Sign in to follow this  
tlick

What's The Difference?!?!

tlick

Hey Guys! Decided that the AP Don Ramon de la Cruz is my next rep, and since Toro has such amazing AP reviews I have been looking at his inventory and I came across the 2 I am deciding between but don't know what the differences are in the movements/which one is more reliable/which one would you go with? Is it worth the extra $40 or not? Whats the difference?

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_50&product_id=698

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_50&product_id=1315

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!

kiki8704

both the same movements. Just made by different factories. Use the search bar to find reviews and see which version you like better

tlick

Thanks Kiki!

fatarms

Cheaper one is Noob, other one is J12 Factory, supposedly the J12 has extra jewels to help with the modification of sec@12. I've read that a few places, but never really seen any confirmation of it.

tlick

Thanks fatarms! Would you go with the more expensive version?

NFleischer

I think the J Factory band may be better. The Noob leather bands on the APROOs tend to be crappy.

tlick

so now that i know the difference in the factories, does it matter that an authentic ap don ramon has the white ap logo beside the date wheel where as the J Factory one is gold with white writing, i think this could be an obvious tell that its a rep, which is making me lean towards the first option (noob) cause it passes all the authenticity specs based on the looks. no obvious tells in my opinion with the noob but you guys are saying the band is probably not as nice? would it be better for me to just buy a band nice strap from someone, i see a lot of amazing custom ap straps on this forum that people buy. please let me know what you guys would do, if you were using someone else's money of course haha

Edited by tlick

Irishcain

If you're worried about tells, go for the noob and buy a nice strap to go with it. Otherwise, go with the one you like better personally. 99% of people won't be able to tell the difference between a rep and gen in the first place.

tlick

thanks Irishcain i appreciate the advice.

quick totally off topic question that I'm only asking because of your user name (irish) and the fact that I'm a huge UFC fan, but are you a Conor McGregor fan/do you know who he is?

Irishcain

I know who he his, though in truth I always thought Ken Shamrock was a better fighter, but different classes and all that, lol

tlick

Ken Shamrock is a legend, i totally agree with you!

Daywatch

Hi, before You hit the buy button better do some more research on both. JF12 maker is better and if the Noob strap isn´t good or smelly it will set You back another $200 or more.

Transfer gears, if one is loose nothing goes or at 12 it stutters - look for somebody who works on them before getting it as well

151789a11c95dcb32bda2c7a7b2c0c72.jpg

tlick

So everyone is in agreement that the J12 movement is more reliable?

Daywatch

So everyone is in agreement that the J12 movement is more reliable?

Nope, it´s nothing to do with reliability (although I think - unconfirmed - that J12 added one jewel to the movement - but it would need 4), the J12 breaks as the Noob did.

The J12 version is newer and visually better with updated AP logo on the dial, better buckle, better dial colour, better quality strap, AR coating etc..

When it runs it´s one of the best looking, most stunning, solid and fantastic feeling watches overall - the gen is 60k. Sooner or later You will need a reliable watchsmith who will touch this A7750 movement with secs at 12 - from what I read in Conus there is nobody, in the EU there is Domi & others. Get their addresses, put another $300 aside for when they are needed instead of buying another watch and just get it.

tlick

Alright sounds good, you guys have all been so helpful I really appreciate it, it's why I joijed such a good forum like this. I Think I'm going to go with the J12 factory since it's getting the better reviews, plus I would feel shitty if I let $30 be the difference from getting the better model. Thanks guys!