Sign in to follow this  
baxter

My Black themes finally came back from Domi ... well worth the wait ( pics )

baxter

Sent my Black themes off to Domi what seems like a couple of lifetimes ago. It is my favourite AP so but it was bought M2M and had quite a few dings, the crystal wasn't great and the power reserve had become really poor, so my list of jobs was :

Service and 3 jewel mod ( i was originally going for a swiss mov't swap but pulled out of it as by the time it was ready to be done funds were low )

case polish and rounded pusher mod

crystal/cyclops AR

( he ended up putting a new bezel on this as the old one was so damaged and also replaced the tube )

It took an age to be done ( i'm used to this with modders now ) but the results are really stunning and have transformed this watch beyond my expectations. The case polish has made a massive difference to the look being finer than the original rep polish and the crystal AR makes the dial really pop. Hopefully the mov't will now give me a good while of trouble free use.

It's not cheap but if you've got an AP that you love and it's going to be a keeper then this is recommended. I'm really happy with the way this turned out

Anyway onto some pics

IMG_4839_zps524966b4.jpg

IMG_4840_zps0158b0da.jpg

IMG_4844_zps142732f1.jpg

IMG_4845_zps3e65ffed.jpg

IMG_4848_zps0e04eaff.jpg

IMG_4849_zps9dfef081.jpg

IMG_4852_zps948258f5.jpg

simey83
:drool:

JohnPilot

Wow, thats a stunner Jez.

Who is Domi?

TheSav

Bloody brilliant.

Chrisby

Wow Jez! That looks the dogs! That case polish is amazing.

But you have to be honest with us, Domi forgot to put the crystal back in, didn't he :):giggle:

:thumbsup:

baxter

cheers boys

Wow, thats a stunner Jez.

Who is Domi?

Domi is a watch maker in Germany ... he is the only one who will do the 3 jewel mod for secs @ 12 AP and i think secs @ 6 daytonas. I believe this was his invention ??

He has a section on the geek and Rwi .... if you need his details pm me mate.

Panerista

Oh man! I'm missing a AP from my collection, but someday! Your's is spot on berfect!

gran

Stunning beauty!!

yawn

Beautiful :thumbsup:

Rolexwatchman

how much did it cost total and time ?

SSTEEL

Stunning mate, love it. having recently had an AP Diver in for repair, I am in love, and chosen to get the 4.1 Diver as my next rep. Prefer bracelet though, but luckily another member has offered me a bracelet, so looks like I will have the latter before the watch. This Black Themes has now got me thinking, damn, more money pencilled in my to get watches list.

gtwc

Looks great Baxter.

To quote from TOWIE, I'm 'well jell'.

This now looks like a serious watch.

baxter

cheers all - don't see many black themes around these days as everyone loves the diver - i do too but always preferred the black themes over the diver ... and now its been " done " it fucking rocks !!

timewise he's had it for 4 months and cost as follows :

service and 3 jewel mod 180 euro

case polish /rounded pushers 50 euro

xstal ar 70 euro

cyclops ar 50 euro

New bezel and tube 80 euro

Not cheap but this watch now has a nice gen look / shine to it and hopefully a solid mov't. It's a lot of money to spend on a rep if you include the actual watch and new strap but i'm very happy with the result ....... the next step is gen LW mov't and gen dial( which are very difficult to find and expensive ) and the associated modding that goes along with fitting them. At that point i would be asking myself whether it would be better to save up for a second hand gen.

baxter

Looks great Baxter.

To quote from TOWIE, I'm 'well jell'.

This now looks like a serious watch.

didn't have you down as a towie watcher GT, i'm thinking you're more the cerebral type :D

edwinowl

Looks great Jez, think you need to remove the word 'keeper' mate as I'm sure that's not in your dictionary. Lol

baxter

Looks great Jez, think you need to remove the word 'keeper' mate as I'm sure that's not in your dictionary. Lol

lol Andy ....... i have got some keepers you know, it just doesn't seem that way :D

SSTEEL

cheers all - don't see many black themes around these days as everyone loves the diver - i do too but always preferred the black themes over the diver ... and now its been " done " it fucking rocks !!

xstal ar 70 euro

cyclops ar 50 euro

Not cheap but this watch now has a nice gen look / shine to it and hopefully a solid mov't. It's a lot of money to spend on a rep if you include the actual watch and new strap but i'm very happy with the result ....... the next step is gen LW mov't and gen dial( which are very difficult to find and expensive ) and the associated modding that goes along with fitting them. At that point i would be asking myself whether it would be better to save up for a second hand gen.

Thats not bad at all really Baxter, I was under the impression the 3 jewel mod alone was €300, so obviously a breakdown in communications on this between forum members next door.

I feel the prices are well worth it. As to the timescale, well, in your case, its been well worth its weight/wait in gold.!

baxter

xstal ar 70 euro

cyclops ar 50 euro

Thats not bad at all really Baxter, I was under the impression the 3 jewel mod alone was €300, so obviously a breakdown in communications on this between forum members next door.

I feel the prices are well worth it. As to the timescale, well, in your case, its been well worth its weight/wait in gold.!

yes it has ....... i was going to have a new swiss 7750 modded and that was going to be 320 euro +90 euro for the 3 jewel mod ... would have been nice been but have spent too much recently.

Stuvetjee

wow that crystal looks nice! :)

ads-1991

congrats, looks great!! :)

Rolexwatchman

what is service and 3 jewel mod?

baxter

what is service and 3 jewel mod?

In laymans terms ( of which i definitely am one ) It means that he strips down the asian 7750 which is usually dirty or dry ... cleans and oils it, regulates it and puts it back together properly whilst at the same time adding the three jewel mod which is something he developed for 7750 movements whch have been bastardised to move the secs from 9 o'clock to either 6 or 12'o'clock ( this places a lot of strain on the movement and usually causes a problem somewhere down the line - the mod relieves the pressure in the movement and makes it more reliable ............. someone may be able to explain the technicalities of this better but that's the general gist.

torqiet

oo really nice.. i wanted to send my AP black theme to Domi for a full service + 3 jewel mod but received no reply via email :(

congrats on getting the services done it looks well worth the money and wait!

Rolexwatchman

Oh ok thanks :)

midasmook

I have sent 3 AP's to Domi for the 3 jewel mod, service and AR. It is not cheap but in my opinion has to be done. They are definitely keepers after that.