Sign in to follow this  
MH_91

[picture heavy] Omega seamaster planet ocean GMT

MH_91

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is having a lovely day so far,

After heavy research, i have decided to purchase the Omega Seamaster.

i have purchased this watch from the best TD imho Robbie. i have been buying stuff from him before he was a TD in this forum.

This is the link to anyone who is interested to purchase the watch.

i also have bought a rubber strap for this watch. Keep in mind The lug width for this watch, is 21mm. And the rubbers i have purchased are 22mm. So you need to use force to fit it in the watch. i had to ask around and few members here were extremely helpful. Thanks for the tip guys

This is the link for the rubber strap, this link is for another TD, but i showed it to Robbie, and he provided it to me.

Timeline wise, it took 10-15 days to get the watch. I live in Canada.

and now here are the pictures, Enjoy :)

if you guys have any questions, i be more than happy to answer them.

cheers,

732gps.jpg

fxryv6.jpg

2vhzrt4.jpg

2e0vi3k.jpg

dxo26e.jpg

Edited by MH_91

Ishmael

Gorgeous watch, well done! Would you mind posting some pics focusing on how the strap fits into the lugs? This watch is my next buy (maybe), and I wanted to get the blue rubber strap as well but the lug width difference is bothersome. Thanks!

rawbaws

Keep looking at this one....

Lovely.

MH_91

Gorgeous watch, well done! Would you mind posting some pics focusing on how the strap fits into the lugs? This watch is my next buy (maybe), and I wanted to get the blue rubber strap as well but the lug width difference is bothersome. Thanks!

Here you go! Hope that clear things out for you. Trust me, if i can do it. i am 100% you can do it as well!

2a5xhty.jpg

35iboyb.jpg

Boycie

Very nice combo, congrats :)

MH_91

Very nice combo, congrats :)

Thank you for the kind word. It took me just 6 months to get this watch, been saving every penny for this watch!

Ishmael

Thanks - yeah doesn't look like it squeezes it too much. I s'pose this is ideal with rubber; might get some pinching with leather. I've owned this watch once before and sold it. That was a bad move, so I'll be replacing it shortly :) This one's a keeper for sure dude!

MH_91

Thanks - yeah doesn't look like it squeezes it too much. I s'pose this is ideal with rubber; might get some pinching with leather. I've owned this watch once before and sold it. That was a bad move, so I'll be replacing it shortly :) This one's a keeper for sure dude!

Yes, when i was searching if i should get this watch or not. I notice that you also had the GMT. And based on the watch you have owned, i decided to get it! You should get it! is a decent watch!

mkovacs13

I'm a sucker for GMT hands, something so cool about them, and for some reason I prefer them on the Seamaster over the GMT Master

tesmith2112

This is a great look. These rep rubber straps are equal in quality to the gen IMO. I've handled both many times. Not only do they look good, but 20x feel better on the wrist.

Congrats!

Ishmael

This is a great look. These rep rubber straps are equal in quality to the gen IMO. I've handled both many times. Not only do they look good, but 20x feel better on the wrist.

Congrats!

I wondered when the guy with the gen would show up :lol:

tesmith2112

Congrats!

I wondered when the guy with the gen would show up :lol:

When the rep looks so good, makes you feel pretty dumb buying the gen. In my defense, when I bought the gen there wasn't a rep at all. Reps have been getting better and better, but the last 24 months have spawned some really fantastic replica watches.

Poolsfinest

Love this watch.

MH_91

bad news people.

it looks like the movement on my watch is not a good one. As of yesterday after one week of owning it. The movement is starting to act funny.

randomly it the second hand it stops. I tried fully winding it ( 40-45 turns ) it did not help what so ever. it has the Asian 2836 clone 25J Movement.

the only way to make it work again, is to gently nudge the watch, and the seconds work, and yet again, it randomly stops.

Ishmael

Send it to Katt in the US. Mine had a similar issue and Katt fixed it up perfectly. Not the first time I've heard of wonky movement issues with these models.

BTW, Katt is a trusted watch smith here.

MH_91

Send it to Katt in the US. Mine had a similar issue and Katt fixed it up perfectly. Not the first time I've heard of wonky movement issues with these models.

Awesome! i will contact him right away. How long it took the process?

Ishmael

Depends on his current workload, but he was finished with mine in a week. Sent me pics of the issue he found and the work he did as well. Add a couple days on either end for shipping time (should be similar to US shipping because you can use flat rate boxes to Canada I believe), and you're done.

MH_91

Depends on his current workload, but he was finished with mine in a week. Sent me pics of the issue he found and the work he did as well. Add a couple days on either end for shipping time (should be similar to US shipping because you can use flat rate boxes to Canada I believe), and you're done.

Thank you for much for your help! i really appreciate it.

Ishmael

Thank you for much for your help! i really appreciate it.

Cheers and good luck!

Fram

Lovely watch....always liked Omegas.....!,