Sign in to follow this  
spboudart

Another thread about Watcheden...

spboudart

My latest experience with WE lasted 6 months and finished yesterday.

-6 months ago I bought a mobile phone from them.

-15 days after I get the phone: not working with my phone company.

-contacted Emily, always very quick responses, polite but sometime being a little foolish trying not to understand what I was explaining (I beleive that 'Emily' stands for a few salespersons)

-after almost 2 months send the phone back

-another 15 days and got a mail saying that the phone was working fine

-responded that I knew that but wanted it to work with my phone company and didn't want to change phone company.

-after checking with the factory Emily got back to me and told me the phone was fine and they just didn't understand why it wouldn't work with my operator (missing code probably). She suggested not to send an other phone as I would have the same problem, so I had to pick a watch instead.

-I picked up a watch that was a little more expensive than the phone and Emily told me I had nothing to pay due to all the hassle I had to go through (wasn't really their fault...but it was a nice commercial gesture)

-last month I received the watch: perfect!

-I decided to give them a little more business to test them and order a new watch

-I received it yesterday (didn't had time to take pic, will do during the day), once again: perfect!

So I will place an other order, the purpose of my last test was to make sure that WE got their stuff back together before I could make a bigger order. I knew that a little before Chrismas they would have the 'Buy 3 get 1 free' and I already know which 4 watches I'm going to order.

Watcheden website propose every rep watch out there and it easy to choose one, communications are easy and fast so many 'noobs' go buy from them.

In this hobby, patience is very important, experience help you to go though troubble when they arise (... and it's definetly not a trouble free hobby).

Many of us have sold watches of our collection, 99% of the trouble happen with 'noobs'.

As a dealer, if you refuse to deal with 'noobs' you're getting rid of all the bad reviews and publicities, Robert does everything to make sure 'noobs' don't buy from him and Toro just doesn't accept dealing with them, and there're only 2 examples.

It seems then very easy to be a good dealer....

The rules have always been the same: 'Choose your dealer and choose you watch'

If you have a prefered dealer stick with him, create a business relationship and everything will go fine.

The Admin here just see Robert as the 'GOD of REPLICA Dealers', they've got with him that relation.

I've been dealing with WE since they first arrived on RWI and they're good to me.

I'm not saying buy from them! I just say stop picking on them!

They're not my favorite dealer, I usually buy frm them 'cheapos' to test and if I like I order the 'top end stuff' from Hont (his prices are unbeatable, but I'm not going to bother him with 'cheapos').

WE is just a dealer like any other, if they were that bad they wouldn't be approved on the 3 biggest rep foras.

RWG1.1 is a great place, definitly the forum where there's the most fun but also where there's the less knowledge about rep watches. Everything here said about watch should not be taken for granted, it would be like watching only one channel on TV or reading only one newspaper: you're only getting 1 point of view.

Create you business relation is the final point: Robert, WE, and whoever you feel confortable with.

KeNnY

nice ! B) and what kind of watches you bought ? at least give me name B)

spboudart

That's the one I got instead of the phone/

DSC04023.jpg

the other one is a IWC Aquatimer Classic Vintage (taking pic now)

Inushuk

Nice one ... some picts of the other side ? please ... :)

spboudart

Iwc:

DSC04107.jpg

Wrist shot:

DSC04112.jpg

The back of the 69:

DSC04025.jpg

KeNnY

wow that Digi Tag is nice :)

Baldrick

What price was the phone, if that watch was " a little more expensive than the phone", it must have been quite cheap, the two most glaring flaws with the 69 are the screws on the front face and the red seconds hand, not to mention all the engraving on the secondary face.

spboudart
What price was the phone, if that watch was " a little more expensive than the phone", it must have been quite cheap, the two most glaring flaws with the 69 are the screws on the front face and the red seconds hand, not to mention all the engraving on the secondary face.

The phone was 89.99 and the watch 98$ (actually 118$ - 20$ coupon off).

I know about the flaws, I just wish a better rep would exist.

The size of the digital face is totally off. I'm not expecting the exact same watch with a chrono to the 1/1000, but some thing closer would be nice, at least without those nasty front screw. I know another model exist it doesn't have the screw but it blooks even worse and cheaper.

Baldrick

A better rep does exist

PICT0002a.jpg

PICT0003z.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006z.jpg

Inushuk

Bald : where this one is coming from ? Thx

sconehead

You've made some good points about choosing your dealer, personally I’ve used quite a few in the past without having a major problem with any of them to be perfectly honest. Basically these days, I just go for the cheapest price because I'm past the stage of checking tracking codes, pm’ing the dealer constantly etc.

I have come to the realization that in the main, they can all source the same watches anyway.

When a watch arrives, it arrives. In the unlikely event of it going missing or being DOA, so long as the dealer is on a trusted list somewhere on one of the rep forums out there, I'm covered by being a member. If you want really cheap, try iOffer or the like but it's risky with a capital R.

Don't be mislead in thinking the staff here think Robert is the God of replica dealers, just as Josh, Ruby etc were considered to be 'the best' at certain times in the past by general consensus, these perceptions are constantly changing.

We are ultimately ruled by our own personal experiences, passing them on and the feedback from others anyway, that's what the forums are all about.

Regarding the 'less knowledge' statement, again, don't get confused with the fact that on some forums, a few members like to bask in their own sense of importance regarding their said knowledge of watches and blow their own trumpet to make sure that the rest of the forum know it...

spboudart

I totally agree with you Scone.

About the 'less knowledge' statement: I didn't meant to hurt anyone's feeling, I have no doubt that member here know their stuff, it's just that the forum is not oriented in a way to bring that knowledge to other...

sconehead
I totally agree with you Scone.

About the 'less knowledge' statement: I didn't meant to hurt anyone's feeling, I have no doubt that member here know their stuff, it's just that the forum is not oriented in a way to bring that knowledge to other...

no offence taken mate...:rofl:

KBH

In the long run the odds of getting a 100% perfect dealer are considerably less than getting a 100% perfect rep.

greg_r

hehe Robert is not the 'God of replica dealers' he's just very popular - although actually if anything Mary seems to be the most popular dealer here at the moment. Lawrence, Timeshop and ReplicaMake are also great, and if none of them suit, well then we have plenty of alternatives on our trusted list.

No disrespect intended - you are of course free to use whoever you wish, but we criticise WE for very good reasons - some of which you will be unaware of as you don't see our side of the problems. Please bear in mind that board staff at all the fora see a much bigger slice of the picture than most members - simply because we are frequently involved in trying to sort out the problems that occur between dealer and buyer.

At RWI they cause more issues than any other dealer (actually more than most of the other dealers combined - according to Col, WE are close to getting the boot over there unless they shape up). If they don't have the watch you've ordered they tend to ship whatever crap they have to hand that looks close. They are NOT a good dealer. You may have been lucky, but a lot of folks have not been.

We are NOT picking on WE. They are just crap ;) . This board will continue to recommend that people avoid WE like the plague unless or until they improve their service (and I am not holding my breath). They're not scammers (although I'll confess they've sailed a little close to the line on occasion), they're just hopeless. Tonyxkf was a great dealer - one of my favourites a couple of years back. However, since he's stepped back from the day-to-day running of WE, things have deteriorated rapidly and these days I can really find nothing to recommend them. They have been refused trusted status here and I can see no reason to change that decision - frankly there are lots of MUCH better dealers out there.

prestigewatchco

Actually I have no objection to dealing with Noobs it's idiots and 1-1 queens I can't be bothered with and that is not a title held exclusively by noobs.

I can think of 10 new members on here alone that have become regular buyers in the last couple of months I can also name 10 long term members that I have told to go else where

spboudart

We are NOT picking on WE. They are just crap ;) . This board will continue to recommend that people avoid WE like the plague unless or until they improve their service (and I am not holding my breath). They're not scammers (although I'll confess they've sailed a little close to the line on occasion), they're just hopeless.

Reminds me of a time not so long ago, where in RWI Josh and Andrew's names were not allowed, and what they've done is much worse than whatever WE does.

Now Josh and Andrew are OK....

For a year and a half I keep hearing WE are on their way out of RWI, then you find they're approved on RG and on RWG...

You're right I do not know of everything, but someone has to stand for them, I've done about 20 purchases with them and everything went smoothly, when problems occured about the phone they've done thing right, and that also members should know it.

Again as the title says, it's only my point of view....

greg_r

Josh and Andrew have ALWAYS been trusted here. I may dislike their business practices, but I cannot argue with the fact that they supply the watch that you see on the page - I WISH I could say the same for WE. If you've been paying attention, you'll find that the RWI Josh drama ceased around the time that Col took over as chief admin over there. This is not a co-incidence. You are not looking at the complete picture. What RG and RWGJr do is their problem, but I will bet serious cash that WE are causing as many problems there as at RWI - I've been involved in a few issues myself and they've not been fun.

The simple fact of the matter is that there are more problems generated/created by WE than any other dealer on RWI. I only quote RWI because Col is the boss over there as well as being my co-admin here and we share as much information as we can. You can either accept that or not. Your choice. My position on this remains the same. Your 20 purchases pales into insignificance beside the number of deals seen on a board such as RWI, and I personally would not buy a ball of string from those dipshits.

My advice remains not to deal with them - they're a pain in the ass when things go wrong. If they shape up, great. In the meantime it'll be a cold day in hell before I stop recommending that people go to ANY trusted dealer in preference. All due respect, but whilst you are free to buy from whomever you wish, as admin here I have to look at the big picture - hence I will try to persuade people not to buy from a dealer I KNOW to be a problem. Sorry.

trailboss99

Check your facts spoboudart, The Jandrew Sisters are NOT trusted next door and while I'm in the driver's seat they will not be.

Col.

spboudart

Check your facts spoboudart, The Jandrew Sisters are NOT trusted next door and while I'm in the driver's seat they will not be.

Col.

Col, I didn't say that they were approved, but it's now OK to write that somebody bought from them...

During the whole time many members keep defending them: their choice!

I bought from Josh once, long time ago, before I found out the whole deal about them, but since I won't anymore... my choice!

spboudart
Josh and Andrew have ALWAYS been trusted here. I may dislike their business practices, but I cannot argue with the fact that they supply the watch that you see on the page - I WISH I could say the same for WE. If you've been paying attention, you'll find that the RWI Josh drama ceased around the time that Col took over as chief admin over there. This is not a co-incidence. You are not looking at the complete picture. What RG and RWGJr do is their problem, but I will bet serious cash that WE are causing as many problems there as at RWI - I've been involved in a few issues myself and they've not been fun.

The simple fact of the matter is that there are more problems generated/created by WE than any other dealer on RWI. I only quote RWI because Col is the boss over there as well as being my co-admin here and we share as much information as we can. You can either accept that or not. Your choice. My position on this remains the same. Your 20 purchases pales into insignificance beside the number of deals seen on a board such as RWI, and I personally would not buy a ball of string from those dipshits.

My advice remains not to deal with them - they're a pain in the ass when things go wrong. If they shape up, great. In the meantime it'll be a cold day in hell before I stop recommending that people go to ANY trusted dealer in preference. All due respect, but whilst you are free to buy from whomever you wish, as admin here I have to look at the big picture - hence I will try to persuade people not to buy from a dealer I KNOW to be a problem. Sorry.

... and that's fine with me.

But as member of RWI still buy from the twins, I, as a member here, will still buy from WE (until the day they do something wrong to me).

I know I wouldn't get help from you if problems arise BUT when I do have problem, like most of the Old timer here and elsewhere, I try to solve them myself. You guy are well to busy to be bothered by BS. Nevertheless, I'm not saying that I might not request your help one day (if dealing with a trusted dealer here) and be glad to have you.

Just hope for you and for me that it won't happen.