Sign in to follow this  
E-Dub

Intro and 1st Q

E-Dub

Ok, so I joined here a few days ago and I'm looking for some nice reps for my wife (and maybe one or two for me eventually). I can honestly say that I am completely amazed by the information and the quality of the timepieces that I've seen here. Almost makes me question why anyone would buy gen., but on the other hand, I think we all know the answer to that question.

In any case I found some things that I like on lawrence's board. I also looked at his website. Is it better to PM him from the board, email him and tell him I'm a new RWG member, or just use the cart function on his website? I didn't find any other email except [email protected]... is there any other email (I'm only asking because I thought that when I was browsing yesterday I had written down a lawrence@_____ email, but can't find that sticky now).

Just one more while I've got your attention, do you typically get any type of discount when acquiring several pieces. I could actually stretch and pick up 5 pieces if there was a deal. Would this larger shipment make it more or less likely to get flagged/stopped in transit (or another way of asking is, is it better to just do one at a time?)

Alright, so awesome board, looking forward to reading and learning more.

E-Dub

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse. That email should work and PM to follow-up. :lol:

Fiddo

Hello! :lol:

Welcome!

If the dealer lists an email address, feel free to use it. They may direct you back to the website for an order or they may process it for you....each is different.

Some dealers give quantity discounts. You would need to contact the dealer individually and inquire. Larger shipments can be riskier. If it is seized, you loose the whole package.

E-Dub

Thanks for the replies. I just sent an email to the address listed above, so I'm waiting for a reply. Looking forward to testing these waters. I could see myself becoming a full on addict if it goes smoothly. Last 3 days I've done nothing with my spare time but compare pics of reps to gens.

Question about PAM reps and movements: I'd like to get a PAM Radiomir rep that could be worn regularly. SS, simple (not sure of the number, but just a simple hour and minute hand with the small second hand, like the "black seal") Many of these come with a solid back, right? Do any of them come with a quartz movement? My thought is that with a closed back, quartz would be both cheaper and more reliable, no? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and love the "mechanicalness" of an automatic movement, but (being a noob) I would just question the durability and accuracy of some of the auto movemnts used (I guess I should go read more). So if I didn't care much about internals, who has the best radiomir black seal for looks and durability?

Thanks, E-Dub

Del

Well done E-Dub ^_^. I've bought a couple of reps from Lawrence (that email address is fine btw) and he is a pleasure to deal with. His after-sales service is also excellent if you have any problems.

On the PAM question, I'm not up to speed on Radiomirs but, generally speaking, our Trusted Dealers can pretty much get the same watches. Robert at Prestige is good for PAMs but don't expect any molly-coddling from him (watches and prices are great though), Mary at Watchinternational gives great service and will seek out the watch you want, Lawrence can also get PAMs and Timesshop have loads on their website. You need to pick a model you like, find out what movements are available at what price, and then choose a dealer to source it.

Hope this helps :thumbsup2:.