Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

Which rep is most likely to be called out?

gran

I'm 16 and I wear an Audemars Piguet 15400. These kinds of things slightly worry me.

Couple thoughts for you. Don't worry, not even slightly. Most people don't know what an AP is. The fact that you wear one means that you have good taste and are not out to primarily impress others, whether it's a rep or gen. If you did, then you'd be wearing a rollie like many in Greenhills.

But my dad has a gen BLNR, so I always adjust my watch bracelets to be slightly loose so it looks like it's his watch I'm just borrowing HAHA!

You're overthinking that one. It's a far stretch to think others will conclude that you must be trying to fill your dad's "larger" shoes by borrowing his watches. Rather, they'll just think that you are wearing a watch like so many women.

I was thinking that if I wore a nice watch I could simply blend in the crowd.

I was once 16 and blending in was very important. In a few years, you'll mature more, go the opposite and will want to be your own man, to be different and respected for what you are. Clothes (watches) don't make the man. It's the man that makes the man. OK, clothes help to make a 1st impression but will not fool everyone long. Don't stress about blending in, you'll agree soon enough.

Enjoy your passion for watches, keep learning more about more them and who knows what doors that will open. Be well. :thumbsup2: (gets off the soapbox)

Oh I should've worded it better. I meant that if I wore a nice watch, people would assume it's real because so many people wear a Rolex or sometimes another AP. I'm not wearing a rep watch because I'm using it to show off or something. I really do have a passion for watches, just that a real Audemars Piguet 15400 would set me back at around $15k and what I got was around $120. I just always make it a point that if someone talks to me about the watch I tell them it's a rep to avoid being embarrassed and called out.

I actually experienced a classmate who was wearing some Tag Heuer Carrera and it had an automatic movement but didn't have the chronograph movement such as an A7750. So I immediately told him that it was a replica and that it was alright because I was wearing a replica too (if I remember it was a 114060) but he kept telling me it was gen and it even had receipts.

You think all Tags are automatic and have chronos? He should have punched you in the mouth for saying it was fake.

tumblr_lowyb2yydz1qg5jqjo1_500.gif

black263

I'm 16 and I wear an Audemars Piguet 15400. These kinds of things slightly worry me.

Couple thoughts for you. Don't worry, not even slightly. Most people don't know what an AP is. The fact that you wear one means that you have good taste and are not out to primarily impress others, whether it's a rep or gen. If you did, then you'd be wearing a rollie like many in Greenhills.

But my dad has a gen BLNR, so I always adjust my watch bracelets to be slightly loose so it looks like it's his watch I'm just borrowing HAHA!

You're overthinking that one. It's a far stretch to think others will conclude that you must be trying to fill your dad's "larger" shoes by borrowing his watches. Rather, they'll just think that you are wearing a watch like so many women.

I was once 16 and blending in was very important. In a few years, you'll mature more, go the opposite and will want to be your own man, to be different and respected for what you are. Clothes (watches) don't make the man. It's the man that makes the man. OK, clothes help to make a 1st impression but will not fool everyone long. Don't stress about blending in, you'll agree soon enough.

Enjoy your passion for watches, keep learning more about more them and who knows what doors that will open. Be well. :thumbsup2: (gets off the soapbox)

Oh I should've worded it better. I meant that if I wore a nice watch, people would assume it's real because so many people wear a Rolex or sometimes another AP. I'm not wearing a rep watch because I'm using it to show off or something. I really do have a passion for watches, just that a real Audemars Piguet 15400 would set me back at around $15k and what I got was around $120. I just always make it a point that if someone talks to me about the watch I tell them it's a rep to avoid being embarrassed and called out.

I actually experienced a classmate who was wearing some Tag Heuer Carrera and it had an automatic movement but didn't have the chronograph movement such as an A7750. So I immediately told him that it was a replica and that it was alright because I was wearing a replica too (if I remember it was a 114060) but he kept telling me it was gen and it even had receipts.

You think all Tags are automatic and have chronos? He should have punched you in the mouth for saying it was fake.

What the fuck is up with the hostility in RWG? What the fuck kind of attitude is that? I deserve to get punched in the mouth for something like that? If someone did that because I called them out or something I would fucking hit you back too.

It was a Tag Heuer Carrera that had 2 Subdial registers, with 60/20/40 registers mimicking a chronograph. When you press the 2 o' clock button, it changes the needles in one subdial. Pressing the other button would do the same but with a different subdial. It's a faux chronograph.

Plus, I'm not shaming him because it was a replica, I fucking had a replica and told him it was ok because I was wearing a replica too.

Hmm. Methinks you're going to be an asset to this forum.

gran

What the fuck is up with the hostility in RWG? What the fuck kind of attitude is that? I deserve to get punched in the mouth for something like that? If someone did that because I called them out or something I would fucking hit you back too.

It was a Tag Heuer Carrera that had 2 Subdial registers, with 60/20/40 registers mimicking a chronograph. When you press the 2 o' clock button, it changes the needles in one subdial. Pressing the other button would do the same but with a different subdial. It's a faux chronograph.

Plus, I'm not shaming him because it was a replica, I fucking had a replica and told him it was ok because I was wearing a replica too.

ASSet? because he said "I fucking had a replica" ?

black263

ASSet? because he said "I fucking had a replica" ?

Absolutely. Haven't had a decent toy for a while. Fetch!

MetalMickey

Ass-et or :asshat:? That is the question...

nuttcrac69

I vote for asset. He just needs to learn some self-control and grammar and get rid of the image thing.

Oh, and wait until he is older to try and pull of an AP. He should stick to quartz F1's for now.......

MetalMickey

I vote for asset. He just needs to learn some self-control and grammar and get rid of the image thing.

Oh, and wait until he is older to try and pull of an AP. He should stick to quartz F1's for now.......

Yeah, anyone wanting one of those, I can recommend a guy....

Seven7r

I just don't understand why he had to say that. I mean, I was being nice to the guy and said it's ok because I had a replica as well. That he didn't need to say it's legit.

I also experienced another guy who had a Turn-O-Graph on and I said nice watch and looked at it, then I showed him the 118238 that I was wearing and I said it was a replica. Then he told me his was too. I knew it was a replica and I didn't call him out. I just said I knew it was a replica after he told me it wasn't auth.

Seven7r

I don't understand what you mean by

"Oh, and wait until he is older to try and pull of an AP. He should stick to quartz F1's for now......."

MetalMickey

I don't understand what you mean by

"Oh, and wait until he is older to try and pull of an AP. He should stick to quartz F1's for now......."

It's an in-joke. Do some reading, don't take everything that's written on here to heart. Note the first line of my signature and apply it to every post. Chill out, enjoy yourself, don't worry!

Seven7r

It's an in-joke. Do some reading, don't take everything that's written on here to heart. Note the first line of my signature and apply it to every post. Chill out, enjoy yourself, don't worry!

Alright, I guess I did lash out and got mad at what the other guy said about me getting hit because of calling someone out.

Thanks bro

MetalMickey

Alright, I guess I did lash out and got mad at what the other guy said about me getting hit because of calling someone out.

Thanks bro

Remember rule number 3 from the board guidelines at the top of the screen.

You did read the board guidelines, right?

3. Trolling, argumentative behaviour and generally being an idiot is positively encouraged - providing it's in fun. Note: the growing of a fairly thick skin is generally recommended, but please try to remember that drama belongs on the stage, not in our forum.

Now join in the banter :)

Seven7r

Thanks bro

3. Trolling, argumentative behaviour and generally being an idiot is positively encouraged - providing it's in fun. Note: the growing of a fairly thick skin is generally recommended, but please try to remember that drama belongs on the stage, not in our forum.

Oh. HAHA I didn't read the guidelines

thanks 4 the advice m8

MetalMickey

thanks 4 the advice m8

keep-calm-and-rtfm.png

black263

Thanks bro

thanks 4 the advice m8

Thats why we generally take the piss out of tosspots like you who come on here, can't be arsed to read the rules of the forum and then get your head up your backside when we throw shit at you. If you're going to throw a childish tantrum when a member says something you don't like you won't last long here. Now fuck off and read all of the new member information in the red links at the right of the home page.

Oh yes, I forgot to say welcome to the forum. It's a great place if you have a sense of humour and full of some of the nicest people on the internet.

Seven7r

Thanks bro

thanks 4 the advice m8

Thats why we generally take the piss out of tosspots like you who come on here, can't be arsed to read the rules of the forum and then get your head up your backside when we throw shit at you. If you're going to throw a childish tantrum when a member says something you don't like you won't last long here. Now fuck off and read all of the new member information in the red links at the right of the home page.

Oh yes, I forgot to say welcome to the forum. It's a great place if you have a sense of humour and full of some of the nicest people on the internet.

Idk, most forums don't have a rule that says people would be fucking with you like that and not put a sarcasm tag, so yeah I didn't really expect to see something like that.

I didn't know ok, that's why I got pissed off at the guy.

Realism

my dad has a gen BLNR booo hoo

Seven7r

Can't even distinguish if trolling or nah

nuttcrac69

Can't even distinguish if trolling or nah

Comes with age and experience......

Same with pulling of watches.......

:lol:

black263

Thanks bro

thanks 4 the advice m8

Idk, most forums don't have a rule that says people would be fucking with you like that and not put a sarcasm tag, so yeah I didn't really expect to see something like that.

It's because you didn't know that we started messing with you. It showed you hadn't read and taken in the forum guidelines, so that made you fair game. BTW, all the new member info is also copied into my signature. Read all of those, and 99% of the questions you may ask will be answered. The other 50% (there is an overlap) can be answered throught the search box, top right.

Kleen™

Still a ferkin wanker, you are...;)

black263

Still a ferkin wanker, you are... ;)

Don't think you have the knowledge to call him that. It implies serviceable bollocks and good hand/eye coordination.

Kleen™

Still a ferkin wanker, you are... ;)

Don't think you have the knowledge to call him that. It implies serviceable bollocks and good hand/eye coordination.

Just rollin' along with the powers of divine assumption....

RUSH2112

Thanks bro

thanks 4 the advice m8

Yes but this is the forum that would draw dick pics on your face with a marker if you had too much to drink.

MetalMickey

Thanks bro

thanks 4 the advice m8

Yes but this is the forum that would draw dick pics on your face with a marker if you had too much to drink.

This forum would draw dick pics on your face when you were sober...