Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

PAM613 small review (with "VS" gen) - Pic heavy

kennycoder

So... got this new "V6" model of a Panerai 613. For more info check http://panerai.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost/fi-717/pi-6733613/ti-966738/t-officine-panerai-new-special-edition-pam-613-/

It's an Istanbul Boutique edition, limited one. The rep is very well made.. ceramic case, PVD SS back and buckle. As for the crown (which has a way-too-big logo if you compare it to the gen), I think it's also PVD SS, not sure about the gen tho. Overall an impressive rep with superb feel... damn shame that crown, but it's a minor issue, especially considering the sub-300 price tag. The strap is silky smooth but the color is different.. still doesn't affect the way this amazing watch looks. Btw it's 45mm.. biggie :P

Now my super-duper comparison against the gen:

zK3jQd0.jpgobBRWfW.jpgHF3wkv2.jpg5dyo788.jpgEaBwRx4.jpge9QZ2Di.jpg

Some other pics too:

E7DC1BZ.jpg

tfrRMNY.jpg

iEIJztE.jpgm0tgzWK.jpgggmc4TW.jpge1a7vIQ.jpg6s9BLLc.jpgI7euKxO.jpg

NheXjse.jpg

Jonnybaws

Very nice Kenny... to my untrained Pam eye looks bloody close to the Gen..

Good health to you sir!

kennycoder

To me it looks very very close.. the most notorious difference is the logo size on the crown.. and that is minor. Very pretty on the wrist.. and very difficult to photograph with my lame skills.

kennycoder

Lume shot:

vzS4R7B.jpg

UmpaHimself

Nice comparison. The finish of the back case seems slightly off and the rep strap as we all know is terrible but other then that it looks great.

kennycoder

Nice comparison. The finish of the back case seems slightly off and the rep strap as we all know is terrible but other then that it looks great.

Nah, back is the same. On the gen picture it has the protective film. As for the rep strap it is very good.. just different color / material. Very smooth.. one of the best rep asso's I've owned.

kennycoder

There you go..gen caseback:

Tw8JLxr.jpg

Lagger

This and the yacht master ever rose (when a elite factory rep comes out) are the only two on my radar at the moment,I like the fully numbered dial and no seconds on this over the 292

UmpaHimself

There you go..gen caseback:

Ah yes, that does look good. I saw the sticker but I didn't realize it had that brushed finish. I have one of the newer Assos too. They are miles better then they used to be but IMO still pretty far away from gen. Put a gen one on though and you would have a super rep for sure.

ALE7575

Nice comparison keenycoder ! Thanks

It is always interesting the comparison with gen

Regarding the crown, this is a polemic matter because SS DLC coated can change of colour and shine between batches, and the ifferences could be very variable.

Of course the rep will never have the shine ring (contouring the OP logo) of the gen crown.

The rep seems really good and helped with the closed caseback could get a very good evaluation

We will wait for more info

ALE

kiko1314

I really like this dial. The only thing I can see from these pictures is that the gen dial cut out is sharper than the rep.

Vbmrk
I really like this dial. The only thing I can see from these pictures is that the gen dial cut out is sharper than the rep.

+1

kennycoder

Not sure if i agree. Dial looks spot on