Sign in to follow this  
Coco_Bear

I quit smoking for this new hobby....

Coco_Bear

But picked up vaping in the process. Although the initial start up cost for vaping can be quite pricey, I'll be saving about $100 per month. Anyone else give up something to do the same?

Gazzla

I gave up smoking, but the wait for some reps made me start again . . .

Cruz

Yes ! Im a vapour, cost me about £60 for the proper gear but its better than smoking, and cheaper, I use Vampire Vape juice you should check it out they do Heisenberg - great flavour

I gave up smoking, but the wait for some reps made me start again . . .

:giggle:

MetalMickey

I am another spending my former cigarette money on watches. Welcome

PhillyRock

I'm a Vapor Too!!!!

I have a E-leaf Istick setup.

I use a variety of liquids from boutique brands and shoppe specials to Tasty Puff and Cosmic Fog.

I save myself roughly $60 a week.

I don't stink like cigarettes anymore,

food tastes better, I sleep better, I can run up steps again and still able to breathe once I reach the top

and BEST benefit is I have more cash for REPS!!!!!!!

RichardMiami

The toughest thing I ever did was to quit smoking... after over 30 years of over three packs a day, I went cold turkey. The withdrawal was............................. um........ interesting. But worth it. I bought a boat with the savings. Have since sold the boat, and now collect watches.

Do whatever it is you have to do to quit. And don't look back.

NMA

me same, just vaping now and I won't turn back, btw I order my stuff from Aliexpress, like 30 x replacement coils £9.99 or 1100mah battery is only £4, etc...

PhillyRock

Have since sold the boat.......................

Do whatever it is you have to do to quit. And don't look back.

I've had the "Boat" experience when I lived In Boca Raton.

Best Two days to a boat owner:

The day you buy it, and the day you sell it.

Everything in between is expensive!!!

And yes as RIchardM said, Quit and never look back.

I've been cigarette free since August and never felt better.

After smoking for 25 years, it's nice to not have that vice anymore.

RUSH2112

Never picked up the habit. I'm a cheap bastard so the price always kept me out of that game.

seclark007

I am a big time vaper, and am very glad that there's no smokes in my life. I can hit my vape, then run 5K and my lungs don't feel like exploding :)

Started with a Vision spinner, moved to a itaste VV, then a MVP and a Eleaf iStick. My latest is the itaste SVD2.

Keep up with the not smoking!

S

I have a watch problem

I vape as well, if you get into it like I do all I can say is good luck saving money over smoking lol - especially if you like mods, attys, premium juice like you do watches then vaping can be just about as expensive as watch collecting. Oh well, better than smoking

Cubic Hare

I sometimes vape and use the natural vegetable gum based liquids, pineapple flavour is my fav. I was released from hospital last Saturday after having a stent put in an artery near my heart that was 95% blocked. I gave up smoking 12years ago but the damage was done. Coronary Heart Disease is no fun and by giving up you lessen the chance of it developing. Keep up the good work. I remember the 3rd week was the hardest.

Cheers

Coco_Bear

I just turned 37 earlier this month and for my b-day I told myself I would quit smoking. This will actually be the 3rd time in a 20 year span that I have attempted to quit, but I'm pretty confident this go round as I'm starting to put more value on my health. My younger brother of two years is starting have these quirky things happen to him and I'm here in perfect health smoking away $5-$6 dollars a day. It was time for a change.

The vape thing has been a life saver. My current set-up is Sigeilei 100W Raptor Box Mod with a Kayfun Lite clone RBA made by EhPro. My happy place is with single .26g macro coil at 20-25watts. Not cloud chasing at the moment, but everything in due time. I'm out here in Northern California and vaping has blown up within the last few years, so there's no shortage of supplies and juice. However, I do most of my shopping on eBay for kanthal and cotton (which reminds me, I need to try the Japanese Organic Cotton pads). My juice preference at the moment is made by 7Drops based in Los Angeles called Betty Wu (Apple Pomegranate).

Ultimately, I'll be saving enough for a new hobby and couldn't be happier I found this community!!!

nunu78

Quit smoking 5 years ago and never look back. No vapour or anything .

Edited by nunu78

Tits McGee

OK....somebody give me some good info on vaping. My lungs are about shot. I tried ecigs a long time ago. Didn't do the trick. I'm still hooked on Marlboro's but I'm down to about 4-5 a day & I still enjoy the occasional (rarely) semi-legal green stuff.

Can you vape indoors without alarming the entire complex with incense like smells?

Coco_Bear

OK....somebody give me some good info on vaping. My lungs are about shot. I tried ecigs a long time ago. Didn't do the trick. I'm still hooked on Marlboro's but I'm down to about 4-5 a day & I still enjoy the occasional (rarely) semi-legal green stuff.

Can you vape indoors without alarming the entire complex with incense like smells?

I would start off with an iTaste MVP or a DNA30 chinese clone mod box (stay away from Clopour mods) with an Aspire Nautilus tank. This set up would run you about $60-$90 total, depending on where you purchase. There's an abundance of juices out there, so it's recommended you visit an actual Vapor Parlor to try everything on their menu. I'm almost certain they will have a tobacco based juice to mimic the Marlboros you crave. Not to mention there are candy, soda, fruit, desert flavors for your enjoyment. For the most part, cigarette shops sell very inferior products and juices, so avoid them like the plague. It is a process, regulated vs unregulated devices; batteries; juices; RBA vs. RDA vs. Cleromizers; etc, but with a bit of patience, you'll find a set up that you're comfortable with. Anyone at a specialty vapor shop/parlor will be able to drop some knowledge to help simplify a set up for your needs.

Some people I watch on YouTube that have been very helpful for me are: Rip Trippers, PBusardo, and Grimm Green.

Irishcain

I quit smoking when my wife said she was pregnant with our daughter, stayed off for three years (and I was at 1.5 packs a day for 15 years) and stared again promptly when the missus said she was pregnant again. Switched to vaping when I realized I was paying $30 a day for smokes. Been using a cool fire mod ever since, and I get my supplies off of Ali as well, lol.

boss35

I quit smoking new years eve , after 25 years of non stop smoking. I decide to do something before its was too late.

I supported myself by vaping. I bought from internet 2 i-stick eleaf batterys another 2 e-pipes(smok-prospect and kamry k-100 just for fun) , of course i have more than 8 or 10 atomizers till now (collectin never stops :) , and i started to play.

At first , used to vape every day 5-6ml of liquid (a Greek firm something), but now i make my own flavors in very light 3mg nikotine and the most important i cant vape more than 3mg of liquid a day, not that i care, just say it. Vape its not fresh air but steam is much better than smoke for now.

So, i feel much better, i didnt got weight because still vaping and last , maybe still have the chance to earn some more lifeyears to buy some more replicas and a few gens apart of some other importants :)

So mates, if you are smokers, dont think about it. If i achived it then you can do it too.

If any member needs support to quit smoking or some useful informations dont hesitate. I saw that we are some vapers here, i belive all of us will be happy to help.

And you will save serious money for new reps maybe a gen :D

kiki8704

My bro just bought me a vape to quit smoking. Also got me 2 different flavoured liquids to try out. Gonna have to start doing research for where to buy supplies n such.

The one he bought me is an EVOD-1500mAh. Is this any good or should I replace it with a better one?

seclark007

Tits,

you can even vape in a plane bathroom :D i don't recommend you ever do it in the passenger compartment! What you are inhaling is generally, as described above, PG and VG along with nicotine, and you are basically exhaling water vapour. There's no tar...no CO2.

There's a lot of misinformation out there regarding vaping. Doctors won't say it's a smoking cessation product, despite the countless confessionals from people who have successfully quit by switching to vaping. I'm not saying it's absolutely, positively 100% safe, but it's much safer than smoking tobacco. The reason doctors won't say that it's a smoking cessation product, because of a supposed lack of scientific evidence - I think it's plainer than that...drug companies spend an obscene amount of cash on pushing drugs to Doctors. They can't sell their millions of dollars of nicotine gum, patches and pills if vaping does the trick ;) I honestly believe that it's the drug companies that are fueling the anti-vaping movement. Many vapers agree with this.

Another thing to put it into perspective; a decent vaping rig will set you back about the cost of a carton of smokes for your start up costs. Buying liquids and the other consumables relating to this habit/pasttime is about the cost of a pack a week...maybe less depending on your tastes. If you're a pack a day or more smoker, the savings really add up quick.

Something to consider.

seclark007

EVOD is a good starter battery. You can really start to get expensive rigs the further you get into it... variable voltage/wattage batteries that go about 10W...then higher wattage boxes like the MVP or the iLeaf. You can also get into really high 'box mods' that push 50W. After that you're graduating into rebuildables...making your own coils, etc. This likely sounds like jibberish right now, but the more you research vaping, the more you will get to know the terms...just like buying reps :)

There are plenty of sites on the interweb that will walk you through everything. It gets easy, fast.

Good luck

tobytobes

i quit smoking with vaping, i used to smoke ten a day jow i vape the equivelant of about 30 a day! vaping is a lot more addictive than smoking i found. i just hope its not that bad for you. but its not steam in that vape... its some sort of antifreeze compound!

Irishcain
i quit smoking with vaping, i used to smoke ten a day jow i vape the equivelant of about 30 a day! vaping is a lot more addictive than smoking i found. i just hope its not that bad for you. but its not steam in that vape... its some sort of antifreeze compound!

Dude, where do you get your info?

boss35

My bro just bought me a vape to quit smoking. Also got me 2 different flavoured liquids to try out. Gonna have to start doing research for where to buy supplies n such.

The one he bought me is an EVOD-1500mAh. Is this any good or should I replace it with a better one?

Its ok for the job mate. E sig are the same as watches more or less. they do the same job but they look different ,ok some battery and some atomizers can provide more steam. But it OK for you to quit smoking....

Daytona_Dreamer

I have never smoked...at least cigarette or tobacco product. As for anything else...never inhaled...much.

CONGRATs to everyone that has managed to quit smoking. Average number of tries to quit I last read as 10 times. It definitely takes much effort. But the rewards are worth it. You stop lung damage, and after about 10 years the risk of cancer equals non smokers. Great !!!