Sign in to follow this  
theflyingdutchman

All parcels from China into the EU are being checked

djprone
Perfect timing for this thread - to really put the shits up me... My (first ever) EMS package is stating 'Handed over to Customs' as the last line in the tracking details.

Is this the normal phrasing for all packages en-route (Coming into the UK) or does this mean it's been handed over specifically for checking?

I too am awaiting my first rep. Handed over to customs is a normal thing that all international packages go through. Its just say they can add duty if its needed. Nothing to worry about - its my first rep but i've bought loads of stuff from china

part_timer
Perfect timing for this thread - to really put the shits up me... My (first ever) EMS package is stating 'Handed over to Customs' as the last line in the tracking details.

Is this the normal phrasing for all packages en-route (Coming into the UK) or does this mean it's been handed over specifically for checking?

Here's the tracking info on mine

EMS :-

2010-11-27 20:14:00 GUANGZHOU Posting

2010-11-27 22:15:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2010-11-28 13:30:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2010-11-28 14:30:00 GUANGZHOU Handed over to Customs

2010-11-29 00:53:00 GUANGZHOU Released from Customs

2010-11-29 01:23:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2010-12-05 15:35:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PF Arrival at Sorting Center

2010-12-05 19:59:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY TRA Released from Customs

2010-12-06 05:55:00 UNITED KINGDOM T%^5443 Arrival at Delivery Office

2010-12-06 12:47:00 UNITED KINGDOM ####### Delivery

R.M. :-

06-12-2010 12:47 xxxx Depot Delivered

06-12-2010 05:55 xxxx Depot Received at delivery depot

05-12-2010 19:59 National Hub Received and processed

05-12-2010 15:35 International Hub Received in destination country

29-11-2010 01:23 Delivery Agent - BEIJING - PTT Forwarded for export

27-11-2010 20:14 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

Member X

I actually LOL at that Robert comment and had to stop eating my soup or it was going to get messy! :)

greg_r

It's normal. Nothing to worry about. Customs is running a little slow at the moment, so it might be stuck there for a few days, but you'll get your watch in due course :)

peter
2006-08-917.jpg

robbie888

just recieved three pakages this week, 2 from Singapore and 1 from from Thailand. No problems at all (to Netherlands), Am i just lucky, or just ahead of the Christmas actions?

Wiz

We need to remember that all packages are always going through customs. They just don't check them all. During the christmas periods, there are 3 times more packages than usual, so it takes for time to clear each parcel.

stiltzkin

Good news / bad news... They attempted to deliver my parcel today, so my uncalled for panic should be over... However I don't get back to the UK until Friday and the Mrs is very kindly going to pick it up from the post office for me... Perhaps I should have mentioned my new purchase to her before now (and I thought customs may have taken some explaining) :D

dingle

Good news / bad news... They attempted to deliver my parcel today, so my uncalled for panic should be over... However I don't get back to the UK until Friday and the Mrs is very kindly going to pick it up from the post office for me... Perhaps I should have mentioned my new purchase to her before now (and I thought customs may have taken some explaining) :D

normal it is.......enjoy your watch soon you will...:yoda:

sconehead
Just received a Parcel from Mary today, posted on Nov 27th! :yoda:

*Just noticed, even says "watch" on the EMS notes!

...hmmm, perhaps 'watch' simply means that you're now under surveillance by the authorities?

:tinfoilhat:

:D