Sign in to follow this  
Kodi1522

Panerai 111 from Alibaba

Kodi1522

Hey everyone! I hope everybody is having a nice day so far.

Well as promised, I ordered a Panerai 111 from Alibaba. and here is my review :giggle: Link can be found here:

http://www.aliexpres...2046344374.html

The seller is: Watches - Factory Supplier

Store number: 1456612

I ordered on April 5. It was marked shipped and popped up on tracking on April 9. It was delivered in an amazing FIVE days :omfg: on April 14 (today).

Box was packaged well. Definitely no way the watch within could have gotten damaged. As most things from China, I had to sign for it and it was delivered by USPS. I was upstairs, but luckily I heard the door bell! :lol: Did I mention that the watch was less than $100? The quality absolutely blew me away. I was expecting shit at that price and was told by other members it would be shit :lmao: I think it is at least fairly decent. Also, the quality control from this seller is fantastic. There isn't a single fuck-up or ding that I can spot on the watch. I didn't receive QC pics for this; just took a shot in the dark.

Anyways here is what you all want:

1cTCt0Il.jpg

Outer box was a nice gesture. Obviously not close to the generic, but its a nice surprise to receive a box.

7rPwbRul.jpg

Came with what appears to be a wooden box. Again, its nice to have a box.

KlZwayVl.jpg

After opening the box. Watch looked really nice at first sight.

CUJrBIJl.jpg

Watch out of the box. Sorry for the glare. It's difficult to get a picture. Just wanted to show the whole watch. The watch has a really nice weight to it and doesn't feel lightweight in the slightest.

Nt7bXFvl.jpg

Watch is truly beautiful. I can finally understand why we have so many PAM fans on this site. A very simple elegance.

MhYmAjdl.jpg

I couldn't help but include another picture of the dial. After this picture I messed with the crown and got the second hand to start sweeping!

vS5Evebl.jpg

The aforementioned crown. It works well. I'll have to test the power reserve to see how long it will last. All screws are on tight.

lNTzUASl.jpg

The back is phenomenal. It's such a pretty sight and so nice to see the movement in its entirety. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

iV01dTMl.jpg

Another picture of the back. The movement does run really smooth from what I can tell. When turning the crown, it clicks smoothly.

ilWKNPgl.jpg

The buckle. It's probably the weakest point of the watch. It's metal, but it doesn't resemble the gen really. I'll have to replace it.

SKZwibbl.jpg

Here is one side of the strap. Has all the markings and logo. It smells like leather and overall looks pretty decent. It is quite tough however to bend.

DuMrfsAl.jpg

Obligatory wrist shot. Looks fantastic! :nana:

pwlfyDXl.jpg

And of course a shot of the lume. It's very bright.

Anyways, for a sub-$100 PAM 111 from Ali, I'd say its a really good watch for the price. I'd be eager to see what watch this compares to from our TDs.

Thanks.

Pure B

Does it have a sandwich dial?

Stuvetjee

Doesnt seem to have the sandwhich from what i can see on pics.

Kodi1522

Yeah I don't know why the pictures make it look that way. From what I can tell in person, it does in fact have a sandwich dial.

Stuvetjee

Yeah I don't know why the pictures make it look that way. From what I can tell in person, it does in fact have a sandwich dial.

Well in that case, its a bloody good one for $100!!!!

ttenneb

$100 bucks for that is a steal.

DobZ

thank you for sharing, nice clip for the money, congratulations!

Please do post a closer shot of the sandwich dial!

One piece of advice to people considering buying from ali - whatever they say on the profile, they do not have the watches in stock, so only way to do quality control is ask them to send pictures before they ship the watch. they are middlemen with no stock, in my experience, so beware. Quality depends on luck....