Sign in to follow this  
RowLecks

My story and a warning re a supplier called SolidSwiss - buyers beware!

BentleySharp

WOW!

That transcript of the corrospondance between you and the representative of "SolidSwiss" ,or whatever, is so wholly unprofessional and tactless... It's like their customer service guy was a teenager hired directly from the online waiting rooms for Call of Duty.

The way he threatens to stop helping you if you don't quit being 'annoying'...

All things considered you're lucky you got anything at all... and at $150 for the (not honored) extended warranty, I cringe to think what you paid for that watch.

I'm not trying to make you feel worse, but you probably could have gotten that same watch from one of our dealers for 3 to 5 times less money. Oooh. I literally just got a shiver at the thought that the watch you got probably was probably somewhere north of $600... probably closer to $800? That's what these scammers do. That's their shtick.

Don't feel too bad. I think the majority of our members got burned once before they found the forum.

P.S. One last thing. Almost ALL (95%) of replica watches come from China. The parts are manufactured there, assembled there, finished there, packaged there, and shipped from there.

There is no such thing as a 'Swiss Replica'. The closest you might come is having a chinese made replica with an actual ETA brand movement, but finding one of those in a replica nowadays is so incredibly uncommon, you'll probably never see one. What is much more common is to have an Asian ETA or an ETA rebuilt with Asian parts.

RowLecks

Nah mate, I didn't pay $150 for the extended warranty I just had the standard two year warranty and I didn't pay anything like the price for the watch that they're advertising on their website. Let's just say they are very susceptible to offers. I paid roughly the same as those on sale by the recommended dealers on here.

The only thing I was pleased with on the whole deal was the actual watch. I've seen hundreds of replicas and it was the best I've ever seen. Except now it's running fast !

SSTEEL will fix it I'm sure and I'll be delighted to keep it.

SSTEEL

As said J, that site gets their reps from the same dealers many of us buy from, but then they add their own mark up on the prices, and sale blab.

MetalMickey

Welcome, great detail in your post. Sorry to hear you were taken in, and hope it can be fixed.

Stewart

Same story different site for me. I sent the watch I received (from random fancy site), that never worked, to be serviced and was told the movement was a cheap seiko knockoff that looked like it had been through a war LOL. The website marked it as a Valjoux 7750.

I guess we can all be suckers one time or another. Good luck with your watch.

RowLecks

As said J, that site gets their reps from the same dealers many of us buy from, but then they add their own mark up on the prices, and sale blab.

Yes mate, I've just looked at the invoice thingy - I paid $550 for it, I think that was including the shipping. I can't remember what the exchange rate dollars to £'s was back then.

RowLecks

Same story different site for me. I sent the watch I received (from random fancy site), that never worked, to be serviced and was told the movement was a cheap seiko knockoff that looked like it had been through a war LOL. The website marked it as a Valjoux 7750.

I guess we can all be suckers one time or another. Good luck with your watch.

Cheers Stewart. SSTEEL will tell me what kind of movement is in it when he gets it next week and I'll post on here. To be honest, I'm not particularly worried what it is, so long as he gets it working, because I really like the copy.

Edited by RowLecks

greg_r

:facepalm: No, the owner of SolidSwiss doesn't care for us. We gave him a very hard time back when he joined the earlier version of this board (his site was known as BestSwiss at that time).

He's a well-known scammer and has been ripping people off for years. Sorry you got caught...

RowLecks

:facepalm: No, the owner of SolidSwiss doesn't care for us. We gave him a very hard time back when he joined the earlier version of this board (his site was known as BestSwiss at that time).

He's a well-known scammer and has been ripping people off for years. Sorry you got caught...

It's no problem buddy. The watch is packaged up ready to go to SSTEEL who I'm sure will fix it. Now that I've found this very helpful forum I'll use the advice and recommended dealers on here to buy my next one !

SSTEEL

Lesson learned J, your not the first, and no doubt not the last to fall for their spiel.

RowLecks

Well, Micky has now received the watch and has opened it up. So far, the news is good. In Micky's words:

"I have some good news for you, you have a genuine Swiss ETA fitted in your watch. Its actually a good rep if I’m honest, from bracelet SEL fitment, to the overall look.....I would say this rep come from XXXXX factory, this is a rep factory that Andrew, and Josh get reps from, Trustytime, and Perfect clones. I put the watch on the timegrapher, and the movement clearly has some problems, so will investigate tomorrow, and update you via email"

So....so far so good.

Edited by RowLecks

JSJ

I don't quite know what to say...

stevok2305
:popcorn:

RowLecks

I presume the comments and the popcorn eater are something to do with Micky being banned. Unfortunately I don't have crystal balls, so I'm guessing perhaps it's being suggested I shouldn't have sent the watch to the guy who was eh......recommended on here??? Or is it something else?

Anyway, I'll detail progress on this thread if it's still permitted.

Chavezzito
I presume the comments and the popcorn eater are something to do with Micky being banned. Unfortunately I don't have crystal balls, so I'm guessing perhaps it's being suggested I shouldn't have sent the watch to the guy who was eh......recommended on here??? Or is it something else?

Yeah...but please keep updating your post.

dasselin

Ummm….. I don’t know about you guys, but, something fishy going on here

elp

He wasn't recommended as in a Trusted Vendor, but you're correct, no way for you to know anything was amiss.

I think most people have had OK experiences by the looks of it, good luck and as Chav says feel free to keep the post updated.

RowLecks

I'm at a loss, but I'll continue to update as and when.

It has to be said that Micky has done everything he promised he would so far, including sending me a plethora of pics of the watch as it arrived and with the back off. I'll see how it goes.

If a member of Admin wants to PM me and give me a clue what's going on, I'd be grateful.

Chavezzito
I'm at a loss, but I'll continue to update as and when.

It has to be said that Micky has done everything he promised he would so far, including sending me a plethora of pics of the watch as it arrived and with the back off. I'll see how it goes.

If a member of Admin wants to PM me and give me a clue what's going on, I'd be grateful.

You can check yourself http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=98994

RowLecks

I've read the thread and it's all rather comical.

I'll give Micky his chance - he's been sound so far and I have no complaints. If I do have any, I'll post them on here.

Mods/Admin, as a Moderator on a forum (not watches, thank fuck) myself, I'm well aware of how difficult situations like this can be, and how thankless a task it can be. The member-bitches giving you advice and "hinting" at what you should do next don't help, do they? Likewise the infantile comments from same.

Edited by RowLecks

conx

Member-bitches :rofl:

nuttcrac69
I've read the thread and it's all rather comical.

I'll give Micky his chance - he's been sound so far and I have no complaints. If I do have any, I'll post them on here.

Mods/Admin, as a Moderator on a forum (not watches, thank fuck) myself, I'm well aware of how difficult situations like this can be, and how thankless a task it can be. The member-bitches giving you advice and "hinting" at what you should do next don't help, do they? Likewise the infantile comments from same.

WTF?

RussP

That's going to be my word for the day:

Member-Bitches.

Gotta love it.

JSJ
That's going to be my word for the day:

Member-Bitches.

Gotta love it.

That's two words.

tobytobes

seems to me that the op likes to say the name SSTEEL at least once a post.