Sign in to follow this  
Del

gmchris

That is NICE!. My colleague has the apollo 15 edition which is nice (for apollo fans like me) as it has an embossed picture of the moon buggy on the caseback, but then they let it down but trimming the subdials with red white and blue rings, taken from the rings on the mission patch. Totally ruins the classic moonie dial.

.. . . . . Yeah. Still my all time favourite the moonwatch.

HeavyKrush

Fantastic Del. I was seriously on the fence with this watch before I bought my PO.

Del

Thanks guys. :)

That is NICE!. My colleague has the apollo 15 edition which is nice (for apollo fans like me) as it has an embossed picture of the moon buggy on the caseback, but then they let it down but trimming the subdials with red white and blue rings, taken from the rings on the mission patch. Totally ruins the classic moonie dial.

As an aside, I have a personalised, signed photo of Jim Irwin of Apollo 15 standing on the Moon. It lay in a drawer for years but I came across it quite recently and it's now in a frame on the hall wall. :)

Pob

I hate you and are so jealous!!!!!

Great buy my friend and congrats!

Guess i'll have to be happy with the rep of this for now!

Del
I hate you and are so jealous!!!!!

Great buy my friend and congrats!

Guess i'll have to be happy with the rep of this for now!

:lol:

Thanks mate! :)

Monffo

That is awesome mate. Well done. A worthy purchase.

gmchris

As an aside, I have a personalised, signed photo of Jim Irwin of Apollo 15 standing on the Moon. It lay in a drawer for years but I came across it quite recently and it's now in a frame on the hall wall. :)

Ha! An aside? That's the best "oh by the way I forgot I had" line ever! My nephew and I have an ongoing NASA joke since we filled out application forms at KSC years ago. In my hall I have a framed photo of me (he photoshopped this) in a shuttle flight suit together with a letter from the Vehicle Assembly Building director of launch operations, wishing me well on my appointment to the Solid Rocket Booster assembly team lol.

ShadyManc

This is next on my list, touchdown will be April. Great pickup mate, wear it in great health. Cosmic.

964boy

All I can say is fucking stunning mate and enjoy.

Really lust after this beauty :drool::wub:

Canny wait to see it

Del

Ha! An aside? That's the best "oh by the way I forgot I had" line ever! My nephew and I have an ongoing NASA joke since we filled out application forms at KSC years ago. In my hall I have a framed photo of me (he photoshopped this) in a shuttle flight suit together with a letter from the Vehicle Assembly Building director of launch operations, wishing me well on my appointment to the Solid Rocket Booster assembly team lol.

Thanks all! :)

plankton

BM'er keys.. hmmm

Stewart

Further proof life is just not fair! Congratulations, I will have one someday.

ryaku

oh man, you don't do that....I had just dropped the idea to buy a Speedy myself and now all these amazing pics

Del

Thanks all. :)

Corv99

Great looking watch Del, enjoy it mate..

I have just emailled Kenny telling him I now expect mine in that box :lol:

Del
Great looking watch Del, enjoy it mate..

I have just emailled Kenny telling him I now expect mine in that box :lol:

Thanks mate. :)

KeNnY

This is amazing Del ! WOW

TheSav

Bloody hell Del.I tried to resist the urge to click into this thread but I have succumb. That box is one of the best to come with any watch and the watch itself is stunning. Enjoy it.

Del

Cheers guys! :)

rusky27

Nice one del been away for a while - I love the box/case set and loupe great touches! You'll get into the wee ritual if winding in the morning it's therapeutic. Here's a caseback shot of mine - so you don't need to void your warranty.

33CA35E1-5DC4-497C-BE10-2B4F37E6AB81.jpg

Del

Nice one del been away for a while - I love the box/case set and loupe great touches! You'll get into the wee ritual if winding in the morning it's therapeutic. Here's a caseback shot of mine - so you don't need to void your warranty.

Thanks mate - looking good! :thumbsup2:

pfcdre

Congratulations Del, I hope your enjoying yours as much as I am mine, it truly is a wonderful package with the extras, for those that don't know Omega will sell the new box with extra bits to existing speedmaster owners for 700 dollars, I only found this out recently on wus forum, anyway mine says hi but my photos are no way near your quality so apologies.

oh mine came from Italy brand new with warranty and because the pound is strong against the euro at the moment I got a very good deal. cheers

Del
:thumbsup2:

SubDweller

Gorgeous watch and beautifully presented. Love the NATO with the serial number stitched in too! Classy touch

Del

Gorgeous watch and beautifully presented. Love the NATO with the serial number stitched in too! Classy touch

Thanks! :)

The strap with the serial number is actually the velcro strap - for wearing the watch around your space suit (hope to try this out on my next mission to the moon....:giggle: ).