Sign in to follow this  
chase0224

Looks Like the best 5970 yet

chase0224

Stumbled upon this while google searching "Patek 5970 replica" . These look to be the most accurate of the 5970 reps available yet, although the size is still an issue (43mm). Hopefully some TD's will get some of these in stock.

www.watchvpm.com/patek-philippe-perpetual-calendar-automatic-rose-gold-case-with-white-dial-18k-plated-gold-movement-14969.html

admin edit: active link to untrusted dealer deactivated.

RUSH2112

Why?

_DC_

Strongly disagree. I've owned it and it's just too damn big, no class whatsoever in a 43mm plus watch. What makes the 5970 great is it's modest 40mm size with all those complications, it's perfection, that's the best thing about it, so in my opinion this is STILL the best...

432B48A7-EBBB-4F9F-8703-C7D87AE27BC8_zpsgrjydcrp.jpg

40mm, just perfect, and a decent quality movement to boot, even with the dial innacuracies!

DC

chase0224

Strongly disagree. I've owned it and it's just too damn big, no class whatsoever in a 43mm plus watch. What makes the 5970 great is it's modest 40mm size with all those complications, it's perfection, that's the best thing about it, so in my opinion this is STILL the best...

432B48A7-EBBB-4F9F-8703-C7D87AE27BC8_zpsgrjydcrp.jpg

40mm, just perfect, and a decent quality movement to boot, even with the dial innacuracies!

DC

I have no idea on the thought process the factories went to of putting diamonds on this watch, would be great otherwise. Clearly the correct markers exist because they are on other reps. Also the sub-dials, date and markers are way off. Compared to the one in the OP which has the "correct" sub-dials, date, and markers. Quality wise how would you compare these two?

chase0224

Based on your reviews DC, I think you owned this one: www.watchvpm.com/patek-philippe-perpetual-calendar-automatic-with-white-dial-leather-strap.html

not this one: www.watchvpm.com/patek-philippe-perpetual-calendar-automatic-white-dial-with-leather-strap-18k-plated-gold-movement.html

Correct?

The second one is slightly smaller and has the accurate date/subdials.

admin edit: active links to questionable site deactivated.

_DC_

It's still too bloody big, unless they are including the crown which I doubt (I'm not familiar with the website you're linking to but you'd be mad to tray their sizes!

Each to their own, I'd rather mine didn't have the diamonds but honestly I don't notice them on a day to day basis, and because it's a quality Asian ETA type movement it feels solid and high quality, those 21j movements feel rattly and cheap, not good for a rep of a $150,000 watch!! I'll stick with mine I think!!

Give it a go though and let us know what it's like!!

DC

Robin195959

I would personally steer clear of watches with 'Micky mouse complications'. Ie the ones used on cheap Faux chrono reps.

Unfortunately anyone with limited knowledge would assume that's what you have without realising the gen has those exact complications.

Kleen™

The diamonds would repulse me more than the oversized version...but none of them are really my thing...both way too busy

_DC_
The diamonds would repulse me more than the oversized version...but none of them are really my thing...both way too busy

Haha, thanks for your contribution Kleen!

DC

Kleen™

Haha, thanks for your contribution Kleen!

DC

De rien, møsjø...it's what I do....;)

Robin195959

Anyone else have a view on the complication question?

Robin195959

Elephant in the room?

At least tell me I'm wrong!

_DC_

Elephant in the room?

At least tell me I'm wrong!

I agree, complications on cheap 21j reps are generally to be avoided, even in the link the OP provided the date window has clearly cocked up already. My 5970 has a decent A2836 base movement and the complications work beautifully. Granted they are not the complications of the gen but that's to be expected!!

DC

Robin195959

Hi Dave,

My point was around rotary date complications in general being abused by cheap reppers to populate chrono functions thus giving them a bad image.

Patel themselves do use rotary date quite a lot. Unfortunately few people would know that or indeed who they are.

Kleen™

Hi Dave,

My point was around rotary date complications in general being abused by cheap reppers to populate chrono functions thus giving them a bad image.

Patel themselves do use rotary date quite a lot. Unfortunately few people would know that or indeed who they are.

Hi Louise,

I know exactly how you feel. Maybe try a slightly lower pair of heels...

Robin195959

Hi Dave,

Hi Louise,

I know exactly how you feel. Maybe try a slightly lower pair of heels...

Thanks Thelma,

Can I try some of yours?

_DC_

Hi Dave,

If I cared what other people thought I'd just wear a Submariner!

DC

Robin195959

Hi Dave,

If I cared what other people thought I'd just wear a Submariner!

DC

Rep or gen?

Aren

I saw this tread last night. I was surprised the links were here. I see Adm/mods deleted them.

The OPs watch was most definitely an old version and a cheapie.

Did you expect quality in a 109$ rep?

I have had about 5 Patek 5970s and had the one posted about 2 years ago, for about 50$ I think.

I don't mind the large dial because the most important part of a watch is for me to be able to tell the time by seeing it. :lol:

No one sees my watches but me, so it wasn't a visual dislike.

The watch isn't close to gen and there are much better reps available of the 5970 for anyone interested.

This is an ok cheapie, but not much more.

I gave this one away, and didn't wear it at all. It had a noisy rotor which was annoying.

It was a gift for someone who lost the only watch they had, so they didn't care about the noisy rotor or it being a rep.

The caseback had the PP emblem on the rotor and nothing else.

The rotor wasn't cut out, it was solid and the PP emblem was stuck on the middle of the rotor.

It wouldn't matter to me, since I don't need a rep which is close to gen, but the gen has a completely cut out rotor.

OP, if you want more opinions on that specific watch I am sure you can post the photos...just not the untrusted link.

This watch would be ok if you want a 21j cheapie that looks decent for what it is, but thinking it is close to gen is an unbelievable stretch.

All the Best

_DC_

As ever Aren, the voice of reason and sense, I'd be interested to hear about other 5970 reps you're aware of?!

DC

Mr. Genesis

Not a good rep, but there is also this cheap one from Lawrence at 42mm:

http://www.greatasia...hilippe_275.htm

And I found a picture of it while searching on google:

IMG_7661.jpg

Edited by Mr. Genesis

_DC_

That picture is from an old post years ago on RWI, that guy said the rep was 40mm, but the case shape is too thin (the 5970 sits quite tall on the wrist) and the moonphase subdial is way too small!

DC

Mr. Genesis

On Lawrence's website it says 42mm, but on other untrusted dealer it says 40mm and I know the subdial is way too small, that's why I said it's not a good rep :P It's just another option.

Yours is still the best in my opinion! I just don't like the diamonds, but it's probably different when you see it in person.

Edited by Mr. Genesis

_DC_

Yeah I understand the diamonds are a deal breaker for a lot of people, I have found evidence that it was or is made with standard markers so am on the hunt for one, preferably in gold, it's been a few months and I've had no joy so far though!!

DC

Mr. Genesis

Yeah I understand the diamonds are a deal breaker for a lot of people, I have found evidence that it was or is made with standard markers so am on the hunt for one, preferably in gold, it's been a few months and I've had no joy so far though!!

DC

I hope for you that you'll find it! It would be a nice addition to your Patek collection ;) And don't forget to do a new thread with all them soon!

Thank you