Sign in to follow this  
chiman456

Everyone is building a 1675..and so did I

chiman456

A lot of members have seen RolexAddicts awesome 1675 builds, in addition, Star69 built a 1675 from the Josh 1:1 1655.

Introducing my 1675 Cornino...

P1013867.jpg

P1013863.jpg

Specs are the following:

Josh 1:1 1655 case

CWP 6542 small GMT hand

NDT gilt dial

Yuki 7206 expanding bracelet

gen bezel insert

gen crown

Sternkruz T116

wholesaleoutlet bezel assembly and roulette wheel

and the jewel of this project...

P1013794.jpg

A Zodiac 75B GMT movement. Unlike the modified ones in reps, this is a true GMT movement and beats at a slower 21.6k...

I wanted a transitional look of a 6542 to a 1675, so I used gilt hands and aged the hands by lightly sanding them with 60 micron sandpaper and then "glopped" on lume to the hands to give them a vintage look. I also chose to go with a roulette wheel. Finally, I applied a pebble finish to the dial. This is accomplished by first spraying on matte finish and then while still wet, lightly dab the dial with a paper towel. Though not accurate, I think that this finish gave the watch a more vintage feel and a personal touch...

P1013860.jpg

P1013866.jpg

The CG's were sculpted by me. I didn't think that the original CG's were just shaved and ended with a point. Rolex had to have elegantly conformed the pointed CG's with the case. I also installed a gen 5.3mm crown...

P1013789.jpg

P1013861.jpg

Was it a fun project??? Definitely, even though there was a lot of trial and error with the movement, it was very satisfying that I managed to get the movement to work. I would definitely do a project like this again

Afterthought and closing statements. It looks like the hands are a little off as compared to the GMT time, so I will need to reset the hands. I would like to find a better coin edge bezel and the cyclopes on the crystal is not centered, after doing a little research, Sterny had two types of T116 crystals, so I get this one and give it a try.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by chiman456

Andei3000

Thumbs up for this awesome cornino build! B)

I would be satisfied if my build turns out half as good as yours chi!

solkryssare

Great project as always chi.

chiman456

Thanks for the comments guys!!!