Sign in to follow this  
k3vinjam3s

wrong pam 177?

k3vinjam3s

I've just received this watch

http://www.kuvarsitwatch.co/panerai/luminor-base/kw-project-panerai-pam-177-j-series-special-only-20-pieces./

But after getting it in sure it's not the same watcha as I've receved. This is the watch I've been sent

IMG_20160817_154146_zpsbg72r3bd.jpg

I see the seconds hand is different from listing and qc pics I was sent. How do I know if the watch I was sent is the same standard as the watch that is listed on the website?

carter23

Looks the same to me.

Rolexwatchman

Look like same watch...

FuzzyCoyote

To be fair, I am with you a little bit on this one. The watch is the same, as in its a 177 for sure.

But yes, the second hand is different to what is shown on the website page. The surround / outer edge is black on the one you have and white on the one on the website.

What colour was shown on the QC pics?

k3vinjam3s

[Pic removed]

This is the qc. Pic. Annoyed it's not the same watch But not fussed with different seconds hand as long as it's the same quality as the $188 watch advertised. Took this up with seller but they are saying it's the same watch and wanting me to pay postage back.

Edited by Del
Posting of QC pics is not allowed.

Wriggles

The angle of a photo can affect lighting and colouring, check carefully that the one you have doesn't match the one in the QC. If you are certain and have photos that can show this, then raise it with the mods.

Any dealer sending a watch different than the one in QC is an issue which requires investigation by the mods. It's one of the primary purposes of this forum and the reason for the existence of a TD list.

g.man

That's clearly not the same watch. If you're bothered then maybe pm a moderator about it.

Rolexwatchman

Better light? If you are worried take with mod. I wouldn't accept paying shipping back lol..

Rolexwatchman

Should def contact mod... If its different watch sent out vs QC, kuvarsit is in trouble

FuzzyCoyote

Like I said, I'm with you on that one. The seconds hand is definitely different than the one on the site and in the QC Pic (Not sure if you are meant to post QC pics though)....

Would be a question for the mods I think - sending a watch different from the QC pic (if that is what has happened is a massive no no)

deju

Contact a mod, looks like a different Factory to me.

Lume in your picture is way too green, wrong second hand.

Website photos of Lume almost match the font colour.

My K series Lume which noob 177 dials are near in distinguishable from:

2e9a35945d2ecd9c68b9f486d7ce06b9.jpg

Rolexwatchman

Maybe remove photo first is better until any further info

gavmeister

Hi k3vinjam3s

I have purchased around 30 watches all from Amanda at Kuvarsit, All came with QC's and all arrived safely. One or two niggles but always got the right watch. Amanda always sorted out the niggles to make me 100% happy. If you have been sent the wrong watch I'm sure she will sort it for you. Before talking to the Mods, have you let her know? It could be a simple mix up of watches....

EDIT: I see you have spoken to them. I'm sure it will get sorted.

FuzzyCoyote

Maybe remove photo first is better until any further info

I'd go with this too.

Keep us in the loop though

k3vinjam3s

I'm sure it's a different watch. I don't see how the light could change the colour of a hand from black to white. I would pay the postage back but because it needs to be labelled for postage as a repair and value of $18 I'm not willing to risk it if the watch is the same quality as one listed on site. There's also a couple of scratches on the case and it doesn't seem to be holding much charge after winding.

Rolexwatchman
I'm sure it's a different watch. I don't see how the light could change the colour of a hand from black to white. I would pay the postage back but because it needs to be labelled for postage as a repair and value of $18 I'm not willing to risk it if the watch is the same quality as one listed on site. There's also a couple of scratches on the case and it doesn't seem to be holding much charge after winding.

No I wouldn't too, Kvarsit def rip you off on this one if the watch is different than qc and you gotta pay for their mistake.

But can YOU take a pic or not? If you're ok, sure but needs to be corrected as it will help other buyers

k3vinjam3s

Ok pics removed by a mod, thank u. I've been in touch with kuvarsit before coming here and they say it's same watch. Im annoyed watch is different but if the build is the same quality I'm willing to keep watch and move on. Although as it's not keeping much charge after winding I'm unsure it's worthwhile keeping in case of future problems. Here is a pic of the movement

IMG_20160817_154223_zpsmmpeyo2z.jpg

FuzzyCoyote

If Amanda (are you speaking to her?) is saying its the same watch as QC then I am afraid this is a problem.. That is not the same watch as QC... no way in hell...

BadPickle

the small secs should be white on the 177, same as the stock pic. its not the same watch.

Rolexwatchman

No way in hell should you ever accept this if it's different buts its your watch and your problem.

Seems like you're fine anyhow, good for you.

Rolexwatchman

As for movement and power reserve, maybe let it wear in couple days?

Member X

A good 6497 should be able to get something like 50-56 hours out of a full wind, in my experience.

If it's got poor power reserve, the seconds hand is wrong, and (to me) the dial font is also wrong, it needs changing IMO.

FuzzyCoyote

A good 6497 should be able to get something like 50-56 hours out of a full wind, in my experience.

If it's got poor power reserve, the seconds hand is wrong, and (to me) the dial font is also wrong, it needs changing IMO.

Yeah mine usually ticks away for a couple of days on a full wind...

Biggest thing for me in this instance is that the watch is different from the QC pics...

BadPickle

As for movement and power reserve, maybe let it wear in couple days?

:lmao: what utter twaddle, you fit right in here with all the other "advice" idiots

:wtf:

5 times you've posted in this thread, not a single word worth reading..........

Rolexwatchman

You're in the club...