Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Don't Buy Cheap Tools - You have been warned

SSTEEL
9605509205_aab92fa5dc_b.jpg

mevon

Could someone recomend a good source of tools?

alw

Right. Bought some Chinese today from eBay as I couldn´t wait for the RWG shop stuff to arrive.

:Thinking:

P4GTR

:lmao2:

1126.gif

SSTEEL

I have a quality press which can be seen to the left of my photo. That cheap crap almost caused a serious accident.

Cynikal.Mindset

this is what I use for a crystal press...ain't no breaking this...I am serious too that I do use this as a crystal press, I have some adapters that I use between the vice heads...works like a dream!

Ia0Yry9l.jpg

scorpion

this is what I use for a crystal press...ain't no breaking this...I am serious too that I do use this as a crystal press, I have some adapters that I use between the vice heads...works like a dream!

Ia0Yry9l.jpg

Nothing wrong with that..................but is it a sterile environment? you would not want dust or a lose tyre falling into the movement.

1 laught.gif

Cynikal.Mindset

Ia0Yry9l.jpg

Nothing wrong with that..................but is it a sterile environment? you would not want dust or a lose tyre falling into the movement.

1%20laught.gif

luckily there is no movement in sight while pressing a crystal in place...note on those tires tho, some asshats stole all 5 wheels and tires from a Jeep Rubicon we had in the back lot, those are the replacements :)

scorpion

Bad casting can happen any time no matter the price though its more likely in cheap tools.

I recall going to a tool show and the Bacho sales guy passed around a sample pair of their highest quality Ergo Wire Cutters made from finest Swedish Steel. I squeezed the jaws together and bang one jaw snapped in half. You could clearly see the casting had a fault as it was a different grain and colour but you should have seen the sales reps face.... about 30 other guys pissed themselves laughing. I have never lived it down and now no one want to pass me a sample as I am know as the sample destroyer :giggle:

nev848

Ia0Yry9l.jpg

1%20laught.gif

Bloody hell Scorp you made some wee come out.... funny as fuck. :lmao2:

sci2

Haha, that's the exact same crappy press I have (though mine remains unbroken). Fortunately, it sees VERY little use since divers use screw backs. :D

Chairman7w

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15245-1374201151-4.gif

myaz

@SSTEEL: bet you don't let KeNnY borrow your tools again...come to think of it he's probably strong enough to crush most tools :P

SSTEEL
:lol:

HeavyKrush

Ia0Yry9l.jpg

1%20laught.gif

Bloody hell Scorp you made some wee come out.... funny as fuck. :lmao2:

C, can't mix carbon and stainless mate... Come on! :D

narikaa

Don't Buy Cheap Tools - You have been warned

Further warning

Don't sell to cheap 'tools' either

;)

level z
Could someone recomend a good source of tools?

buy from our rwg shop ... i bought a crystal press(rep bergeon i think) before and been working great ...