Sign in to follow this  
Spackjarrow

AP 15400 RG from MR PIC HEAVY

Spackjarrow

Alright!! so this is my second post on receiving new watch. I was supposed to put up my other watches that I've previously purchased.

I love the AP RG with leather Strap. I wanted to be sure that it was what i really wanted. Rose Gold??!!

I already have the 15300 SS (pictures and post soon). But 15400 RG? bigger 41mm?? Gaudier??

So after observing a few weeks, repeated staring and oogling over the pictures of some of the members, my love only grew stronger! and i fell in love with the 15400 RG with black leather strap! APbands.com , Hamiltonleatherworks.com and jacobstraps.com is where i'm looking at for the straps.

So I placed an order with M from MR for FULL RG AP 15400 on 22 May. It arrived home on 31st May!!

That is quick!! thats M for you!

alright so here are the pictures. i abso-effing-lutely love the watch!!

20150601_201141_zpsx0soer3i.jpg

i have a 6.5 inch wrist. 41mm. nothing more can do.

20150601_200856_zps1xf0djzq.jpg

pretty cool caseback to look at

20150601_201108_zpsb3lkr91z.jpg

20150601_201155_zpsacys5k4k.jpg

20150601_201204_zpskpz0e2y5.jpg

its a replica!! so it does come with its share of issues this one... im sure there has to be a solution to this... just a matter of time

there is too much of a gap when the clasp closes.

i dont have this issue with 33mm that RO RG that i bought for my wife. and the clasp is of the same size.

20150601_200909_zpshgdydrxh.jpg

this is a Rose Gold coating issue on the clasp!! that little tiny thing that you see there on the clasp under the A for Audemars. It does bother me. A lot. This wasnt the view on the QC. I dont have a solution to this! I guess the idea of the leather strap should take care of it.

20150601_201015_zps78xph97e.jpg

the rest of the clasp is alright.

20150601_201023_zps6dklawhs.jpg

the metal strap in 15300 doesnt bother me at all.

20150601_200900_zpshpbiyb2t.jpg

The watch does look bigger on my wrist, thats just because i havent taken off the links and fit it for myself. this one goes in the watch box, with its friends, till i change the strap!!

This is MIYOTA 9015 movement. I cant comment. i have just received it. i havent used it. and i guess not until one more month. given i change the strap to leather and arrange the clasp and conversion links. only thing i observed till now about this movement was that it needs winding.

I should have bought the leatherstrap version in the first place. i wanted to have the whole thing in RG if i ever wanted to be louder!

thats about it for now. welcoming suggestions on the strap.

This is what i want to eventually do with it. photo/watch courtesy @phantomtech

ap%20gold_zpsmkwzjpvy.jpeg

Edited by nadeemfazlani

yukon

Good choice with miyota! AP 15400 rose gold is my favorite of all other 15400! It just really stands out.

However, I choose Patek 5980 over it because i wanted a rose gold Patek for a long time and it is cheaper. But I still want that AP!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sunbites

that's next on my purchase list.

Phantomtech

Your welcome ;)

Godfathar

Phantomtech you are an inspiration to everyone :)

nadeemfazlani, unfortunately the pics are gone, and can not be viewed :(

Spackjarrow

how do i edit this??

Godfathar

next to "Quote" and "MultiQute" on your post, there is the edit button.. click it and delete the old pics that are gone and paste the new links to the newly uploaded pics :)

Plant

Can't see your pictures......?!

richardm1142

I am in a similar situation. I fell in love with the RG AP Diver BullvBears had up for sale on M2M http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=99849&hl=&fromsearch=1 and ended up trying to replicate it.

Bought the latest Diver from Toro in RG and Vic is currently putting together an aged brown 'gator strap for me.

Pics when the two gorgeous components are brought together.

Spackjarrow

VOILA!!! pictures are up again!! im new to posting on RWG and photobucket. watches or organising pictures, i guess im just anal.

Plant

I didn't think you could change the steel band on these to leather? If I've read things right, you would need to buy the rep which comes on leather already.

Chiquita Fanjita

I didn't think you could change the steel band on these to leather? If I've read things right, you would need to buy the rep which comes on leather already.

You can change them, its just a pain on the arse. Ideally buying it on leather first would be the easiest option.

geo1201

I know its a bit like asking how long is a piece of string, but does the rg plating stay on it for quite a while?

Cdevil
I know its a bit like asking how long is a piece of string, but does the rg plating stay on it for quite a while?

From the experience of other members who wear RG not as a daily beater but very occasionally, they have no issues with the RG losing its color and getting tarnished.

You just have to take care of the watch as you normally would.

E.g. wipe off the sweat from it if you live in a hot, moist location.

It's a 5 micron RG plating but it lasts a long time like brand new. I still have to see someone post something about their RG losing their shine due to use.

I have seen however RG, and YG watches lose their shine due to scratches and incidental rub-offs against a very hard surface, but hey! If you take care of it well you shouldn't have a problem. You can always get it re-plated as well for 300$~.

Edited by Cdevil

Spackjarrow

I might do it if I need to!