A7750 or Quartz?   

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• A7750
    • Quartz
    • Other

instinct

Sorry noob qurstion..

What about manual wind movements? Are they more reliable and trouble free? Especially if you use chrono..?

Nisv
Sorry noob qurstion..

What about manual wind movements? Are they more reliable and trouble free? Especially if you use chrono..?

I'm with you.

I'd love to see Panerais with Quartz in them.

:D

digger2

2 out of three works very well for me and the third is a sec at 6 that one only works well when used. I think it's worth the risk going for the 7750 if you want a chrono watch, I have a difficult time seeing ticking subdials and it is the first thing i look at when checking other peoples watches.

Laurent965

I have a question : do you know any TD after they order the watch at the factory who will service it at a watch repair, clean and oil it properly before they send the watch to you ?

I think MARY does it

<RJ>

I have a question : do you know any TD after they order the watch at the factory who will service it at a watch repair, clean and oil it properly before they send the watch to you ?

I think MARY does it

No td does afaik. We have other trusted resources for that purpose. If someone claim they do id think twice before adding it to the chart.

17098d1257833820-necropost-warning-wab-necro.jpg

And i couldn't resist this kitten, cute isn't it!

17201d1258434900-necropost-warning-necrokitten.jpg

Theduke.williams

My Link Calibre 16 chrono (2012 model) A7750 died 20 days after receiving it. Have sent it back to TD (China) for repair/replacement. Untill then I had only been aware that A7750 movements with complications for running seconds at 6 or 12 were unreliable, seems that all A7750 movements can be unreliable,, and best advice is to get them serviced earliest possible oportunity!

My Brother gave me a Link Calibre 16 Chrono (2012 model) with a quartz microstepper movement, and even though I know this model is different to gen (running seconds in wrong position & tick, subdials slightly smaller), it's still a great looking watch, and is currently my daily beater - certainly reliable! Thanks Bro'.

I'm now in limbo waiting for my A7750 link to be returned (best looking chrono there is IMHO), so this watch will have run the Customs gauntlet 3 times when I get it back (Please lord let me get it back!). First thing on my agenda will be getting it serviced when I do get it back. Any reccomendations for a good horologist in the UK?

I will be sceptical in future about buying an A7750 chrono. Far better to go for a quartz chrono, especially if the gen model is quartz based like the Tag F1's. My Orange F1 even has the same ETA movement as the genuine article!

Anthony.

SteveA

Got 2 A7750 chronos,1 a Super Avenger from WI and a Tag Aquaracer from Josh both superb movements no issues despite infrequent use.These are both secs at 9 if that makes any difference

Gbkirsch

Recently bought at Rolex Cellini with diamond case and dial from Timeshops for my wife. Quartz movement, unbelievable quality case. Keeps good time and no issues except for her friends admiring the watch ;)

andypandy1961

I think we are missing an important point. All the

quartz models I have seen have had lesser grade

bodies and most dont have sapphire crystal. Now

if you could have a top 1:1 model with sapphire

crystal, double AR , top quality japanese quartz

movement with nice strap I would not mind a

quartz

ZellerFTW

Knocking on wood, but I have six reps with A7750's on the winder. All are perfect, except the varying degree of +/- seconds per day. The "worst" is my PAM 328 which gains about 10 minutes a week, but I can cope.

Edited by ZellerFTW