Sign in to follow this  
cogwatch

From Meh to Fuck Yeh!! - GTXL Chrono

cogwatch

Most of you know the Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono, which comes with a tire tread rubber strap. I have this one and though I really love the watch itself, I've always been very lukewarm on the tire tread rubber strap, making my overall feeling on the watch rather Meh. To the extent I was thinking of selling it.

BUT, then I saw the watch on a quality brown leather strap a while ago and fuck yeah it looked awesome.

Along comes TheSav with a sale recently that included a Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono, the original tire tread rubber strap, 2 Panatime leather racer straps, and lo and behold, a beautiful OEM Chopard leather calf strap. At the price for the entire package, the package wasn't moving. Which by the way was an absolutely awesome price and I can't believe someone didn't jump on it as the original package.

For me, as I already have a Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono, I wasn't interested in the package. But damn, that OEM leather calf strap was calling my name big time. So as the total package wasn't moving, TheSav responded positively to my offer to take the OEM leather calf strap standalone (without the deployant clasp as I already have one). He then reduced the price on the sale for the watch and the remaining 3 straps and it sold to some lucky buyer.

Well, no question that strap changes my Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono from Meh to Fuck Yeh!!!! Thanks again TheSav for a great transaction, and a great strap :thumbsup:

Enough of the novel, here are some nice pics to prove the point :lol:

image.jpg1_zpshhhrtgjv.jpg

image.jpg13_zpshkgvvgpr.jpg

image.jpg12_zpswzc5kj6a.jpg

image.jpg9_zpsnauac3r4.jpg

image.jpg6_zps8l9jd4lf.jpg

image.jpg10_zpsakr41asa.jpg

And the Meh version for comparison.

f3eb960e-d72d-47b1-b0f4-9c7788776c67_zpshftnue5f.jpg

Genius

Looks really good on that strap! I tried a few straps on my gtxl both the original black leather and the tyre tread one, actually ended up with a super soft one from phizzy it really transformed the watch

DSC_0229_zpsy8b4xlb7.jpg

WatchDog21

Wow! that strap does make all the difference! Looks fantastic.

cogwatch

Looks really good on that strap! I tried a few straps on my gtxl both the original black leather and the tyre tread one, actually ended up with a super soft one from phizzy it really transformed the watch

Looks great. No question, a Phizzy strap transforms ANY watch. I know, I have 9 Phizzy straps :lol:

Gazzla

Looks brilliant!

cogwatch

Looks brilliant!

Thanks!! I don't think it could look any better........EXCEPT in some famous Gaz pics :)

dave47

Holy Crap, Batman!! THAT new strap really makes a positive difference, cog! CONGRATS on your new acquisition -- and thanks for the post, as you've given me some ideas on my CHOPARD GTXL nonchrono. THANKS Big Time. Be sure to wear that beauty more often. I know I would.

dave

cogwatch

Holy Crap, Batman!! THAT new strap really makes a positive difference, cog! CONGRATS on your new acquisition -- and thanks for the post, as you've given me some ideas on my CHOPARD GTXL nonchrono. THANKS Big Time. Be sure to wear that beauty more often. I know I would.

dave

Thanks Dave. Glad I could inspire you!! It was someone else's thread where I became inspired myself on this one.

Definitely re-look at your GTXL in a new light thinking about a nice strap. Mine went from "maybe I should sell it" to "if I was down to my last dollar with nothing to eat and selling all my watches, it would be one of the last to go". :)

Kcore

New watch entirely- looks fantastic!!!

jewped

nice

Stewart
borat_zps5yo30hmg.jpg

HeavyKrush

That is bang on Cog. Nice pick up and Sav is top notch.

Irishcain

Very nice. Got me thinking now......

Pam_da_monia

Wow does that turn this into something completely different and special

grb

You can also achieve a nice effect with a lot of calf

chopmm_zps4a3b57d0.jpg

UmpaHimself

To be honest I have never cared for that watch at all. But damn that strap makes it pop. That was a nice pickup!

grb

Gianni et Filio, better in real life

IMGP1828.jpg

N.Rico

really looks awesome,

I still have mine in the rubber band and always looking for something interested but i have not luck finding a strap for this watch as its 23mm ,

now i just find a carbon fiber that i want to try on it ,

Enjoy it cog thats a really nice combo

grb

A 24mm will fit, the Gianni is 24

corsa

I must admit, I'm probably going to sell mine this weekend on here, but jeez they do look good on leather.

Here's a pic of mine on rubber.

IMG_3652_zps1f4002f4.jpg

TheSav

Brown leather is definitely the best look for it. The gem strap was super soft and comfy too. Glad you like it mate.