Sign in to follow this  
Genius

Bargain - Dirt cheap croc from ebay - via Thailand

Genius

Just got this in today from ebay, wasn't expecting much because of the price but I really am pleasantly surprised with what has arrived.

this is the link I bought from

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321118538154?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As you can see really really cheap.

DSC_1025_zps2frzs35t.jpg

Its also really soft and I can see it being a very comfortable strap once I get it on the watch. It is stated as handmade and it does look it, the stitching isnt perfect but defiantly more than good enough for the money!

its going to make its way onto my vintage omega de ville quartz gen, but I am waiting for a new battery turning up and also a decent set of screwdrivers so I can change the battery

DSC_0851_zpsbao7tprt.jpg

Just a note on the listing they have it quoted as 14mm at the buckle, glad I didnt order a buckle as its actually 16mm. I have just ordered a gold omega branded buckle from linamarket, I thought about getting a gen omega buckle with the watch being gen, but I dont think I'll wear this too much it is really a dress watch so the lina buckle will do for now

Genius

They have a good range of other straps for sale so I'd say to anyone considering a croc then at the prices they have listed its gotta be worth a punt!

Genius

Just got home and fitted the strap to the watch and think it suits it really well, it is quite a short strap but fits me just fine on the second to last hole

DSC_1027_zpscle6xhvl.jpg

MetalMickey

Looks good, is it really CITES certified? I have emailed the seller to see if he has any suitable for the TAG friction deployant clasps.

Genius

No idea on the certificate it didn't come with anything but it is stated in the listing, it's not full Croc, I should say but does look like gen Croc on the top and then it is backed with really soft leather.

Like I have said before is not perfect but a lot better than I expected for this money they even have 24mm ones for less than £15

narikaa

All items and eBay shop empty

Maybe a croc bit him out of despair for his offerings

I really wanted to show the black strap that went around corners :giggle:

Genius
At the risk of raising a necro thread............looks like he's back on the air.

With a vengeance : http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dill155/m.html?item=321118538154&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Well spotted, I really can't fault my strap for what it cost, he does sell a very random selection of goods, I'm actually tempted to try one of his wallets either in snake or stingray skin

caw

good spot, thanks for letting us know.

Libertatia

Just ordered the black version. Thanks for posting :-)

not_finbar

I don't want to come across as a tree-hugging dick, but please think twice about buying exotic animal skins with no form of certification whatsoever. The illegal wildlife trade isn't very nice.