WatchaholicMallorca

Rolex Submariner Hulk v7 Review

WatchaholicMallorca

So at the start of the week I received my new Rolex Submariner v7, I went for the hulk as I'm not really a fan of watches with black dials. I also received a Rolex Platona which has already been reviewed on here by Godfathar.

So unfortunately I have never held any of the previous version of this so if you are looking for a side by side comparrison then you will be dissapointed, however if you are looking for a honest review with mediocre Iphone pics then I'm your man.

I paid 358$ from Toro, ordered it on Friday night and Toro had sent it to me by Monday, unfortunately later that day toro announced that the V7 now comes with a rep RubberB strap which they value at 89$, mine did not include the strap... So I sent him an email and he did promise to include the strap for free in my next order. (Already got me thinking about my next order, clever f*cker)

The watch is the best rep I've ever held, the only comparison would be my JF 15400, only this feels more gen-like for some reason. The way the dial reacts to light is class, at some points it even looks black. The bracelet is solid, clasp is perfect and the glide lock works perfectly, lume is also very strong but am yet to take a picture of that so I'll update the post later

Here are the details from Toros page:

V7 compare V6S Updated: Used GEN 2016 latest SUB as sample now . The big update is GREEN one had more accurate light GREEN ceramic bezel now .

1. Update correct color of GREEN ceramic bezel , light green and more bright .

2. More accurate platinum coating on the bezel font , and bezel pear had steel ring circle as 2016 latest SUB gen one .

3. More accurate brighter rehaut with more accurate engravings ,ecactly same finishing as gen now .

4. Rounded sapphire crystal edge , same match 2016 latest GEN ROLEX .

5. New dials with the long ‘ft’ , exactly same as 2016 latest GEN one .

6. An updated bracelet with black ceramic spring balls, same as the latest 2016 gen SUB as sample .

7. Updated new Polished buckle , same as the latest 2016 SUB gen one .

CASE: Stainless steel case

MOVEMENT: Asian Clone 3135 or Asain ETA 2836 Automatic Movement

DIMENSIONS: 41mm x 13mm

CRYSTAL: Sapphire

STRAP / BRACELET: Stainless steel bracelet

The changes from the v6s are probably minimal so if you own one then there would be no point upgrading, it seems Noob have adopted the Iphone release strategy where they release 2 a year with tiny changes. But regardless I'd say this watch is as close to gen as you are likely to get without going Franken. That is of course until the v7s comes out by the time I finish writing this review :giggle:

I haven't really taken this off since it has arrived so here are a few shots for the moment, I'll add some close ups when I'm back at home.

BCE735A5-36A9-4D0F-A8E8-B8A21D4DC6FE_zpssjitavy3.jpg

276C2E73-9CC0-4EBA-85EF-23609D9C3D85_zpslm8w7ulk.jpg

C415116D-E3F5-497C-83FD-69778F236B40_zpsa4rnau3b.jpg

adaptive

I've had 2 different hulks.

Some random Noob vX and a V6s.

The V6s was basicly DOA so I got rid of it.

However, I still love the hulk, and it seems the bezel's markings are better on this than the V6S.

Perhaps if one appears on M2M I'll snatch it.

Moondustesp

Good review. Love my regmariner Hulk not sure if I should upgrade to one of these or not. Lovely watch enjoy

WatchaholicMallorca

It's become my go to daily beater, beach, poolside, dog walk, I go for the hulk every time, would love to test the waterproofing on this bad boy, mounted it on a rubberB earlier to get a different look, looked ok but not my style.

B03442CC-83DC-47D2-8076-7742E7DBADF0_zpszyqllq5h.jpg

34BC9EAA-F4CE-4C60-8C6D-EEE19A47FC0F_zpsvao9v3ft.jpg

Lagger

Definitely bracelet!

I'm getting my mitts on one of these to try out off member Rolie, don't know if I can live with the green yet!

WatchaholicMallorca

Agreed, had to go straight back on the bracelet, at first I was hesitant to the green, but wouldn't go any other color now, black is a bit too comon IMO, maybe a bluesy if you go for the TT!

Lagger

If it wasn't for the polished mid links, blue would definitely be my choice

WatchaholicMallorca

I think the smurf is all brushed, but the TT has the polished links, I've had this for just over a week and already have a few mystery swirls on the bracelet, hence why I tried the rubber, unfortunately it just doesn't do it for me.

adaptive

I think the smurf is all brushed, but the TT has the polished links, I've had this for just over a week and already have a few mystery swirls on the bracelet, hence why I tried the rubber, unfortunately it just doesn't do it for me.

The smurf has polished midlinks in whitegold, I think that its price differs so much from the other submariners

Monkey_Business

I was sorta hoping they'd fixed the dial by now. The only difference between my V6s and the gen, is the printing on the dial. (Some spacings, only)

Congrats on your new watch!

Love the hulk - Are you based in Mallorca, or does your nickname lie? :)

adaptive

I bought one now again xD

SamsonAusKognito

Looks great on the rubber strap, never seen it this way before.

WatchaholicMallorca

I was sorta hoping they'd fixed the dial by now. The only difference between my V6s and the gen, is the printing on the dial. (Some spacings, only)

Congrats on your new watch!

Love the hulk - Are you based in Mallorca, or does your nickname lie? :)

Yeah I'm not sure but I think the spacing on the 300m is wrong.

Yes I am based in Mallorca, most of the wristies I upload here have the med in the background :giggle:

Monkey_Business

Thats cool.

Was just in the Cala Banyalbafar, and took this:

802c80dbe41d6a6787256fdd6f4bfb31.jpg

The Med is brutal :)

Anyway, how do you go about traveling by plane? I thought customs in Spain are up-their-ass on replicas?

WatchaholicMallorca

Class photo,

Lived here 17 years and have never been to Banyalbufar, crazy right?

Travelling is usually easy, I have an LV travelcase that I take them in my hand luggage, never had an issue on the Spanish front. Got some trouble in Dubai though, luckily enough they let me through after I told them my job :giggle:

acid_pixel

Do u guys think the hulk will look good in a black rubber b strap instead of a green one?

WatchaholicMallorca

Do u guys think the hulk will look good in a black rubber b strap instead of a green one?

I uploaded a few pic pictures in this thread... can't you see them?

Looks ok but not my style.

Noobv10
On 8/16/2016 at 05:48, WatchaholicMallorca said:

Class photo,

Lived here 17 years and have never been to Banyalbufar, crazy right?

Travelling is usually easy, I have an LV travelcase that I take them in my hand luggage, never had an issue on the Spanish front. Got some trouble in Dubai though, luckily enough they let me through after I told them my job :giggle:

Well what’s your job

Monkey_Business
On 19.2.2018 at 05:32, Noobv10 said:

Well what’s your job

Probably some sort of hitman. 

WatchaholicMallorca
1 hour ago, 4pekatt said:

Probably some sort of hitman. 

That’s exactly it, just got my Omega speedmaster back from the modder, he’s replaced the shitty rep movement with a handgrenade!