Sign in to follow this  
Martijn0007

Patek Nautilus leather strap???

Martijn0007

So, I received my rose gold Miyota Patek Philippe Nautilus today.

The only issue is, the leather strap is crap and I can't seem to find a replacement strap under 100$.

Is there anyone who knows where to get a nice leather strap for a fair price?

RWHHm1S.jpg

Edited by Martijn0007

FuzzyCoyote

As is usually the case, gorgeous watch - Crap strap! Lol. Great pickup bud.

Not certain you will have an awful lot of luck picking up a Leather one that fits nicely for less than that, but trust me, that expense will be worth it, just ask DC!

Jonnybaws

As is usually the case, gorgeous watch - Crap strap! Lol. Great pickup bud.

Not certain you will have an awful lot of luck picking up a Leather one that fits nicely for less than that, but trust me, that expense will be worth it, just ask DC!

He beat me to it :D

You seak DC... he'll set you straight!

Martijn0007

Thanks for the reply guys.

I'm quite sure DC gets his straps from Donerix. The issue is that Donerix is quite far away, it will probably take 3 weeks before I get my strap....

And I want to wear the damn thing right now!!!!! :whiteflag:

Jonnybaws

I'm quite sure DC gets his straps from Donerix. The issue is that Donerix is quite far away, it will probably take 3 weeks before I get my strap....

I know how you feel...

I've got 3 Hornbacks on the way from Eric, great straps, I just want them like 5 days ago :giggle:

No doubt the wait will be worth it though!

Duzza

The shipping alone will take 3 weeks. Its more like a 5-6 week wait.

_DC_

This looks like one for me, lol!

To be fair the answer has already been given but to clarify the options:

A gen spec strap won't fit the Miyota version, so that unfortunately rules out anything you will find on eBay!

That just leaves the option of a bespoke strap such as the ones from Donerix, I'm not certain if anyone else makes them for the Nautilus. However, as mentioned it won't be quick. Not only will it take 3 weeks to ship out to you, but to ensure that it fits properly you are likely to need to send him the rep strap so he can use the insert to ensure a perfect fit!!

Sorry there's no quick fix for you buddy!!

DC

Martijn0007

Well, it's part of the game I guess.

I send out a few e-mails to strap makers, including Donerix and a strapmaker who lives nearby..

Thanks for the replies guys! :)

Oh, and by the way: does someone know how I can get rid of the horrible smell of the rep strap?

Edited by Martijn0007

Duzza

Well, it's part of the game I guess.

I send out a few e-mails to strap makers, including Donerix and a guy who lives nearby..

Thanks for the replies guys! :)

Oh, and by the way: does someone know how I can get rid of the horrible smell of the rep strap?

Yes! replace it :)

Pseudonym

A gen spec strap won't fit the Miyota version, so that unfortunately rules out anything you will find on eBay!

That just leaves the option of a bespoke strap such as the ones from Donerix, I'm not certain if anyone else makes them for the Nautilus. However, as mentioned it won't be quick. Not only will it take 3 weeks to ship out to you, but to ensure that it fits properly you are likely to need to send him the rep strap so he can use the insert to ensure a perfect fit!!

DC

Tut tut Dave... Have I taught you nothing about PP?? :giggle:

Martin, try here:

http://www.lpvbespokeleather.com

You may have to send them the existing strap to replicate size.

Bonauta

this always happens... TOO BAD!!!

I am a big fan of the Horween Shell Cordovan and Cromexcel leather. I would get something from this kind of leather, you can find this stuff in a lot of the strap selling sites. Shell Cordovan is most expensive so maybe go with Cromexcel?

This stuff last forever!!!!

Martijn0007

DC

Martin, try here:

Thanks mate!

Would you mind sharing if they are 'rep friendly'? Before I send them an e-mail...

Pseudonym

I'm not sure TBH Martin. At the end of the day, you'll only be sending the strap as they require the inserts (they don't supply) so AFAIK, it doesn't matter...?

Edit: I'm sure they are rep friendly in that I was put onto these guys from a member here. But my comment stands. You'll only be sending the inserts.

Realism

At the price of lvp... you might as well go abp paris

Martijn0007

I'm not sure TBH Martin. At the end of the day, you'll only be sending the strap as they require the inserts (they don't supply) so AFAIK, it doesn't matter...?

Edit: I'm sure they are rep friendly in that I was put onto these guys from a member here. But my comment stands. You'll only be sending the inserts.

Thanks mate, message send. Although their prices (200$+) are a bit too much for me, was planning to spend half of that.

Martijn0007

Just to let you guys know, I've been in touch with many strapmakers today.

Went for Donerix, he already had the correct inserts laying around and his price was the most fair.

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated!

Jonnybaws

You have chosen well grass-hopper!

FuzzyCoyote

Went for Donerix, he already had the correct inserts laying around and his price was the most fair.

Nice one, make sure to do some before and after pictures when its delivered :)

Martijn0007

You have chosen well grass-hopper!

Thanks my friend!

Nice one, make sure to do some before and after pictures when its delivered :)

I will! This watch is so good looking though! Can't waaait on the strap.

Eric told me it should take about a week to make the strap, and then the 2 weeks shipping after.

_DC_

DC

Martin, try here:

Don't tut me young man, lol!

My omission of LVP was quite deliberate, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole after he piece of shit they sold me! Nasty sticky piece of supposed gator wrapped around the worst inserts I've ever seen, and it didn't even vaguely fit the watch!!!

Steer well clear my friends!!!!

DC

Pseudonym

That's surprising to hear given their reputation mate...!!

Realism

DC

Martin, try here:

Don't tut me young man, lol!

My omission of LVP was quite deliberate, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole after he piece of shit they sold me! Nasty sticky piece of supposed gator wrapped around the worst inserts I've ever seen, and it didn't even vaguely fit the watch!!!

Steer well clear my friends!!!!

DC

for leatherworks (assuming $ is not an issue) - nothing beats ABP Paris / Camille Fournet (pretty sure Camille Fournet is an OEM supplier of JLC; might be for Patek too). ABP's owner has familial relations with Camille Fournet's too

Nacfitness

where did you pick up the watch at?

Martijn0007
where did you pick up the watch at?

Intime.co

_DC_
That's surprising to hear given their reputation mate...!!

I'd never heard if them before so wasn't aware of their reputation, but I was pretty shocked too, considering they're not bloody cheap either (so probably not what OP is looking for anyway)! $200 and I'm not even convinced now I look at the website that they sent me the colour I ordered!!

DC