Sign in to follow this  
Hornet

Breitling SOA 44mm (....and I beat CNY again!)

Hornet

Well, after my Tudor Pelagos made it through the CNY shenanigans I really didn't expect to be lucky second time around with this one, but amazingly Tony at Asian7750 (TD over on RWI....) came through with the goods! Which happens to be a Breitling Superocean Abyss 44mm in yellow. :nana:

This watch is a little bit special for me as I've always loved the look of this watch and have been trying on and off for about 6 months to find one (even considered getting some tat I saw off Aliexpress.....), this was in spite of the clear fact that everywhere I read on forums that this watch was out of stock and every TD confirmed this......

......at this point I must give a shout out to Chrisby, as he was looking for an SOA 42 (after I'd bought mine....) and he found one via Asian7750, who I'd not tried before, so I gave Tony a go and he came up trumps. Thanks fella for giving me the idea :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: The only version he could get was yellow, which is absolutely hunky dory with me.

I was a little worried about using a TD from RWI, because I'd no prior experience of him, but communications were top notch and the watch arrived in bomb proof packaging. The watch it's self is beautiful, fucking heavy after wearing the Pelagos for quite awhile. Bracelet was easy to adjust and it is surprisingly comfortable. Seems to be working well at the moment, but time will tell......

Here are some photos and I'll apologise upfront that these are rubbish, I've not got a light box and it was dark by the time I got around to giving it some camera action.....

P1040819_zps0q2b2jxv.jpg

P1040809_zpspcqdamou.jpg

P1040808_zpstahc0qz7.jpg

P1040814_zpsmdvxfsot.jpg

P1040813_zpstl4fuufv.jpg

P1040817_zpstxysgafm.jpg

P1040799_zpsj6j9q5ip.jpg

P1040798_zpsm5mtkbeb.jpg

P1040787_zpswwmnbrxt.jpg

Just to say I love this watch and am very, very happy that I've found it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hnic

beautiful watch

super rep?! i think so

enjoy it!

dalboy

What is it with you and CNY ..

You have the luck of 9 blind bastards i swear ..

Loving the SOA though , one of my all time favs .. you have class ..

Just like me . :lmao:

Hornet

beautiful watch

super rep?! i think so

enjoy it!

Oh yeah baby!!!!!

kennycoder

I remember some noob doing an amazing rep vs gen.. now who was that....can't remember... damn alcohol.

Amazing piece! Had one myself and now feel so sorry that I let it go :(

Hornet

You are my idol Dal........

Men want to be you and women want to be with you, or was it the other way around....? Either way when you look like this can be blame them:

168498-566x848-Sweater-and-necklace.jpg

:rofl:

I remember some noob doing an amazing rep vs gen.. now who was that....can't remember... damn alcohol.

This bad boy won't be going anywhere near M2M.......

dalboy

You are my idol Dal........

Men want to be you and women want to be with you, or was it the other way around....? Either way when you look like this can be blame them:

168498-566x848-Sweater-and-necklace.jpg

This bad boy won't be going anywhere near M2M.......

Still got them Cordys too :lol:

l3wyh

Im not a huge Bretling fan but have to say I do love this watch,

In a way im happy its CNY in a way or I could myself getting a 3rd watch in less than 2 months :(

Edited by l3wyh

Robin195959

Hi Hornet,

I had this watch last year. An absolute gem. Very convincing and feels great on the wrist. Enjoy.

Ishmael

Had an orange one of these - might've been a mistake to sell it, but I play it fast and loose. As for Tony - before the new batch of AP ROOs came out, he found a Don Ramon for me when literally none of the TDs here AND on RWI could do so. Won me over with that one. Enjoy! :thumbsup2:

Hornet
Hi Hornet,

I had this watch last year. An absolute gem. Very convincing and feels great on the wrist. Enjoy.

Yep, it is a gem and I'm finding myself looking at it a lot today already.....

Hornet
Had an orange one of these - might've been a mistake to sell it, but I play it fast and loose. As for Tony - before the new batch of AP ROOs came out, he found a Don Ramon for me when literally none of the TDs here AND on RWI could do so. Won me over with that one. Enjoy! :thumbsup2:

I am enjoying it Ish! And yes it was a mistake to sell yours, silly boy!! Tony was impressive, especially is communications, will be using him again I think....

Ishmael

I am enjoying it Ish! And yes it was a mistake to sell yours, silly boy!! Tony was impressive, especially is communications, will be using him again I think....

Yeah shoot, I'll have to add another one to the list now... dammit.

Chrisby

Nice one pal! and you're welcome, I have to say I'd not used Tony before bureaus the Yellow SOA42 which I wanted after none of the TDs here had it...so I took a punt on him, it paid off :) (I love it!).

Glad you got both of yours through before CNY, he's pretty damn quick!

Nice pick up it's a great watch, but I have to say "You Bastard!!!" ......

I now want one of these :giggle:

Hornet

Sorry.....

Ishmael

Sorry.....

No worries. We're all just a bunch of fucking enablers :lol:

marressey

Nice one, mate! Wear with pride.

Hornet
Nice one pal! and you're welcome, I have to say I'd not used Tony before bureaus the Yellow SOA42 which I wanted after none of the TDs here had it...so I took a punt on him, it paid off :) (I love it!).

I wish you'd stop copying me Chris, first it was the yellow SOA 42 and now it's the SOA 44, surprised you've not added a Tudor pelagos to your list?!

...... :rofl:

.....but I kinda owe you one for putting me on to Tony!

Hornet

Sorry.....

.....or addicts that shouldn't be together as we just make each other worse?

Ishmael

Sorry.....

.....or addicts that shouldn't be together as we just make each other worse?

Indeed! Cheers! :beer2:

Hornet
20150217_092013_zpsykmlwp0b.jpg

Chrisby

I wish you'd stop copying me Chris, first it was the yellow SOA 42 and now it's the SOA 44, surprised you've not added a Tudor pelagos to your list?!

Yes it kinda does look a bit like I'm copying you :giggle: .... where do you shop for clothes??? :rofl:

The reason for the SOA 44 is that I love the 42, although at the moment it does feel a bit small. This is probably only because I'm used to 44mm (it may only be 2mm bit it makes ALL the difference haha), one thing is for sure though, the Yellow SOA 42 ain't going to be popping up on m2m :D I just need to get used to the size....which I am doing.

Your photo shoot had inspired me though to take some pics, and at some point today (probably when kids are amused with a film or something) I'll get a post on here about my 42.

Right now I'm shopping for a Pelagos........

Hornet

Yes it kinda does look a bit like I'm copying you :giggle: .... where do you shop for clothes??? :rofl:

The reason for the SOA 44 is that I love the 42, although at the moment it does feel a bit small. This is probably only because I'm used to 44mm (it may only be 2mm bit it makes ALL the difference haha), one thing is for sure though, the Yellow SOA 42 ain't going to be popping up on m2m :D I just need to get used to the size....which I am doing.

Your photo shoot had inspired me though to take some pics, and at some point today (probably when kids are amused with a film or something) I'll get a post on here about my 42.

Fuck me, I've got a stalker......!

......Oxfam for clothes fella. Can't afford anything else after my recent plurge (....and I'm copying Dalboy :rofl:).

Chrisby

Fuck me, I've got a stalker......!

......Oxfam for clothes fella. Can't afford anything else after my recent plurge (....and I'm copying Dalboy :rofl:).

I hear you on the clothes! I'm going to be wearing the same clothes for a month or two now :D

Chrisby
20150217_092013_zpsykmlwp0b.jpg

Mine.......