Sign in to follow this  
rusty peters

Avenger Skyland Blue!

rusty peters

This arrived yesterday. It is a 44.5mm blue dial Avenger Skyland from Tony, a TD next door. The strap is black leather with a folding deployant clasp and I am pleasantly surprised by the fit and the quality of the leather. I fully expected a strap made from linoleum and an ill fitting deployant, given my tiny wrists. It doesn't even reek of carcinogens from the sweatshop. AR is excellent, fit and finish are great but the bezel has really light clicks. A little dental floss will fix it.

The blue dial is very subtle. In most light, it looks black or like a charcoal gray. Direct sunlight makes the blue pop. I have a brown alligator strap on the way because dark blue and dark brown go together like peas and carrots!

44.5mm would usually scare someone like me away. In the Breitling universe, it is nothing to fear. I have two Blackbirds which are 42mm and they wear no smaller than this one. The curved lugs of the Avenger actually make it hug the wrist better than the Blackbird.

Oh, about the posts about never buying watches with A7750s......pretend you didn't read those. The native seconds@9 allows me to lie to myself about it being reliable. Somehow I now have three watches with that movement. To make me even more of a hypocrite, two of them are seconds@3 with a big date complication. Nobody likes a coward.

IMG_20150409_102341_zpsqgmoj6lj.jpg

No dirty kneenex in the picture this time!

rusty peters

That picture really makes the watch look horrible!^^^^

In real life, it looks great.

Seand83

I hate being color this looks black to me. But I love this watch great pick up.

P4GTR

Great watch. You might want to consider at least a nice calf deployant strap, it will take the watch to another level for about $40 to your door. They're available in black, mocha, or tan-

Calfcolors_zps65b8a943.jpg

IMG_7661_zpsaedd1c42.jpg

IMG_7504_zpsc1013ef6.jpg

The alligator straps are gorgeous.

IMG_0779_zpsf940ad62.jpg

IMG_0780_zps25ef5d46.jpg

Here's the ocean blue alligator to match that dial of yours. ;)

IMG_8238_zpsedfa2037.jpgIMG_8235_zpsdbbdccfd.jpg

rusty peters

Holy cow, those straps look great!

atozzotas

Where I can get something close to the alligator strap?

Ruski91

Rusty, when you get the strap, please post some more pics of your watch. Love the Skyland. Got two of these for my friends and they are awesome. Chrono issues if you dont know what you are doing with them, but other than that they are fantastic.

rusty peters

Thanks, Ruski!

I have not even tested the chrono yet. I have no plans to do so. I treat A7750s like people treat the features of British cars. Just assume they work and never test them or you will be proven wrong!

krillza91

Nice watch does the Quartz still work? :thumbsup:

rusty peters

It sure does. It is an automatic and the chronograph functions perfectly.