Sign in to follow this  
Thelittleprince

3 Watch Collection Game!!!!

Thelittleprince

Thought id pass Hurricane Matthew, by playing a little game with you guys! I've been thinking about this for a while and its actually a really hard question!!!

Here we go, if you could only have 3 watches in your collection what would they be and why.

Rules:

1.You have to give a reason why you choose the watches, doesn't have to be a big reason, but state one anyway.

2. Obviously you can only choose 3 watches

3.Keep in mind that this question is if you could only have 3 watches in your collection so choose wisely

4.Finally once you pick 3 you can't change your mind after, reason why this rule is important because its what drove me crazy thinking about it.

The first watch i went with is a Vintage Datejust 1601 or 1603. My reason for choosing this watch is, one it is a timeless design and two my love for vintage watches will never fade, and three obviously keeping it simple because my choices have to fit almost every attire i wear!

20161004_134209_zpslcvwl13r.png

Second watch would have to be a 39 mm Ap Royal oak 15202, we can always argue about the 15400 wearing too big or the 15450 wear too small, but i think we can all agree the Jumbo is one of the most beautiful and perfectly sized royal oak out there!! Also could be dressed up and down.

285123907_ad9fb29e0468_zpsm7e83efu.jpg

And finally call me crazy for calling this one my daily beater, Rolex Gmt 6542. My reason is simple..... as watch lovers we love to use the functions of our watches, even with technology the function of a dual timezone is still extremely fun, my second reason is this watch is probably the most beautiful vintage Gmt i have ever seen in my life, and my favourite watch of all time!!!

RXGMT6542GILT-03_zpskoitahup.jpg

Not being mean but hope this question drives you guys crazy like it did for me hahaha

carter23

I go off the theory that there is a must of 3 watches.. A dress watch, A Dive/Sport watch and an everyday watch.

So based off that I would grab a part of my current collection.

1 - Rolex Daydate in Yellow Gold (dress watch)

2 - Audemar Royal Oak Offshore, any one of these really (Dive/Sports watch)

3 - IWC 3777/3717 (everyday watch)

Thelittleprince
I go off the theory that there is a must of 3 watches.. A dress watch, A Dive/Sport watch and an everyday watch.

So based off that I would grab a part of my current collection.

1 - Rolex Daydate in Yellow Gold (dress watch)

2 - Audemar Royal Oak Offshore, any one of these really (Dive/Sports watch)

3 - IWC 3777/3717 (everyday watch)

Great Choice!!! Any specific dail and size on the daydate?

gavmeister

Pictures of said watches people!!! ;)

carter23

Great Choice!!! Any specific dail and size on the daydate?

most likely 36mm

RUSH2112

No pics but....

Rolex no date sub, I find the symmetry, styling, and size to be the "ultimate" design.

Seiko astron, love the technology and worry free, grab and go design.

Something dressy, maybe an AP.

Thelittleprince
No pics but....

Rolex no date sub, I find the symmetry, styling, and size to be the "ultimate" design.

Seiko astron, love the technology and worry free, grab and go design.

Something dressy, maybe an AP.

I completely agree about the no date!!!

porschespeedster

IMG_4274_zps8e2cfbd7.jpg

7922.jpg

2078.jpg

These three will do.

I almost went for the Patek in gold, but i figure I can sell the SS one when I'm old enough to rock gold with the required gravitas.

Edited by porschespeedster

childishthing

I love these! Here's my 3

1. Daily beater

s-l1600.jpg

2. LOOK AT ME, I'M SEW FAHNCEE (I'd actually prefer romans, but I couldn't find a pic I liked)

f3644f45eea032397a908611b213b952.jpg

3. This gray dial and second hand has me like UUHHHHHH... :P

Rolex-Yacht-Master-steel-2016.jpg

gavmeister

20161007_105359_zpsfxrudax8.jpg

20161007_104814_zpskwxi1ndk.jpg

20161007_105155_zpskwfhybla.jpg

Marcoman

3 is too restrictive for me as I like options so instead gonna stick with 3 categories and give my 2 rotators within the category from my current collection of gens and one rep (Breitling)

office/formal - tissot prc200 chrono auto or seiko kinetic

Casual - tag aquaracer Quartz chrono or Breitling avenger skyland blacksteel

Hacking around - g shock mud man or seiko 5 diver

But if you were to push me, of the above my top three are obviously the tissot, tag and Breitling!

Thelittleprince
3 is too restrictive for me as I like options so instead gonna stick with 3 categories and give my 2 rotators within the category from my current collection of gens and one rep (Breitling)

office/formal - tissot prc200 chrono auto or seiko kinetic

Casual - tag aquaracer Quartz chrono or Breitling avenger skyland blacksteel

Hacking around - g shock mud man or seiko 5 diver

But if you were to push me, of the above my top three are obviously the tissot, tag and Breitling!

Great choice! Yea it is really restricting but thats the point of the game, actually took me 3 days to think of my choice lol

greg_r

Silly question. If I could be happy with just three watches, they'd all be gen and this forum wouldn't be here.... ;)

RichardMiami

When you make this a 30 watch collection game, give me a call..

:P

greg_r

When you make this a 30 watch collection game, give me a call..

:P

^^^ this

James.

Patek 3700 for sports and vintage

Philippe dufour simplicity for dress/work

AP ROO tourbillon in SS for casual/complication

I edited choice 2 from Roger smith series 2 in platinum because you're not Jesus

Simms

Thanks for this, I fried the tiny amount of brain that I had left trying to come up with just three...now I just have a headache and to fuck with your list!

Thelittleprince
Silly question. If I could be happy with just three watches, they'd all be gen and this forum wouldn't be here.... ;)

Thats why its a game! Not asking you to only collect 3, its if you could only have 3 what would it be and why ;)

Thelittleprince
Thanks for this, I fried the tiny amount of brain that I had left trying to come up with just three...now I just have a headache and to fuck with your list!

This question will haunt you for dayssssss hahaha

greg_r

Thats why its a game! Not asking you to only collect 3, its if you could only have 3 what would it be and why ;)

Still a bloody silly question. I CAN have more than three and I damn well WILL have more than three. You could ask me to pick three from my collection on six separate occasions and you'd get six completely different answers. As for why, well, BECAUSE!!!! :lol:

Genius

Right away i had 3 in my head...

2 tone datejust

Tudor heritage Chrono

AP FC Diver

But then I went to my photobucket to find the pictures and started thining I need a sub, and what about my speedy and I have to have at least one G shock... and a seiko... and a Pam... Could maybe get it down to 10 at a push but still doesn't feel like enough

Thelittleprince

Still a bloody silly question. I CAN have more than three and I damn well WILL have more than three. :lol:

Hahahahaha frustrating question isn't it :P

greg_r

Still a bloody silly question. I CAN have more than three and I damn well WILL have more than three. :lol:

Not even slightly. Pointless, yes.... ;)

Thelittleprince

That's your opinion;)

Not even slightly. Pointless, yes.... ;)

Thelittleprince
Right away i had 3 in my head...

Exactly what happened to me when i was thinking!! Thats why it took me almost 3 days to choose lol

2 tone datejust

Tudor heritage Chrono

AP FC Diver

But then I went to my photobucket to find the pictures and started thining I need a sub, and what about my speedy and I have to have at least one G shock... and a seiko... and a Pam... Could maybe get it down to 10 at a push but still doesn't feel like enough