from and AD, and I loved every moment of it :)

I am over the moon! Time for a drink to celebrate!

Cheers all

Simey

andyboy

Solid watch and great pick up.

:thumbsup:

I seen you asking in the shouty about discounts at AD`s...did you manage to haggle with them?

plankton

How fun bro!! Now that is really a killer looking Oris, really............................................. I was just at out local Oris AD looking at some of his, didn't see that one and wish I would have.

Nice, congrats!!!!

Monty010

WoW that really looks great! The finish is really beautiful and I like the red rotor:)

Enjoy your new gen mate :)

simey83
Solid watch and great pick up.

I seen you asking in the shouty about discounts at AD`s...did you manage to haggle with them?

he knocked a very minor amount off as a gesture. But he couldn't do much as this was the only one left in Ireland. He said people had been ringing up and asking about it. The price was the price he told them! I was happy enough :)
How fun bro!! Now that is really a killer looking Oris, really............................................. I was just at out local Oris AD looking at some of his, didn't see that one and wish I would have.

Nice, congrats!!!!

they seem very limited right now. You should look out for it, if it's you style :)

simey83
WoW that really looks great! The finish is really beautiful and I like the red rotor:)

Enjoy your new gen mate :)

thanks mate :D

R1evans

That sure is a beauty,wear it well and often.

Pharmo

Beautiful pick up mate... I knew this thread was going to do really well when I saw a glimpse of one of the best sights in the world..... (mine says hi!)

16511454555_2f27651321_c.jpg

:lmao:

wear in good health mate.

simey83
Beautiful pick up mate... I knew this thread was going to do really well when I saw a glimpse of one of the best sights in the world..... (mine says hi!)

16511454555_2f27651321_c.jpg

:lmao:

wear in good health mate.

Haha! Brilliant! Cheers buddy.
That sure is a beauty,wear it well and often.
Thanks mate :)I know it won't float everyone's boat, and they would have spent the money on something else. But I'm chuffed to bits!

themannier

That is a great watch, i love ORIS, congrats mate !

<RJ>

A beauty :thumbsup: I didn't know all this about Oris, Thanks for the info!

greg_r

Congrats, mate. Enjoy it! :D

Hornet

Lovely watch, enjoy it :thumbsup:

Chavezzito

Drooling here! Congrats!

BadPickle

Nice pick up simey, looks like its a keeper!!

cogwatch

I have 3 gen Oris watches. And you're right, they are beautiful specimens of watchmaking!!

As I keep buying more, and more, and more watches, I've been starting to sell some. Every once in a while I consider selling one of the Oris ones as it would be a high value sale versus a lot of my other watches. Then I slap myself and say "what the fuck were you thinking".

Mine are all 3 divers, and now looking at your's I'm thinking its time to broaden my Oris radar!!

Enjoy it, it's an absolutely beautiful watch that I know, as you say, looks (and feels) even WAY better in the flesh!!!!!

Frazzle

Now I really like this!!!

dapper

I bought my wife an Oris date pointer with open case back about ten years ago. It has been absolutely faultless all this time, to the point that despite me buying a Tag Heuer gen at the same time, I have found myself searching E bay and such for an Oris big crown date pointer for myself over the last few months, and am becoming more determined to buy one for myself. It's a lovely watch that is not too expensive and has a classic look especially when worn with a suit. A very underrated brand IMHO..

dapper

I'd be careful for anyone searching for these watches on E bay as I've seen many which look gen but have gold coloured rotors rather than red ones,, so be careful,, guys. But for £750.00 ish its a classic watch with good credentials..

hnic

congrats!!

and it is a great experience buying from an ad

its quit different than receiving the package from the mailman

enjoy and wear it with pride

Jonnybaws

I like that.. A lot!

Great pickup mate, good health to you dear boy!!

simey83
I'd be careful for anyone searching for these watches on E bay as I've seen many which look gen but have gold coloured rotors rather than red ones,, so be careful,, guys. But for £750.00 ish its a classic watch with good credentials..
£750!? Fuck! Where they going for that money? :-) cheers man!

Thanks guys :D

Robin195959

Top watch mate. Real quality. Enjoy.

Escapizm

Very nice!

Del

Very nice mate - congrats! :clap:

Enjoy it often. :)