Kwt

Latest JF Factory Basel 2016 Yachtmaster Grey Dial Blue Hands! Mini review but PIC heavy.

Kwt

Guys,

After waiting patiently for someone to post some feedback on someone who might have bought this watch and seeing no one had, I thought sod it I am gonna smash this one.

It was one of the few Rolex releases that really got my attention when they were announced.

I bought it from Sead the TD over at RWI who seems to be the only guy now I want to buy from. Pleasure to deal with and watch came in less then a week. I won't lie, it wasn't cheap. In fact outside of a TC Sub, it is easily the most I have ever spent. You think should I really be spending this much considering I have a Noob V6 Hulk which is a watch I really enjoy watching but after selling my gen GMTII to raise funds for personal stuff I figured why the hell not.

Sead said don't bother with the BP as frankly it's complete naff but said the JF was the best you can get now. All my Rolex reps in the past have been noob factory so was eager to try the JF. I have a JF 15202 and have been really impressed so this filled me with confidence too.

Ok quick thoughts:

Pros

- Really nice sunburst grey dial.

- Cool blue hand (some said it was girlie, I don't think it is! But can see the gen being popular with women)

- Nice rounded lugs, first time I ever had a Yachtmaster rep so can see how this helps case distinguishes itself from the sub and gmt case.

- Not even out yet - you wear it and unfortunately you develop the "yeah I am the first person to wear this watch" kind of syndrome.

- Really nice sweep.

- Wicked lume.

- Seems a decent "platinum" bezel. Numbers are ok.

- Decent rehaut engraving.

- Cool bezel cover freebie. And cardboard strip to keep bracelet stiff LOL.

Cons

- Date font could really be better.

- Cyclops still don't have the black hole effect of the gen.

- Bezel clicks could be a lot smoother as is the whole turning motion.

- Not very nice feeling bracelet. I have rubbed some Vaseline in all the nooks and crannies so currently gonna leave it overnight.

- Not a strong "click" when closing the clasp.

- Not a fan of the smooth engraving on the clasp but this is like the gen. Just looks cheap. I much prefer the rough sparkly effect on the subs.

Overall I am happy with the watch. Is it worth the £££ - hard to say. But as a watch for the Summer, it will surely do! Hopefully it will steal some wrist time from my HULK on Everest Strap which really has been my go to watch atm.

Enjoy the pics.

20160527_174734_zps44ubys45.jpg

20160527_174742_zps90x3bgn8.jpg

20160527_174811_zps13rx2ds9.jpg

20160527_174829_zpsf1i4gwon.jpg

20160527_175045_zpsb6a0gq5a.jpg

20160527_175145_zps6ykvq1c8.jpg

20160527_175447_zps4i2ztvov.jpg

20160527_175515_zps3vige3vb.jpg

20160527_180741_zpsjgblydkk.jpg

20160527_180809_zps8btwkubh.jpg

20160527_180826_zpscpmldgw7.jpg

20160527_180917_zpsyt0fyiou.jpg

20160527_181013_zps4i2n9mny.jpg

watchgeek615

While I would prefer an older generation Yachtmaster, it's nice to see Rolex doing something different. Simple, small changes – but great enough to change the look. Quite refreshing. Nice pics, especially that lume shot. Congrats on your new acquisition.

GC
6A540937-79B3-482D-9E63-1E2E0EC8B26C_zpskv7tafjr.gif

Mulishaflawda

I may need to get me one of these holy cow great looking piece

sogeha

I looked at the first two pictures and thought "damn, where are my reading glasses", then I managed to see that it had the bezel protector on

Other than than I am really liking the blue seconds and text. Thanks for the pictures.

Abe Fromen

Very nice indeed! I love the blue dialed YM but I can't bring myself to buy one. The polished center links are just too blingy .... gorgeous but too blingy for me.

Kwt
While I would prefer an older generation Yachtmaster, it's nice to see Rolex doing something different. Simple, small changes – but great enough to change the look. Quite refreshing. Nice pics, especially that lume shot. Congrats on your new acquisition.

I like the old yachtmasters as well but agree that Rolex really seem to have changed things up a lot with this model. The Rolex of last year with the rubber strap and then the blue face one as well.

Thanks I thought the pics came out alright with a phone camera!

Kwt
Very nice indeed! I love the blue dialed YM but I can't bring myself to buy one. The polished center links are just too blingy .... gorgeous but too blingy for me.

I agree it's very blingy but then the YM's have always been a posh sub. But the PCL suit this watch more because of the plat bezel instead of say the GMT or Daytona where then it looks out of place.

insert-here

Oooohhhh, me like! So is the cost a secret?

Kwt

I have bought from Sead a few times so he gave a price cheaper then from the one on the Toro website.

Edited by Kwt

Jasonbaylee

Gorgeous watch for the discerning ones!

More than 1 road to Rome...

GhostInTheFog

Looks cool man, enjoy!

k3rm87

Gorgeous watch.. I think worth the $$! Wear in good health.

carter23

Lovely watch. The blue hand makes it !

theneocubest

Just ordered one from an unknown factory on Trusty Time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porschespeedster

looks nice man, as you say its sort of the 'posh sub' but sometimes you gotta rock something different. cheers.

T__H

Damn! These photos makes me think about to buy one of these yachtmasters... Love the Combo of the grey dial and the blue hand! Wear it in good health!

Khronos

What size is your wrist? I love the watch, but I'm afraid it may look like a girl's watch on my 18 cm wrist..

The color combo with those blue hands is amazing.

Wear it in good health!

Gazzla

Ooooh, that's very nice. Loving the dial/second hand combo. :D

Stuvetjee

Lovely watch! Still on the fence about this one... Why the F cant they use the proper coronet print on the dial...

BP Rep:

yacht-master-116622-2016-bp-new-version-gray-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2824.jpg

GEN:

m116622-0003.jpg

Kwt
What size is your wrist? I love the watch, but I'm afraid it may look like a girl's watch on my 18 cm wrist..

The color combo with those blue hands is amazing.

Wear it in good health!

My wrist is less then 6.5" and it fits good. Even tho it has the 6 digit reference model number it's case and lug size aren't bigger then a sub or GMT so I think it might be too small on your wrist man.

Kwt
Lovely watch! Still on the fence about this one... Why the F cant they use the proper coronet print on the dial...

BP Rep:

GEN:

m116622-0003.jpg

I think the BP rep has a lot of flaws dude. This JF one has some too but generally it's pretty decent attempt.

Stuvetjee

BP Rep:

GEN:

m116622-0003.jpg

I think the BP rep has a lot of flaws dude. This JF one has some too but generally it's pretty decent attempt.

Yes i know mate, there are always some things wrong :P

Sent from my Clasp using Diverextension

Dr_Rolex

isnt trusty's BP factory?

post picks man, im eyeing his as well let me know how it turns out :)

theneocubest

isnt trusty's BP factory?

post picks man, im eyeing his as well let me know how it turns out :)

Well if you read the thread I started you will see that I have received two now, both DOA. I guess I have had bad luck because I know Andrew is a good TD.