Sign in to follow this  
Chiruku

Box full. Where to go now...

Chiruku

After reaching the end of the box I figured now would be a good time to share with all you great people in the community that have helped me get to where I am. There are a few in there that once the adequate number of posts have been reached will be shipped out the other side, but aside from the 1 noob mistake (it's hidden on the photo but you will notice it! :facepalm: ) I've constantly been amazed at each one that came in.

I guess looking back I have had an easy ride to date, not lost anything in the post, made purchases and got advice from some awesome members, and generally been totally absorbed by this new past-time, hobby, addiction.

It's a pretty 'obvious' collection so far (for want of a better word) - and the only ones I have on the horizon at the moment are the Black Bay and the JL Navy Seals MC. So, based on what's here - are there any tips on things to look at next? What makes am I missing/over-looked and would fit into the collection?

photo-1_zps26cbe2ac.jpg

photo-2_zps479d854f.jpg

photo-5_zps9cb7cad3.jpg

photo-4_zps206e5765.jpg

photo_zps9020267c.jpg

photo-3_zpsc48c6c47.jpg

photo-7_zps9d44cc82.jpg

photo-6_zpsc0cd2868.jpg

photo-9_zpsd4b55d4c.jpg

photo-8_zpsad177399.jpg

photo_zps6f65aed4.jpg

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks all

C

Electron17

Nice looking collection, well done. Now time to buy a much bigger watch box.

greg_r

Now time to buy a much bigger watch box.

^^^^ this :D

Stuvetjee

Or sell me one :D

Edited by Stuvetjee

chekkarn

Great collection!

Chiruku

Or sell me one :D

30 posts and counting... ;)

machiavegli

Now time to buy a much bigger watch box.

^^^^ this :D

Ditto ;) and no more Rollies or black dials until you get at least 2 more brands & colors in

-Mach

rusky27

Great collection and fantastic box like them both!

millionaire wannabe

Very nice collection! Besides getting a new box, you should try to add some examples of rarer brands like Franck Muller and A.P.Journe, Breguet, etc. :)

Daywatch

Very nice and well mixed collection, the quartz IWC included, at least no worries with the movement. Must-adds:)) are a Breitling and an AP Diver or 15400, a Tudor BB, maybe a TAG, the IWC Cousteau 2008 divers, the PAM 212 or 253 Flyback, a Sinn U2 ..... You name it.

Just curious for my orientation too: You have varied Rolex, which one gets the most wrist-time? The Batman, the Vintages or the Daytona?

StormyNight

Some great pieces there! Enjoy.

Chiruku

Very nice collection! Besides getting a new box, you should try to add some examples of rarer brands like Franck Muller and A.P.Journe, Breguet, etc. :)

Very nice and well mixed collection, the quartz IWC included, at least no worries with the movement. Must-adds:)) are a Breitling and an AP Diver or 15400, a Tudor BB, maybe a TAG, the IWC Cousteau 2008 divers, the PAM 212 or 253 Flyback, a Sinn U2 ..... You name it.

Just curious for my orientation too: You have varied Rolex, which one gets the most wrist-time? The Batman, the Vintages or the Daytona?

Thanks for the brand recommendations guys - time to trawl through some new pages on TD's ;)

The 5517 probably gets the most wrist time - the Comex SS strap took itself out of circulation till the Natos arrived - the Batman actually arrived today from M2M (and I was amazed at the quality) so that will probably have a couple of days out of the box.

Would love to get hold of the original Cousteau Divers (which would defiantly get some needed colour in the collection) but haven't come across one as yet!

docedelschick

Thats a travel box man ! you gotta her a real box and travel with a smaller amount of pieces.

machiavegli

It's FP Journe & no TDs have em so don't look too hard. I've tried :)

OP: the cousteaus are all available & great reps in 7750 versions. Lots of nice colored Breitlings out there too

-Mach

millionaire wannabe

Yes. Typo there or auto correct....

We need to bug the TD's to start making 'em, maybe if there's enough interest they'd do it?

Edited by millionaire wannabe