Sign in to follow this  
Amrjon

Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 (via Ali)

Amrjon

Here is a Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 that I bought from Ali express.

My first purchase from Ali, and went pretty smoothly.

Its only a cheapie @ $84 and I’m no expert, but for the money I’m happy.

I don’t know enough to tell you what factory its from or version etc, but I’ve re-read this thread http://www.rwgforum....age-comparison/ and it

and it has some features as per the V2 (face, case dimple) but not all?

The lume is bright / sharp and the strap material is visually nice and similar genuine, but its generic with a different clasp and no branding.

Visually, case, face etc I’m very happy. To my eye, overall it’s a sharp looking watch that I'm happy to wear. It keeps time fine so far, but I’m unsure about the quality of the movement. Through most of a revolution the second hand beats away smoothly with a frequency that looks visually close to (a little less than) my orient (6/sec), but around 1-2 it seems to beat at a much lower frequency? Also it 'feels tinny’ through the crown when setting the date/time. So I'm guessing that its nothing special inside, but we'll see how it goes over time.

I only have some quick iphone pics with lots of reflections for now. I’ll try to get some better ones when I can.

Breitling%2BSOH%2B46%2B%2B%2B(21).JPG

Breitling%2BSOH%2B46%2B%2B(8).JPG

Breitling%2BSOH%2B46%2B%2B%2B(8).JPG

Breitling%2BSOH%2B46%2B%2B(3).JPG

Breitling%2BSOH%2B46%2B%2B(10).JPG

Phizzy

I'm no expert but looks pretty good for the dough buddy, nice pickup.

peteins

wow this looks beautiful! any Breitling pros know how gen like this is?

greg_r

Yep - that's the standard 21J cheapie with the upgraded dial. I've had one (in brown, in my case). Not terribly close to gen, but still a nice watch for the dough. Enjoy! :)

peteins

Think I will be getting myself one of these then! do you have a link to the product OP?

Mattcas

Thats nice! and my favourite watch! Linky link?

peteins

I love these little ali cheapies, there like finding little garnets among a heap of shit

Amrjon

Sure, here is the link.

I sent messages to a few sellers requesting some more pictures of the watch they would send and went with this seller because they were happy to oblige plus answer a few more questions I had along the way.

About 2 weeks from payment to delivery to Sydney.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-ARRIVAl-AA-A-BREITLIN17320-LARGE-HUGE-SUPEROCEAN-HERITAGE-BLACK-DIAL/32263826515.html

Amrjon
I love these little ali cheapies, there like finding little garnets among a heap of shit

Yeah, shame the Ali thread was hidden to non-VIP's

Mattcas

Nope not a shame at all!! ;)

peteins

Nope not a shame at all!! ;)

wuuut, i didn't even know there were hidden threads that only VIP's could see, you learn something new every day!

rusty peters

It has nice AR! Good pick up! You won the Ali lottery. Take a look at the Breitling Superocean Abyss that I ended up with on Aliexpress. The bubble wrap that it came in was more likable than the watch. I would post a link to my review but I can't find it at the moment.

Xpletiv

Thanks for posting this! Nice review and very nice pics!

I don't know much of that brand or model myself, but it looks rather nice and that's all that counts for me. I'm not much for Breit, but this is a nice one. Plus, that price.

Amrjon

Quick update, I had to reset and restart the watch this morning. Works fine all day while wearing but might not have enough power reserve to last through the night? I'll give it a few extra gentle shakes and leave it sitting see how it goes today.

For those familiar with the movement greg r suggested (21J) what should be expected in terms of power reserve?

HarleyMo

How is the clasp? and is it adjustable?

Amrjon

Yeah it's adjustable, it's a traditional buckle style rather than a clasp

Haltec

Can you please post a clasp & case back cover picture?

Is there a laser etching on a case between lugs?

Watch is great bang for buck!!!

TheSav

Dan good for the money.

Amrjon
Can you please post a clasp & case back cover picture?

Is there a laser etching on a case between lugs?

Watch is great bang for buck!!!

No problem, I'll get a couple of pics for you shortly.

Re. Etching between the lugs, no there's no serial number there.

nev848

Here is a picture of my Gen and V2 for comparison. Gen is on the left. The only real tells are the strap as the Gen strap is simply gorgeous and the bezel width is slightly thicker on the Gen. Also the Gen dial screams quality and has a very slight sun burst effect to it. More of a very very dark bronze colour against the flat black of the V2.

Out of all my Gen and Rep watches the 46 on mesh is the most commented on.

b91e35bd68295ea5d3bd9c1cbe0a17ff_zpsaea716ae.jpg

Haltec

Flat black? Hm... But on blue REP version is pretty sunbusted dial...

I thought that only laquer colour will be different... (since sunburst effect is not due to lacquer - rather to mechanical treat of dial prior to colouring.)

Thx though. Nice info.

Amrjon

Thanks for those pics for comparison. Not much to pick between those 2 from the pic.

I note your comment that the gen strap is gorgeous. As above this watch generally looks good, but the strap is pretty basic.

Here are some extra pics as requested. No engraving between the lugs.

IMG_9016.JPG

IMG_9018.JPG

Also, re. my earlier post about the power reserve. It will last through the night OK if I give it a quick 'wind' as I take it off.

Haltec

Amrjon thx for the pics.

I noticed new sort of mesh bracelets appeared on ali. I'll try to find links later on.

They're priced about 25-35 usd but way thicker and better appearing than the standard ones.

Then only nice Breitling clasp need's to be fitted.

Maybe even from a REP rubber band one?

Pic of rep bracelet clasp for mesh, anyone?

Haltec

Amrjon

Amrjon thx for the pics.

I noticed new sort of mesh bracelets appeared on ali. I'll try to find links later on.

They're priced about 25-35 usd but way thicker and better appearing than the standard ones.

Then only nice Breitling clasp need's to be fitted.

Maybe even from a REP rubber band one?

Pic of rep bracelet clasp for mesh, anyone?

Haltec

Yeah I'd be interested in a rep mesh bracelet with the Brietling branding if I can find one cheapish - don't want to overcapitalise on my $84 watch.

I've also ordered a leather band that is similar to the gen leather option for this watch. I'm getting used to it, but my original thought was that the stainless mesh might be a bit to much bling for me.