Sign in to follow this  
simonbolivar

Pam 605 KW: Quick review and pics

simonbolivar

My Pam journey continues... I started to take a liking to the retro style of the 372 over the last several weeks. Then I happened to see some pics of the new 605 which has been creating a buzz next door at RWI.

This dial is really interesting... colors change dramatically depending on the light. My photography skills leave much to be desired, but tried a few different lighting perspectives to demonstrate.

The movement is not correct on this one, and is basically a prettied up A6497. That was one disadvantage versus the 372 which has a P3000 clone version available. But I wasn't really bothered by that. The 6497 is a solid movement and people aren't examining the movement anyway, nor would they even know what they are looking at. The anthracite dial color and grey asso strap was what sold me, and looks pretty damned close to gen pics I have seen.

Build quality seems excellent, typical KW. Some sharp edges on the crown lever, but the highly polished case looks great. This is my first 47mm PAM, and I have to say it is much more comfortable and lighter than I would have expected.

I'm thinking this one will be a keeper. :wub:

IMG_2702_zpsxjosdgmm.jpgIMG_2701_zpsxjgqburu.jpg

IMG_2731_zpsdm7lf0to.jpg

IMG_2716_zps1kcuobui.jpg

IMG_2714_zps3iy9tg6b.jpg

IMG_2701_zpsxjgqburu.jpg

IMG_2729_zpsp4lpvlva.jpg

IMG_2703_zpsxmmcmjo6.jpg

IMG_2710_zpsdycspmrh.jpg

BadPickle

That IS pretty, a gorgeous looking dial too. :drool: what's the strap? Rep asso?

simonbolivar
That IS pretty, a gorgeous looking dial too. :drool: what's the strap? Rep asso?

Yep... It's the gray asso that comes with the watch. Looks and feels great IMO, ...won't be in a hurry to replace this one.

mysterio

The rep asso straps have come a long way. You can use them for quite a while until you need to replace them. Thanks for sharing the PAM605 review. :)

UmpaHimself

Damn, I may have to break down and order one. It's a shame that they couldn't even use the SS screws though.

mysterio

Damn, I may have to break down and order one. It's a shame that they couldn't even use the SS screws though.

Maybe these were leftover movements? I remember the very first PAM372 rep (we called it the Angus maker V1, which also had the gold CP) using this movement. It was immediately corrected in the Angus maker V2 PAM372.

NFleischer

Very nice dial and super clear crystal- congrats

Ishmael

Just ordered this from Toro a day or two ago. Never been a big PAM guy, but as you say S, that dial and the asso strap are too pretty to pass up. I may come to my senses and flip it in the end, but first we'll see how the PAM sits next to all the Daytonas :)

machiavegli

I've been off PAM lately but this combination of grey dial, grey strap, "Firenze" on dial... Very tempting

-Mach

Not That Rich

Thanks for posting, that dial looks great, I have one in coming next week :lol:

ALE7575

Thanks for sharing and for the mini-review

Dial and watch seem really awesome

I think sunburst effect is good enough and nice

Overall finish is really good too

It is a shame the movement

But Anyway a very nice rep, better than I expected

Congrats

I will include this thread in PAM GUIDE, when I introduce PAM 605