Sign in to follow this  
elmerlo

Seiko SRP637K1 "Baby Tuna" and SRP599K1 with pics!

elmerlo

Strange things happen when you look for a Seiko model…

Some days ago I was looking if the SRP485K1 price went down, but I found the SRP599K1, which is, let’s say, its evolution. Bought immediately, but I kept on browsing. Huge mistake. :) I found the recently (september 2014?!) released SRP637K1 aka “Baby Tuna” or “Shrouded Monster”. And no one told me!

It's not sold here in Italy and it was pretty hard to find at decent prices, but eventually at MyWatchesHub it was at 265$, but sold out in a few hours! then back again in a couple of days. Bought!

What to say? They are two gorgeous timepieces and went straight to my favourites, eclipsing the recently bought Omega PO, the Subs, etc.

When you want a “power-diver” watch, no choice, the SRP637K1 is a must.

Construction is superb, stainless steel everywhere, 4R36 movement, Lumibrite, you couldn’t ask for more.

And, only one word about the SRP599K1: get it NOW. It’s as low as 120-130$ around, can’t miss for such a piece. Same 4R36, huge weight (>180grams), caseback display. Wears big. Pure joy.

BTW, I plan to buy an Endmill bracelet for the Baby Tuna. You can have a look at it here. That was a great post for me to drool over the Baby before it arrived at my home. :P

Pics!

SRP637K1 / Baby Tuna / Shrouded Monster

P1020864_zpsp4yjwdxu.jpg

P1020868_zps0ocynm2h.jpg

P1020878_zpsp45mkemn.jpg

Lumibrite glory:

P1020877_zpssabcqbts.jpg

Monsters family

P1020871_zpsnlnoae2q.jpg

P1020873_zps4nwaypv3.jpg

Case size comparison: Monster and Shrouded Monster. Same bezel diameter, add the armour and you have the Baby Tuna:

P1020874_zpss1lhggt0.jpg

SRP599K1:

P1020845_zpsukzgmgkc.jpg

P1020846_zpsrhzppwer.jpg

P1020854_zps73ujgsjx.jpg

P1020859_zpsbwjfiaig.jpg

Edited by elmerlo

WatchDog21

Got a nice Seiko collection going there. Nice pickup!

elmerlo

thanks mate. They are slowly replacing the Reps. The 637 was in after I sold my TAG Cal.16. ;) No space in the watchbox :D

WatchDog21
thanks mate. They are slowly replacing the Reps. The 637 was in after I sold my TAG Cal.16. ;) No space in the watchbox :D

I caved in and just bought another watchbox :facepalm: I think buying some gens will slow me down a bit.

greg_r

Nice - I particularly like the baby tuna. Not seen that particular version before.

elmerlo

Nice - I particularly like the baby tuna. Not seen that particular version before.

My two cents are that Seiko is not so good at marketing out new stuff.

I mean: not only they don't advertise new models on social media (today's most logical and cheap option), but they also make a mess out of different markets. The Baby Tuna is available in the US, via gray market in Asia (Singapore, Philippines etc.) and not in Europe...WTF?!?

From what I understand browsing forums, there is a great fan base of Monsters and Tunas and this is a _major_ release for both worlds. I would expect some buzz by Seiko...instead I have to discover it by pure chance...

greg_r

Yeah. I have Ltd Ed Monster and Baby Tuna both of which had to be shipped in from the US as they were never marketed in EU. Craziness...

plankton

Nice

skywalker710

Very nice!!

Mike on a bike

Now you need the SRP585

srp585k.jpg?w=800

IMG_1228_zps6b09a6af.jpg

elmerlo

Now you need the SRP585

LOL! It never ends!! :D

Bash64