Sign in to follow this  
Cannibal

D_Chico (Dave) is the MAN!!!

Cannibal

My package finally arrived today after a crazy, bounce around Ontario, trip here.

Two of these watches are ones I sent to a 'friend' in Montreal for work, that after spotty communication and many promises, nine months later I got them back, untouched. Dave stepped up to the plate and in so doing did work on a couple of others I sent him. Work involved movement replacements on the Ceramic No-Date Sub, Movement replacement on the 5514, dial/hand swap on the PAM114 and a fix to the crown/tube on the Tudor Snowflake.

Of course they all got the escapement serviced by Dave (without me asking) and the Ceramic and the 114 got fantastic case/bracelet polishes so they look brand new! He didn't work on the other two, as they are vintage pieces.

Dave is an absolute gentleman to deal with. Great communication (very important to me) and even better work. I couldn't be happier!

Pix:

DSCN1488_zpstzhe0sxa.jpg

DSCN1489_zpseldzcznl.jpg

DSCN1490_zpslb4iqbsb.jpg

DSCN1492_zpsvgmpsdxu.jpg

DSCN1498_zps0gr8z5cd.jpg

And finally a group shot of the whole family together again at last (not including my box of gens):

DSCN1499_zpstjamfghp.jpg

Mwhitetx

Dave is a stud! A true friend and I couldn't recommend a better person to touch my watches! DAVE for RWG member of the month.

Bliew

Does he do any waterproofing services? Have a few new pieces that need some loving and can't find a CONUS friendly watch smith to do the WPing

Cannibal

Does he do any waterproofing services? Have a few new pieces that need some loving and can't find a CONUS friendly watch smith to do the WPing

Yes, yes he does!

Mr. Genesis

I'm glad everything turned out great! You have a beautiful collection :)

D_Chico

You guys are awesome :blush: thanks for all of the kind words :)

I'm always happy to help out a member in need

MNaji89

Woohoo!

Dave for Trusted Repair!

D_Chico
Woohoo!

Dave for Trusted Repair!

:lol: thanks buddy! I'd gladly accept ;)

Unfortunately it's almost a $1,000 to get awci certified..ugh

elp

Very nice!

Dave, would you consider moving to Europe?

:Whistle:

Mwhitetx

His service is top notch.

GOPR1059_zpslxguxox0.jpg

Seand83

Dave does great work and has always come through for me. Its kind of weird that he always wants to be paid with Dick pics but to each there own. :giggle:

D_Chico
Dave does great work and has always come through for me. Its kind of weird that he always wants to be paid with Dick pics but to each there own. :giggle:

:lmao2: Damnit Sean that was supposed to be a secret! :lol:

Cannibal

LOLZ

Seand83

:lmao2: Damnit Sean that was supposed to be a secret! :lol:

You told me thats how everyone pays. :rwi-midget:

I feel dirty now. :wacko:

ali1878

nice collection !

Cannibal

^^ thanks!

I just sold the 'orange' Sub and have a 16600 Sea Dweller incoming to replace it.

D_Chico

Here are a couple of pics I took while working on them :)

20150127_141625_zps2rlwvb8u.jpg

20150128_133500_zpsjt5gokmp.jpg

20150201_173609_zpszrtepz6i.jpg

20150201_172238_zpsme1gcx4o.jpg

20150131_171326_zpsdxu5rz7y.jpg

20150216_162603_zpsvwnbe1lv.jpg

20150216_154212_zps4zcprg6u.jpg

SSTEEL

Dave's a great guy, it don't seem that long ago were were having that Skype video call where you were picking my brains :P

D_Chico
Dave's a great guy, it don't seem that long ago were were having that Skype video call where you were picking my brains :P

Sure did buddy! ;) You've been a great help and inspiration in how I do my work :) Just like you; good communication, lots of pics, honest prices, and my favorite of all top grade tools! :D

Plus I've been very lucky to have a mentor locally! I was in search of a stem for a 2836-2 a while back and figured that it's a common part for a common movement so I called around to about 50 jewelers/watch shops and to my surprise not one was able to help! They all said they send their watches out.. By my 51st call I had finally found one! So the guy invited me to come pick it up..when I got to the address I noticed it was his house! Lol..and come to find out after we started to chat that he's the guy that all of these places send their watch repairs to! :lol: He was really enthused to see someone so young be into watches as much as he was! We ended up talking for almost an hour and as we were parting ways he said "stop back sometime and show me what you're working on". So I did just that and the rest is history! I started to go to his house about once or twice a week for a few months straight and he taught me the art of traditional watchmaking and refurbishing :) Now most of my visits with him are just to hang out or if I get stuck on something I'm working on.. John has been a professional watchmaker for 30+ years! His knowledge seems endless! Lol..he used to own a shop along with his father (j&j jewelers in Connecticut) but when his father passed away he decided to close the store and move the watch work home..Now all of the area jewelry stores and watch boutiques send him all of their repairs. His set up is Amazing! One of my favorite things that he owns is his waterless vacuum leak checker for testing waterproofed watches..

Sorry for rambling on there a bit! Lol.. I just wanted to share that with you and inquiring minds alike ;)

Thanks for the compliment Micky!

Cheers! :beer2:

Cannibal

That's awesome, Dave! :) No need to apologize...

And so happy with Dave's work two more just went back to him. Actually the snowflake is returning because amazingly enough, Helenarou came through with a replacement crown/tube (after I'd written them off, btw), so it goes back for that and some additional modding and my ExpII is going for a dial/hand swap and a new crown.

D_Chico

so happy with Dave's work two more just went back to him. Actually the snowflake is returning because amazingly enough, Helenarou came through with a replacement crown/tube (after I'd written them off, btw), so it goes back for that and some additional modding and my ExpII is going for a dial/hand swap and a new crown.

:thumbsup: