Sign in to follow this  
ShadyManc

Panerai PAM 00001 Firenze

ShadyManc

I must, must, must be getting me a gen of this. It's a Firenze boutique special edition, limited to 159 pcs but suggestion that they'll roll out 100 pcs per year. It's got the OP II in there so retails for an affordable (in PAM terms) €4500. Reminds me so much of the 5218's, four-liner and a manual wind. What's not to love. Pre-V lume and L Swiss L an all. Was going to go with a PAM 00590, but that one will have to wait.

http://www.panerai.com/en/component/orologio/145-collections/special-editions/2014/715-luminor-marina-acciaio-pam00001?Itemid=120&idBoutique=15

5F94C2CD-D13E-44F5-9BB2-A3FA2D9B85A4_zpsrnphgw2v.jpg

14F36DA3-D9A8-4F4E-97CF-32ADE44CDF32_zpsdccupene.jpg

DSC_0009-2_zpsdqwqfxr5.jpg

Mattcas

Prettyyyy!! If you were going to pick a gen this would be a great choice!

Pure B

Nice one, looking alot like the 411-417 editions

ShadyManc

Nice one, looking alot like the 411-417 editions

It does, 4-liner, no PIG logo and different lume colour but I see where you're coming from. The 411 lume was a little too brown on my rep, made strap choices more of a challenge, this is more of a yellow and will patina over time very nicely.

James.

4500 eur loll 2nd hand theyre double

ShadyManc
4500 eur loll 2nd hand theyre double

Which is why you should buy a new one. I'm going to fly to Florence to collect one in the next couple of months.

James.

Have you ordered/paid? Might want to put cash down on it asap if not done so already to secure one.

Related note, sometimes i fkin hate living in the arse end of the world.

ShadyManc

So I've been on the waiting list for this for the last few months & today I got the call from the Panerai Boutique in Firenze that my turn has come. I will be heading off to Italy on the 29th to collect in person & I can't wait. Expect many pictures of my trip and new purchase to follow. :giggle:

gB.

Nice! I was just at the Firenze Boutique the end of May. I was a bit put off that they wouldn't let me take any pics inside of the boutique, so the outside wristie and few others was all I was left with. That and about half dozen OEM straps I bought. :lol:

I also added my name to the wait list for both the 001 and 605 Firenze editions. We'll see which one comes up first. :drool:

I did manage a quick pic inside while waiting for someone to help me...

F859B242-EA75-46EF-B109-B30F28182893_zpsfwulksx7.jpg

First visit with my T dial 243 on...

DC841B1A-A3FC-4ADF-8A25-8E43EBD6407D_zpsddxnahsg.jpg

Went back two days later to pick up some more OEM straps for friends, this time with my T dial 025E on... :lol:

F01E7607-478A-45EB-8057-70D835E7D82E_zpsqjshlzqv.jpg

Some other outside pics...

Original glass door from their original shop on the square at the same location:

C355775E-00E9-41D1-B749-E7D56105BCF2_zpsz3unxc9s.jpg

76FDC256-D208-46E3-8FEB-E362E938A3BF_zpslrnopyjz.jpg

D4EECC0E-7258-43A8-B739-6EF5A882690A_zpsop3aidh9.jpg

9FCC1726-75C5-40B8-A522-067F97B20260_zps54aq6cu6.jpg

857E8265-4D88-4BE5-927A-38803A3764AE_zps4q964zwo.jpg

ShadyManc

Thanks GB, can't wait, both for the watch and for the experience. It's a whistle stop trip, I fly from London City, have about 4 hours in Florence before flying back with my 001. Will also pick up some straps, don't know which though as I have most of them.

gB.

Will also pick up some straps, don't know which though as I have most of them.

Well they have absolutely every current OEM strap made, except for the 26/22 non-accordion rubber which is on back order. Their selection is insane.

ShadyManc

I'm sure I'll pick up at least 2-3 straps, although I've got a great UK contact from p.com that gets whatever I want.

James.

I'm so jelly this is by far the best new PAM in a long while, ltd edition back to it's roots, nicest since the 360

gB.
I'm sure I'll pick up at least 2-3 straps, although I've got a great UK contact from p.com that gets whatever I want.

Not sure how much time you will have, but Simona is not too far from the boutique, just a short walk on the other side of the river and Ponte Vecchio bridge. You need to make an appointment ahead of time with her though. Her office/show room is connected to her house. I paid her a visit when I was there. She is a super nice lady, very gracious and humble. She had a nice variety of straps in stock, some not even released yet on her website when I was there.

411AECD2-E7BA-4C6B-B7FB-DF91F9251964_zpszgs3ullw.jpg

0461D60E-876D-4831-984E-264CA9B582A4_zps305iuzrh.jpg

I walked away with this bunch of 24mm straps. She gave me a deal on the lot paying by cash. Grabbed the last 24mm octopus blue strap she had too, as they are out of production, but was for a friend. Some nice others too.

7156E74D-1B4F-4934-9103-238E19DF8CF0_zpsd1qqdjdg.jpg

Robin195959

Love the pouches. Nice touch

ShadyManc

Good call GB, will see if I can get an appointment.

ShadyManc

So my Firenze trip was Wednesday & save a few travel hiccups it was a great day and experience. To recap, the Panerai boutique would not ship outside of Italy & whilst I have friends a colleagues in Italy, collecting in person only added to the adventure and experience. As I do lots of airmails, and I mean lots of airmails, I used some of these to pay for the flight so upgraded to business.

Wednesday started at 06:00 with a first-class train ticket from Stafford to London Euston - didn't count on a suicide impacting the journey time so just about made it to London City Airport on time. Flight was delayed by 90 mins, disappointed as that meant 90 mins less time in Florence, but hey ho, I was only going for the day to collect my watch. The Panerai boutique & buying experience is fantastic, you get treated like royalty and nothing was too much trouble. The boutique itself is beautiful and some of the historic pieces are fantastic. Sorry, no photos, they're a little particular on that. In any case the 001 Firenze is a beaut, well worth the wait and I even bagged a Q series, so part of the original run of 159. Should mean a good investment (as much as any watch is an investment) and a solid residual and desirability should I ever choose to sell, which is unlikely.

It was a long day, a great day & I will be going back at some point in the future to spend more leisure time in Florence and to buy another PAM.

Here's a quick wristie, will do a proper photoshoot with her, along with my 000 and 590, when I get the chance.

E417670C-6C3C-4B2D-97AB-6F0861BDEA4B_zpsdxgyq0s0.jpg

dave47

ABSOLUTEY fantastic read, S.! Absolutely fantastic!! A gen of one of these lovelies is beyond my reach right now, but enjoy it while you can & allow me to salivate long distance here in CONUS. PAMS are -- again -- fantastic, and as far as I'm concerned one of the only reps closest to the gens--I'm convinced of that (having handled several gen Pams while in Las Vegas. I've really come to love and enjoy them: with their huge dials, it's easier for these old eyes to tell time.

Great story and pics!! Thanks, BIG TIME.

dave

James.

Ohhhh 4 lines very very beautiful

gB.

Very nice Shady. Enjoy!

NFleischer

Congrats! That is a stunner.

ShadyManc
ABSOLUTEY fantastic read, S.! Absolutely fantastic!! A gen of one of these lovelies is beyond my reach right now, but enjoy it while you can & allow me to salivate long distance here in CONUS. PAMS are -- again -- fantastic, and as far as I'm concerned one of the only reps closest to the gens--I'm convinced of that (having handled several gen Pams while in Las Vegas. I've really come to love and enjoy them: with their huge dials, it's easier for these old eyes to tell time.

Great story and pics!! Thanks, BIG TIME.

dave

Thanks and I agree, the PAM reps are exceptionally close to the gen, I've owned most of the PAM Super Reps over the last few years and for the money, they're exceptional value. Next up is a PAM 564, need a Ti PAM, a sandwich dial and something a little different (if you can call a base Luminor a little different, I can, but many wouldn't.

ShadyManc
Ohhhh 4 lines very very beautiful

It was the 4-lines that initially caught my attention, along with the trillium style indices and non-matching dial. Picture doesn't do it justice, but she sure is pretty and is different from any other PAM, rep or gen, I've owned.

Very nice Shady. Enjoy!

Cheers mate

Congrats! That is a stunner.

Cheers mate

UmpaHimself

Awesome! Congrats it's a stunner and I think could be worth quite a bit one day. I can't wait to get my first PAM. I would really like to pick up a second hand 372. Also interested in the new PAM634 Paneristi edition even though there is a large amount of hatred against it. I really like the style of it with the hand wind movement, ecru colored lume and blue base logo. I don't really mind the snap on caseback or springbars. Going to head to the boutique here in Beverly Hills and see if it's even possible to order.

ShadyManc
Awesome! Congrats it's a stunner and I think could be worth quite a bit one day. I can't wait to get my first PAM. I would really like to pick up a second hand 372. Also interested in the new PAM634 Paneristi edition even though there is a large amount of hatred against it. I really like the style of it with the hand wind movement, ecru colored lume and blue base logo. I don't really mind the snap on caseback or springbars. Going to head to the boutique here in Beverly Hills and see if it's even possible to order.

As I now own 3x gen PAMs I guess I qualify for being a Paneristi. Like all clubs there is a small but vocal group that don't like the 634, they think it's an affront to the community as a whole. I don't go in for all that nonsense, I'm of the view that if you like it then go for it. Truth told there are so many inconsistencies with the original Panerai watches that no matter what you buy, you'll be buying something that has some major historical flaws, I guess the popular models are those with the least amount of inconsistency. Best of luck, I would go for a 372 myself, as that will have a wider appeal if you ever wanted to flip it.

As I understand it you need to be a member of p.com to order one (although I don't think the boutique cares tbh)

See http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/message/1435436425/NYC+2015+P.com+Anniversary+Special+Announcement