Sign in to follow this  
Gazzla

DEEP BLUE Master 1000 - Photoshoot

Gazzla

Hey Gang

Possessing the breaking strain of a KitKat, I felt obliged to join in with the Black Friday shenanigans and this duly arrived today. :D

The selling price of $150 for this is unbelievable. However, when one adds the 50 bucks shipping, 20 quid import tax and 13 quid handling it tends to take the shine off a tad. :sad:

Notwithstanding, this is a great specced watch for the dough. Seconds sweep round smoothly, bezel is nice and tight, crown operation is beautiful, everything works perfectly. Comes on a really comfy, smooth silicone strap which I'm not a great fan of, so stuck in on some leather boots. The lume is good, but I've seen better. (Step forward the Prometheus Piranha for one).

I can't find any faults with this at all, but it doesn't give me the 'wow factor' like the Piranha or some Seikos. Our time together may end in M2M. ;)

Anyhow, enough bollocks, here's some eye candy for your delectation:

DFySpYj.jpg

h03FaS8.jpg

g7iy5H9.jpg

XSPYVNA.jpg

fdOKn8A.jpg

oesJrIA.jpg

7SMXJrN.jpg

4o6mxeX.jpg

U2RBkGi.jpg

yk6hQKj.jpg

rwRhjPv.jpg

fKz6cuC.jpg

2sI3Xct.jpg

Gaz :D

HWG

Really nice piece and great pics as always. Looks like a cross between Oris and Rolex. Enjoy it!

WatchDog21

A sneak peek at mine! Ordered this one also and should be delivered either today or tomorrow. I don't think there is anything bad about the strap that comes with them either but I will be putting a Nero strap on it soon. While their black silicon straps are comfy they do get a bit boring form me IMO and I like to make it a bit different. Too bad about all the extra cost of getting this over there. that is a bummer. Enjoy it while you have it and as per the norm, great pics!

Gazzla

Really nice piece and great pics as always. Looks like a cross between Oris and Rolex. Enjoy it!

Thanks. I agree. With a bit of Obris Morgan, too. :D

Gazzla

A sneak peek at mine! Ordered this one also and should be delivered either today or tomorrow. I don't think there is anything bad about the strap that comes with them either but I will be putting a Nero strap on it soon. While their black silicon straps are comfy they do get a bit boring form me IMO and I like to make it a bit different. Too bad about all the extra cost of getting this over there. that is a bummer. Enjoy it while you have it and as per the norm, great pics!

Thanks. Even with the extortionate extras it's always nice to have the anticipation. :D

If I don't have something in the air I feel a need to scratch the itch, haha!

NMA

Panerai hands :boxedin:

Gazzla

Panerai hands :boxedin:

Haha! :D

DejaWho

Great photos as always Gazzla!

xTiTnnDBu4yH1hVyDu.gif

Member X

Great pics :)

I think the lume shots over-sell the real-life experience ;):lol: but it does last reasonably well!

I'm liking mine a lot, but I prefer the silicon strap - I think the way it fits perfectly to the case works really well :)

SackOHammers

I bought the shark mesh for this watch, but I think I'm going to leave it on the strap it comes with. I'll save the mesh for the Orient dive watch (those god aweful dolphins).

As I posted here, I like the rubber it comes with: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...dpost&p=1744429

My pics are shittier and less presented than Gaz's here: http://s445.photobuc...e?sort=4&page=1

But the way the OEM strap comes off the lugs really works for me.

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

the violator

Mine came in and I had ordered a 2 piece nato from Panatime. I ordered 24mm by mistake, but a little trim fixed that. Not sure I will keep it on here, but here it is. Sorry for the crap pics.

20151130_165249_zpsi6nklzbr.jpg

And a side by side with my Pam. Both were dark and held to a lamp for about 20 seconds. I am disappointed in that I thought it would be at least as good as the Pam. I will live.

20151130_165048_zpsy3mto0mg.jpg

WatchDog21

Thanks. Even with the extortionate extras it's always nice to have the anticipation. :D

If I don't have something in the air I feel a need to scratch the itch, haha!

Wow I know that feeling well!

Stupid Post Office would not let another house member (over 18) sign for it today so now I have to make a special trip to the local office to pick it up! :blowup: somebody pass me a beer please...

DejaWho

Stupid Post Office would not let another house member (over 18) sign for it today so now I have to make a special trip to the local office to pick it up! :blowup: somebody pass me a beer please...

I missed the postman on Saturday (he left a note) and I had to do that thing where I drive around the neighborhood looking for his truck... otherwise I would had to wait till Monday and that's no good!

HeavyKrush

Solid looking watch G. Great pics as usual mate.

Gazzla

Solid looking watch G. Great pics as usual mate.

Cheers buddy. :D

NFleischer

Great pics and a great deal Gazzla. Missed out on this.

DejaWho

Great pics and a great deal Gazzla. Missed out on this.

I'm guessing there will be a bunch on M2M soon enough... Including the one you see in Gaz's photos.. :lol:

WatchDog21

Well after the post office efficiency yesterday and a noob delivery person refused to deliver it with an adult signature at my house I had to jump through hoops to get this. Assured by USPS on the phone yesterday that they would return with the delivery yesterday but no they did not show. I then used the innovative technology of USPS.COM and scheduled the delivery for today with a "hold" at the local office for customer pick up. Received an email indicating that the request was confirmed. Today I go to the post office to pick it up and yes.... they sent it back out on the delivery truck! Since I have had mail stolen before I coordinated with the supervisor to go meet the mail carrier at her vehicle to take delivery. Finally, I now have it!

Member X

Well after the post office efficiency yesterday and a noob delivery person refused to deliver it with an adult signature at my house I had to jump through hoops to get this. Assured by USPS on the phone yesterday that they would return with the delivery yesterday but no they did not show. I then used the innovative technology of USPS.COM and scheduled the delivery for today with a "hold" at the local office for customer pick up. Received an email indicating that the request was confirmed. Today I go to the post office to pick it up and yes.... they sent it back out on the delivery truck! Since I have had mail stolen before I coordinated with the supervisor to go meet the mail carrier at her vehicle to take delivery. Finally, I now have it!

I like the way these companies make it easy for us...

... oh, wait... :rolleyes:

Del

Nice pics mate! :thumbsup2: