Sign in to follow this  
theflyingdutchman

All parcels from China into the EU are being checked

theflyingdutchman

Hallo,

I am expecting a parcel from a business colleague in Hong Kong (with no fakes). He sent it 4 weeks ago and it is stuck in customs since 2 weeks. I called the post office today, after asking me what is in the parcel (I said “mechanical partsâ€), they said:

“All parcels from China into the EU are being checked for fakes. There is a new special customs unit, due to x-mas vs. fakes.â€

I asked again as my parcel is being shipped by registered airmail. And again they said:

“ALL parcels are being checked….this action will lead to a much longer delivery time.â€

Dutchy

Edited by theflyingdutchman

Tristan123
Hallo,

I am expecting a parcel from a business colleague in Hong Kong (with no fakes). He sent it 4 weeks ago and it is stuck in customs since 2 weeks. I called the post office today, after asking me what is in the parcel (I said “mechanical partsâ€), they said:

“All parcels from China into the EU are being checked for fakes. There is a new special customs unit, due to x-mas vs. fakes.â€

I asked again as my parcel is being shipped by registered airmail. And again they said:

“ALL parcels are being checked….this action will lead to a much longer delivery time.â€

Dutchy

Thats just brilliant!!!!!!

mspangl

why is that brilliant?.. meaning like 90% of the stuff will be seized.. ?

trailboss99

All parcels from China into EU ? :lol:

Yeah, riiiight. Nyet possible, they may have stepped up the number being checked but there is no way they have the man power to check 'em all. It sounds like an excuse for lousy service to me.

Col.

theflyingdutchman

I am not sure if this is just related to parcels into Holland.... normally shipping from HK to, via registred airmail, took 5-6 days....that is why we never use express!

Edited by theflyingdutchman

Brightlight

Totally agree with TB. I can't see the UK Customs doing this, they're already way overstretched as it is.

theflyingdutchman
All parcels from China into EU ? :lol:

Yeah, riiiight. Nyet possible, they may have stepped up the number being checked but there is no way they have the man power to check 'em all. It sounds like an excuse for lousy service to me.

Col.

I hope so! I still need to do x-mas shopping!

mspangl

i got .. a rep lv bag from china... no custom issues

IMO it really depends on the shipping.. air china got seized, fedex didnt, tnt didnt, ems once

djprone

So, at a time of the year when their staff has maybe 10 times the amount of work as usual, they are going to add to that work by checking every package.. Millions of packages being checked by maybe 10-20 people?

atmos

IMO it really depends on the shipping.. air china got seized, fedex didnt, tnt didnt, ems once

oh, thats the reason why my parcel from china takes now 4 weeks and its not here.

there is only a bezzel for rolex inside, so i think the customs will let it through

mspangl

oh, thats the reason why my parcel from china takes now 4 weeks and its not here.

there is only a bezzel for rolex inside, so i think the customs will let it through

well i think you shouldnt get any problems with a bezel..

greg_r

UK Customs target re-sellers only. They have specific instructions NOT to stop individual items unless they have a specific complaint from the copyright holder relating to that particular package.

The BBC item you're linking isn't really related - it's about the usual crackdown on market traders and the like...

KeNnY

I will correct them. All parcels from Honk Kong to EU are being checked ! :lol: I have received sooner an parcel from China post then Honk Kong post ! But this is normal every year.. They know, that people buy a lot of china stuff at Christmas so they checking it intentionally...

djprone

Surely thats just a campaign to stop people buying fake goods, not UK customs intercepting more fake goods?

JohnG

Checking ALL parcels is PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY. Unless they want commerce to grind to a halt - the U.S. spends, per capita, more than all other countries on customs, and they inspect about 1% of all packages.

Could packages from China from certain areas or sellers received heightened scrutiny? Sure, but that is not all parcels from China - that is IMPOSSIBLE without increasing their workforce by a couple of orders of magnitude and bankrupting the government.

KeNnY

in my country, they are decreasing the number of workers in customs around 30%. I say, go ahead :D

theflyingdutchman
Checking ALL parcels is PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY. Could packages from China from certain areas or sellers received heightened scrutiny? Sure, but that is not all parcels from China

I guess the lady on the phone meant just that!

Tristan123
why is that brilliant?.. meaning like 90% of the stuff will be seized.. ?

Yes i know !!!! i was being sarcastic!!

currently waiting for my replacement Panerai to arrive from HK so im sure it will get pulled and delayed even longer!!!!

Already beein waiting a couple of months for this

part_timer

Just received a Parcel from Mary today, posted on Nov 27th! :D

*Just noticed, even says "watch" on the EMS notes!

Edited by part_timer

KeNnY
Just received a Parcel from Mary today, posted on Nov 27th! :D

what was declared value on the package ? country posted to ? thanks

prestigewatchco

Some parcels to UK are taking longer than normal Registered and EMS also I have 4-5 parcels being returned as address not readable one arrived back Saturday and a man riding past on a galloping horse could have read it!!

Akira
Some parcels to UK are taking longer than normal Registered and EMS also I have 4-5 parcels being returned as address not readable one arrived back Saturday and a man riding past on a galloping horse could have read it!!

:D

part_timer
Just received a Parcel from Mary today, posted on Nov 27th! :)

what was declared value on the package ? country posted to ? thanks

$20 - British Isles :lol:

stiltzkin

Perfect timing for this thread - to really put the shits up me... My (first ever) EMS package is stating 'Handed over to Customs' as the last line in the tracking details.

Is this the normal phrasing for all packages en-route (Coming into the UK) or does this mean it's been handed over specifically for checking?