Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

Pam288 here the strap sizing schema

GenTLe

I'm going to ask a strap maker to prepare a strap for my Pam288.

Since I spent 1.5h doing the sizing, I wanted to share just in case someone needs the same task.

Holes (as like as the cut of the deployant clasp) will be done by my self.

NOTE: my wrist is 18.5cm (7.28in), so the sizing has been modified accordingly. If your wrist is smaller, reduce the 75mm and 30mm parts indicated in the 2 pencil designed sections (and the total lenght accordingly).

post-63910-0-42878300-1429218117.jpg

rusty peters

Nice design! I love tapered straps. I shy away from Panerai because most of the 24mm wide straps look like I have a leather belt on my tiny wrist. This will tie the whole thing together.

dalboy

Nice design! I love tapered straps. I shy away from Panerai because most of the 24mm wide straps look like I have a leather belt on my tiny wrist. This will tie the whole thing together.

Rusty's nailed it .

Couldn't agree more

What will be the material of choice ?

Dal.

GenTLe

Thanks :) It's the design of the gen strap (the one scanned upper is the replica one) ;)

It will be done in black croc with white stitching with a leather pattern like these ones:

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

kilowattore

Did I just read 18.5 cm are 7.3 inches? So you're saying I cheated to all those who asked me my wrist size and I replied 6.75? :facepalm:

Seriously, very nice design and attention to detail. Measurements are very precise though, your strapmaker is going to have a hard time meeting them! :lol:

mysterio

Did I just read 18.5 cm are 7.3 inches? So you're saying I cheated to all those who asked me my wrist size and I replied 6.75? :facepalm:

Seriously, very nice design and attention to detail. Measurements are very precise though, your strapmaker is going to have a hard time meeting them! :lol:

Maybe you were measuring somewhere else when you said 6.75 kilo. :lol: Very detailed indeed. My first custom designed strap, I specified the leather, thread color, length, then if tapered, then number of holes. Now I just specify the leather and thread color. Or I show a picture. :D

GenTLe

Just put "18.5cm in inch" into Google and he will do the task for you ;)

I am not requiring the half mm from him, but when it comes to precision it is always better to have good amount of data ;)

kilowattore

Maybe you were measuring somewhere else when you said 6.75 kilo. :lol: Very detailed indeed. My first custom designed strap, I specified the leather, thread color, length, then if tapered, then number of holes. Now I just specify the leather and thread color. Or I show a picture. :D

Err... that would have been 16.75 inches then methinks :lol:

I don't go into that level of detail either, I tend to think about a strapmaker as a sort of artist then I prefer to leave some room to his inspiration and experience. I only choose leather hide and length, every now and then I choose the thread, that's it.

Also there's no chance at all I can draw such a nice looking and detailed scheme :)

GenTLe

I received the first pics of the on-going strap.

I am very happy about what I am seeing :)

Remember: custom made, 55$ shipped to Italy and it is real croc leather.

They sent me the pics, then they noticed that I asked white stitching so suddenly got another mail telling me that "ops we are gonna fix this and send you other pics" :)

915dfd740d0ebb5613676930b94a4c3a.jpg

315e8638e5b9031e85e2a890cb1ef12f.jpg

ebzen02

$55? Holy cow.. Post source

GenTLe
$55? Holy cow.. Post source

Here: http://www.sobek-leather.com/

Tell them you have seen the Panerai 288 strap they are making for an Italian customer :)