Sign in to follow this  
mecko

yachtmaster everose rubber / no adjustment? sizes? help!!

mecko

hello everybody,

got a yachtmaster everose rubberband.

the bracelet ist too big for my wrist. thought there is

a chance for an adjustment, but no way.

must i order a new rubberband in my size?

this is so bullshit. thought it is a easy adustment.

hope u guys can help me.

Genius

Yeah there was another topic about these, if it doesn't fit you need a new strap, order a rep rubber B looks like the rolex strap

Cleebeauregard

Yeah, it's a bummer, but there's not much you can do. For the Gen, Rolex makes the Oysterflex bracelet in several different sizes precisely because you can only adjust it by a few millimeters. I've seen videos of people cutting one end of the strap at the deployment, then drilling a hole for the spring bar, but that's beyond my abilities, ha, ha!

It's a great looking watch, but it kind of spoils it that you can't get the bracelet in different sizes. I put an IWC Kevlar diver strap on mine and am happy with the look. As 85 genius suggested, you can also get a rep Rubber B strap (or genuine if you want to spend $250, LOL!) I found one on eBay that I think is worth a try for $30 bucks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311249600008?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=610448369461&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

mecko

Cleebeauregard is it possible to add a leatherband on the Yachti, but with endlink? Like on the Daytona Everose? Is there a Source?

Genius

Yeah, it's a bummer, but there's not much you can do. For the Gen, Rolex makes the Oysterflex bracelet in several different sizes precisely because you can only adjust it by a few millimeters. I've seen videos of people cutting one end of the strap at the deployment, then drilling a hole for the spring bar, but that's beyond my abilities, ha, ha!

It's a great looking watch, but it kind of spoils it that you can't get the bracelet in different sizes. I put an IWC Kevlar diver strap on mine and am happy with the look. As 85 genius suggested, you can also get a rep Rubber B strap (or genuine if you want to spend $250, LOL!) I found one on eBay that I think is worth a try for $30 bucks:

http://www.ebay.com/...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's the one I'd get then swap the rose gold buckle over on to that strap, then you will have a spare steel buckle that you can either use on something else or sell on to make a bit of the cost back

Cleebeauregard

http://www.ebay.com/...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's the one I'd get then swap the rose gold buckle over on to that strap, then you will have a spare steel buckle that you can either use on something else or sell on to make a bit of the cost back

That's a great point, 85genius. Hell, you could probably get 15 or 20 bucks out of the buckle, LOL.

Dupper

Im trying to pick up this watch. Which seller do you recommend? which movement? what did it end up costing you? how close is it to the Gen?

thank you!

Genius
Im trying to pick up this watch. Which seller do you recommend? which movement? what did it end up costing you? how close is it to the Gen?

thank you!

Have a look on M2M there's one up for sale

Dupper

thank you!

Have a look on M2M there's one up for sale

Thanks for the heads up! I messaged him yesterday and anxiously waiting for a response :-)

Cleebeauregard

Agreed-- UmpaHimself recently posted one for $230, which is a great deal. It's the best version out at the moment-- it has the correct oysterflex bracelet, and more importantly, IMO, the bezel is much better than some of the earliest reps-- it has the correct, matte background with raised, glossy indices. Some of the earliest versions had a weird, "greasy" look on the bezel. The movement is the 28.8 BPH Asian ETA clone, which is pretty bulletproof. If you want one of these, this is a great opportunity to get one at a great price and in lightning speed.

Dupper

Agreed-- UmpaHimself recently posted one for $230, which is a great deal. It's the best version out at the moment-- it has the correct oysterflex bracelet, and more importantly, IMO, the bezel is much better than some of the earliest reps-- it has the correct, matte background with raised, glossy indices. Some of the earliest versions had a weird, "greasy" look on the bezel. The movement is the 28.8 BPH Asian ETA clone, which is pretty bulletproof. If you want one of these, this is a great opportunity to get one at a great price and in lightning speed.

WOO HOO! got it! its for my dad but now I kinda want one for myself :-p

Now I have to figure out how to shorten the strap. I think I'm going to try the "cut the strap and drill a new hole" thing.

Genius

Now I have to figure out how to shorten the strap. I think I'm going to try the "cut the strap and drill a new hole" thing.

May as well have a go, if it doesn't work then worst case yo have to buy a replacement that is adjustable, which you would have had to do anyway. So long as you are competent enough not to drill through your fingers its probably worth a try

Dupper

May as well have a go, if it doesn't work then worst case yo have to buy a replacement that is adjustable, which you would have had to do anyway. So long as you are competent enough not to drill through your fingers its probably worth a try

Thanks! are there any after market straps yet or am i really going to have to spend 300.00 on a rolex rubber strap?

ill try the drill thing once it arrives and keep everyone posted

Edited by Dupper

Genius

Thanks! are there any after market straps yet or am i really going to have to spend 300.00 on a rolex rubber strap?

Yeah check the eBay link further up in this thread $30 with a rep oysterlock clasp

Dupper

Hey guys,

My watch arrived and it doesn't seem to be working

Before I hassle the seller, i just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I danced around with it for a few minutes and still nothing. Is there anything I'm supposed to do to get this watch started?

Thank you!

mecko

give her a shake.

what happend after pulling the crown?

which movent is in?

trailboss99

I'm going to put mine on black lizard with the deployant.

Dupper
give her a shake.

which movent is in?

Turns out it's broken :-( thanks for the advise. Have any of you had problems with the everose yacht?

And yes! If I can't get the strap adjusted, I'm going to buy a nice lizard strap! I think Itl looks cool. I'm assuming a standard 20mm will fit. Itl look vintage classy

Edited by Dupper

trailboss99

Yeah a 20mm will fit. Lizard is the only other thing I could think of that will look "right" on this watch. I'd still rather have it on rubber as the designer intended but that isn't to be.

mecko
give her a shake.

which movent is in?

Turns out it's broken :-( thanks for the advise. Have any of you had problems with the everose yacht?

And yes! If I can't get the strap adjusted, I'm going to buy a nice lizard strap! I think Itl looks cool. I'm assuming a standard 20mm will fit. Itl look vintage classy

You have to buy a lizard strap with curved ends. Looks way better. And if u try to install you Yachti-Clasp you need this nipples on your strap. Ithink a Daytona rosé clasp is better,

because you can adjust the strap. If you use your Yachti clasp, you need a perfect sizing Strap. So u need to measure your wrist.

I am trying to find some rosé endlinks for everose Yachti. There is on guy in China who produce them

Cleebeauregard

I'm really liking the idea of the lizard strap... I hope some pictures will follow trailboss99!

The Yachtmaster clasp technically IS adjustable-- there are 3 different slots inside the clasp that give you a whopping 7mm of adjustment, lol.

IMG_1887_zpsvnpvjhrj.jpg

trailboss99

Yep and if you ensure the strap is sized correctly 7mm is heaps to allow for summer/winter differences.

Photos will follow but its hardly project #1 on the list so don't get too excited. I also need to find someone who can make what's needed in lizard.

Dupper

Nice!! Well keep us posted.

michel7752

Perfect Clones sells a replacement "Special short Asian size" Oysterflex band (71mm/62mm) which includes the clasp.

mecko

Perfect Clones sells a replacement "Special short Asian size" Oysterflex band (71mm/62mm) which includes the clasp.

michel7752 how much is it? Thanks for the Info