Sign in to follow this  
OGBS01

Scammed by a dealer

OGBS01

Hi,

I'm really unhappy at the service from one of the dealers here. I bought a Rolex Submariner, which is suppossed to be automatic. But after only a couple of weeks of wear, it stopped. I took it to my local market, and asked the watch man to change the battery. He fiddled with it under the counter for a while, and charged me £10 for a new battery. He says the old battery was at the end of its life and if it stops again he will need to do another change. That was on Friday. By Sunday it had lost an hour of time, and then that evening stopped again. It's ridiculous that a new battery only lasts a few days, and there is clearly something wrong with the watch. I'm not happy.

black263

I think you need to send this back to the dealer with a note requesting a full refund, on the grounds you're too fucking thick to own a watch.

simey83

I think you need to send this back to the dealer with a note requesting a full refund, on the grounds you're too fucking thick to own a watch.

:rofl:

Phizzy

Are you sure you haven't been scammed by the market trader? First of all.....£10 for a battery swap is ridiculous and why Would an automatic watch need a battery in the first place? Have you had the casrback off yourself?

Try unscrewing the crown in the watch, can you wind it? hold the watch to your ear and give it a shake, can you hear anything moving....?

When it did work, did the seconds hand sweep or tick?

Stuvetjee

A battery in a sub? None of our dealers sell those... perhaps 15 years ago... Looks like you've been scammed by your watchmaker instead of the TD!!

stevok2305

It IS April fools day today innit

OGBS01

I don't know what you mean by this. All my watches have always needed batteries. If they didn't how could they be automatic? I've not taken anything apart, as I believe in having my things mended by experts, not DIY. I gave it a shake, and something sounds loose, so it's clearly broken.

Chavezzito

I don't know what you mean by this. All my watches have always needed batteries. If they didn't how could they be automatic? I've not taken anything apart, as I believe in having my things mended by experts, not DIY. I gave it a shake, and something sounds loose, so it's clearly broken.

Buy a new one!

OGBS01

Buy a new one!

Is this how you treat new members? I've only been on a few minutes and all I seem to get is insults. This was supposed to be a friendly forum.

Chavezzito

Buy a new one!

Is this how you treat new members? I've only been on a few minutes and all I seem to get is insults. This was supposed to be a friendly forum.

Yes.

simey83
:boobies:

shokka9

Funny, you know it's Aprils Fools when you have to read shit like this.

OGBS01

So where can I buy on here. Which dealer can I trust?

Phizzy

I think you have far more to learn my friend.

There are such things as mechanical automatic watches.... Did the seconds hand on your sub tick tick tick or sweep?

marressey

Hi,

I'm really unhappy at the service from one of the dealers here. I bought a Rolex Submariner, which is suppossed to be automatic. But after only a couple of weeks of wear, it stopped. I took it to my local market, and asked the watch man to change the battery. He fiddled with it under the counter for a while, and charged me £10 for a new battery. He says the old battery was at the end of its life and if it stops again he will need to do another change. That was on Friday. By Sunday it had lost an hour of time, and then that evening stopped again. It's ridiculous that a new battery only lasts a few days, and there is clearly something wrong with the watch. I'm not happy.

This is an April fools thang, innit? Please LORD tell me that people actually cannot be quite that thick?!

Batespcm
So where can I buy on here. Which dealer can I trust?

You can trust the trusted dealers

wimpie007

I smell socks

shokka9

OGBS01 = OriGinal BullShit 01 (I'm just guessing here)

simey83
MrT.jpg

JSJ

It wasn't a GoldRolex by any chance was it?

Fucking brilliant :rofl:

elp

Send it to a proper watchsmith. UK Watch Services is busy, he may be able to heartily recommend somebody else.

Chavezzito

Send it to a proper watchsmith. UK Watch Services is busy, he may be able to heartily recommend somebody else.

:rofl:

simey83

Oooooh shit.......

OGBS01

Are you sure you haven't been scammed by the market trader? First of all.....£10 for a battery swap is ridiculous and why Would an automatic watch need a battery in the first place? Have you had the casrback off yourself?

Try unscrewing the crown in the watch, can you wind it? hold the watch to your ear and give it a shake, can you hear anything moving....?

When it did work, did the seconds hand sweep or tick?

At least someone is trying to help. It does lots of little ticks.

Not That Rich

OGBS01

Old

Goat

Botherer

Sock

:boxedin: