Sign in to follow this  
r0b9502

Noob appreciates fbk on Rolex Submariner price difference

r0b9502

I have had an interest to acquire a high quality replica of a Rolex Submariner and stumbled across this board's "Trusted Dealer" list. So I signed on to be a member!

I did see two trusted dealers have the watch I am interested in, albeit at significantly different prices

Perfect Clones $348

http://www.pf-818.co...6.html?___SID=U

The One Watch $1,568

http://www.thewatchq...product_id=2771

Would somebody more knowledgeable than I please explain the price difference? Would there be a significant quality difference between the two? To my untrained eye, specifications of both look the same.

Greatly appreciate feedback, and many thanks!

Foxindebox

The more expensive of the two is gold wrapped (thicker layer of gold) rather than gold plated (very thin layer that can wear off easier with friction).

anfalas

Not that I'd buy a gold watch if you held a gun to my head but pretty bloody hard to justify an extra $1200 for a few more millimetres of gold wrapping??

Buy the cheaper one and pull it out on special occasions.

Edited by anfalas

Thelittleprince

Id buy 4 watches instead of that gold wrapped one for the price........ Actually i lied i wouldn't buy yellow gold at all

r0b9502

Thanks. I do have some follow up questions:

- Would there be that much of gold content difference between the two processes, say an oz or even 1/2 oz?

- A watch expert, say at 2' away, say sitting next to me at a poker table; can he determine if these are replicas? Give him hours to inspect at that distance :)

Thelittleprince

Okay, my opinion is a Gold Rolex people always assume its fake. Thats just my opinion tho

anfalas

Thanks. I do have some follow up questions:

- Would there be that much of gold content difference between the two processes, say an oz or even 1/2 oz?

- A watch expert, say at 2' away, say sitting next to me at a poker table; can he determine if these are replicas? Give him hours to inspect at that distance :)

You play a lot of poker with watch experts?? lol

Trust me unless you're playing 100k a hand they'll assume it's fake..... :rofl:

r0b9502

Fair enough :)

Even if people cant determine, they will assume per setting

Thelittleprince
Fair enough :)

Even if people cant determine, they will assume per setting

Even if you have a genuine on people will assume whatever they want, so who cares

GenTLe
Not that I'd buy a gold watch if you held a gun to my head but pretty bloody hard to justify an extra $1200 for a few more millimetres of gold wrapping??

Buy the cheaper one and pull it out on special occasions.

Millimeters? Mate they are microns (1/1000 of a millimeter)

r0b9502

Yep - that's why my original question referred to "a watch expert" who would judge by build quality and not assume. Would the quality of these be so good that one has to use a loupe, or disassemble, to determine if fake or real?

greg_r

Okay, my opinion is any Rolex - especially a submariner - people always assume its fake, even if it's genuine.

fixed

Left Coast Guy

Yep - that's why my original question referred to "a watch expert" who would judge by build quality and not assume. Would the quality of these be so good that one has to use a loupe, or disassemble, to determine if fake or real?

Why are you posting this here? There is a whole section devoted to new members, with answers to most of these same questions you're asking (because the same questions are asked over and over and over again....), so maybe stroll over there and read for a bit -- LINK

RepGuy

These questions are all easily answered if you do some research of your own. By your questions wording, and the fact that you seem to be extremely concerned about other people believing your watch is real, I would suggest just spending the money on a decent gen watch. Like others have said, unless you're driving a Porsche or dropping 10K+ a hand at poker, most people will assume your Rolex is fake. There are some great genuine Swiss watches out there that fall into your general price point:

Hamilton Sub with a Swiss 2834 movement ($425): http://www.jomashop.com/hamilton-watch-h64515133.html

Tudor Sub (Owned by the same company as Rolex) ($2654): http://www.chrono24.com/en/tudor/submariner--id5026190.htm

Moral of the story is this... Don't buy reps for other people, buy them for yourself. If that's what you're here for, you'll have a bad time.

r0b9502

Gents, yes - I will research more. I did realize this was the wrong "thread" a bit after my first post. Wont post more here, but if I dont find answers, I will post revised questions in the general thread.

ShovelnTC

No

Sonnyd

No

splke

you were very nice to a " who has the best sub" newb

I am impressed with your powers of restraint