Sign in to follow this  
69-Watch

The best SUB "I'm going F-ing Blind!

69-Watch

So , it's not like this hasn't been beat to death, as I know. I am going blind reading all the posts on the subject of who makes the best Sub w/ date.

So I have a simple question who does make the best Sub right now this day, available stock, able to purchase today And at a cost around $400-500? Range give or take a little.

Yes, in the running are:

BK Sub , a little higher priced than my range but still in the running

TC Sub , not sure what the big differences are between the two. Both have huge following.

Intime (TD on Rwi) seems to have some nice ones in the $350-400 range ( any reviews here)

Not being a Rollie expert, I have just gotten confused reading all the reviews.

So help a mate out and just tell me which one to buy! :)

Otherwise I am going to just buy another Pam and B&R. :)

MetalMickey

16610 - TC

116610 - BK

And the V5 Noob is a good enough 116610 for most.

How hard was that?

Now who has the best 116613 is a different story...

LightGeek

16610 - TC

116610 - BK

How hard was that?

Yep really that simple. Best 16610? TC. Best (arguably) 116610? BK. Just want a decent 116610, the Noob V5.

markeym3

You may have a few tomatoes thrown at you for asking such a question ,,, who has the best sub?....

But everyone scours at the question although it is valid ,, you look at one and folk will say naa case is wrong ,,, another yeah case is good but bezel or hands or sel or clasp etc ..

but yes there must be an "almost " best sub ....

but i'm buggered if I know ,,, they all look pretty good nowadays

Genius

Old Sub is TC all the way

New Sub is Noob (with or without BK mods depending on how far you want to go)

Simples.gif

MetalMickey

16610 - TC

116610 - BK

How hard was that?

Yep really that simple. Best 16610? TC. Best (arguably) 116610? BK. Just want a decent 116610, the Noob V5.

To be honest, this information should be on the welcome email when you join the forum and stuck at the top of every page :footinmouth:

So , it's not like this hasn't been beat to death, as I know. I am going blind reading all the posts on the subject of who makes the best Sub w/ date.

So I have a simple question who does make the best Sub right now this day, available stock, able to purchase today And at a cost around $400-500? Range give or take a little.

Yes, in the running are:

BK Sub , a little higher priced than my range but still in the running

TC Sub , not sure what the big differences are between the two. Both have huge following.

Intime (TD on Rwi) seems to have some nice ones in the $350-400 range ( any reviews here)

Not being a Rollie expert, I have just gotten confused reading all the reviews.

So help a mate out and just tell me which one to buy! :)

Otherwise I am going to just buy another Pam and B&R. :)

Oh, and if you like the sub look or just need one for the collection, get a Regmariner from Narikaa.

Wriggles

I have no interest in Rollies, and yet just from being on the forum I could have said TC, BK or Noob without a second thought...I wouldn't have known which models mind but I would have known they do the best......

Genius

Oh, and if you like the sub look or just need one for the collection, get a Regmariner from Narikaa.

+1 if you aren't bothered about the fact its lowbeat they are supposed to be as good as the v4 noob based on reviews I have seen here

Gazzla

Noob V5 for the money. Or buy something nice instead . . .

Daywatch

"not sure what the big differences are between the two"

There are some differences......

TC (the standard will have a Cyclops/ white datewheel and silvery seconds hand)

tc_1207c_zps507a0d8f.jpg

tc_9788c2_zps1d38ac33.jpg

Noob V5

Sub-C_1326c.jpg

Sub_C_3525.jpg

GenTLe

To make it easier, on the left the gen one like the TC, on the right the ceramic bezel one, like Noob or BK (which is an upgraded Noob) ones:

DSC_0247.jpg

Gazzla

Noob V5

Sub_C_3525.jpg

That, Sir, is a great pic . . .im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

bajamaja

To make it easier, on the left the gen one like the TC, on the right the ceramic bezel one, like Noob or BK (which is an upgraded Noob) ones:

DSC_0247.jpg

at the TC- The numbers (10,20,30,40,50) do not look like they are deep? if you know what i mean.

cubik_rubik

DSC_0247.jpg

at the TC- The numbers (10,20,30,40,50) do not look like they are deep? if you know what i mean.

Because they are not. Different model!

The new model has a ceramic bezel with engraved numbers. TC is the old model with aluminum bezel.

GenTLe

I really suggest to put into google image "116610 vs 16610" and you will get the differences. Before that I also couldn't get the differences between the old aluminium bezel and the new ceramic one. Also the case is quite different.

bajamaja

DSC_0247.jpg

The new model has a ceramic bezel with engraved numbers. TC is the old model with aluminum bezel.

ok thx, new one is nicer :D

g.man

DSC_0247.jpg

ok thx, new one is nicer :D

The hell it is!

GenTLe

Actually I have a ceramic green one, but the classic one is more iconic and elegant in my view.

Baldrick

Lesson 1.

There are no fucking 'experts' on these fora.

Lesson 2.

All there is are a variety of different opinions......no consensus.

Lesson 3.

No member of the public gives a shit about whether your fake Sub is a TC / BK / V5 / or any other alpha-numeric expression.

Lesson 4.

The law of diminishing return enters the fray very quickly in this hobby BUSINESS.

Lesson 6.

The degree that you obsess over the item is directly proportional to the amount that any trader will charge you.

Lesson 7.

There are members on this forum.....short time and long time members who harbour delusions of being the Oracle at Delphi or who have assumed the mantle of Dr. Know.......they aren't....but like HIV....they will quite happily infect you with the accumulated wisdom of every member who has given them a passing nod.....and who in turn have quite happily been infected by those before them.

Lesson 8.

Anal retention is the inevitable result of peer pressure being applied upon you by those aforementioned.

Lesson 9.

On the basis that no member of the public will call you out on the most basic Sub......probably because they think ALL Rollies are fake...why invest more than necessary......a basic Nymphomariner will fool all those who do not spend every waking hour poring over 50x magnified images looking for the most ridiculous 'flaws'...'mistakes'.....and then proceeding to 'enlighten' we mere mortals as to their 'superior knowledge' regarding such matters......oh look!!!...the Emperor is naked !!!

Lesson 10.

As my Mum used to say.....when it comes to business............believe half of what you hear....and none of what you read !

********************************************************************************************

LESS THAN £100.00

07416610A.jpg

074_2009NOOBMARINER2.jpg

074_2009NOOBMARINER1TEXT.jpg

074_2009NOOBMARINER5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Daywatch

Awesome Baldrick, awesome lessons, awesome pics - all summed up with a fantastic humour, loved this:)

zaqwsxmike

Just get another PAM :D

henrychinaski

Great post Baldrick!

:clap:

MetalMickey

Baldrick has the best sub ☺

Dawg

I recently acquired a noob V5....and I can't get it off my wrist!. I was a bit skeptical having tried previous versions which I then passed on...but the subtle improvements on V5 make quite a remarkable difference to the watch.

Hornet
Lesson 1.

There are no fucking 'experts' on these fora.

Lesson 2.

All there is are a variety of different opinions......no consensus.

Lesson 3.

No member of the public gives a shit about whether your fake Sub is a TC / BK / V5 / or any other alpha-numeric expression.

Lesson 4.

The law of diminishing return enters the fray very quickly in this hobby BUSINESS.

Lesson 6.

The degree that you obsess over the item is directly proportional to the amount that any trader will charge you.

Lesson 7.

There are members on this forum.....short time and long time members who harbour delusions of being the Oracle at Delphi or who have assumed the mantle of Dr. Know.......they aren't....but like HIV....they will quite happily infect you with the accumulated wisdom of every member who has given them a passing nod.....and who in turn have quite happily been infected by those before them.

Lesson 8.

Anal retention is the inevitable result of peer pressure being applied upon you by those aforementioned.

Lesson 9.

On the basis that no member of the public will call you out on the most basic Sub......probably because they think ALL Rollies are fake...why invest more than necessary......a basic Nymphomariner will fool all those who do not spend every waking hour poring over 50x magnified images looking for the most ridiculous 'flaws'...'mistakes'.....and then proceeding to 'enlighten' we mere mortals as to their 'superior knowledge' regarding such matters......oh look!!!...the Emperor is naked !!!

Lesson 10.

As my Mum used to say.....when it comes to business............believe half of what you hear....and none of what you read !

********************************************************************************************

LESS THAN £100.00

07416610A.jpg

074_2009NOOBMARINER2.jpg

074_2009NOOBMARINER1TEXT.jpg

074_2009NOOBMARINER5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

.....exactly what Baldrick has said.