Sign in to follow this  
nivenj

M2M posts

nivenj

Joined recently and been going through some of the M2M threads, past and present.

Im curious as to why some people, who clearly have no interest in buying, pipe in with, "this looks wrong", "that looks off center"?

Surely these things are subjective a lot of the time and photos can be terribly misrepresentd due to angle, perspective, color saturation of digital photo and or screen being viewed with.

Pointng out little things can spoil it for both the seller and buyer imho.

Just my 2c

greg_r

Why is this in the RWI clubroom? Moved to General

p-ro

In general, people don't want M2M to be a used-car salesman type of place where members try and trick each other into buying substandard watches

It's best if the watch is presented clearly, including mentioning flaws that might not be obvious, so people can make an informed decision which minimises the chance that the buyer will be annoyed when the watch finally arrives. Those members are just looking out for potential buyers

RUSH2112

Ahhhh, another new member who knows how to improve this place after 1 day.

stevok2305

:giggle:

nivenj
Why is this in the RWI clubroom? Moved to General

Fat fingers. Sorry, was meant to be general. Will be more careful.

nivenj

:-)

Ahhh another veteran who doesnt like people to ask questions. No worries. I'll keep quiet from now on less i inflame your sensibilities.

nivenj
In general, people don't want M2M to be a used-car salesman type of place where members try and trick each other into buying substandard watches

It's best if the watch is presented clearly, including mentioning flaws that might not be obvious, so people can make an informed decision which minimises the chance that the buyer will be annoyed when the watch finally arrives. Those members are just looking out for potential buyers

Ahh.. A reasoned response. Thanks :-)

Porter21

Where is Baldrick when you need him? The grumpy old fart needs to chime in here lol

rawbaws
Joined recently and been going through some of the M2M threads, past and present.

Im curious as to why some people, who clearly have no interest in buying, pipe in with, "this looks wrong", "that looks off center"?

Surely these things are subjective a lot of the time and photos can be terribly misrepresentd due to angle, perspective, color saturation of digital photo and or screen being viewed with.

Pointng out little things can spoil it for both the seller and buyer imho.

Just my 2c

You're not trying to flog a meteorite dial invicta are you?

Nickfive

there are a lot of reasonable comments on the M2M threads that would help potential buyers out. I do agree there seems to be a fair bit of thread crapping when it's not needed though.

It's a fine line I guess. Everyone's free to have their input here though, so why not?

BadPickle

There's a lot of scullduggery in the m2m section here, past members selling things that turn out not as advertised, so the more honest members just look out for one another, if something ain't right it'll get pointed out.

I can't see how this can spoil it for the buyer, quite the opposite in fact.

Why the concern? Got something dodgy to sell :lol:

greg_r

We discourage threadcrapping in M2M, but encourage people to post any genuine concerns as pickle says above.

If things get out of hand we will sometimes clean the thread up, but that's the way we roll here.

nivenj

Lol. Exactly the opposite. Was really interested in one for sale, then started reading some of the comments and it put me off. Thing is, if it hadnt been mentioned, it wouldnt have crossed my mind.

rawbaws

Lol. Exactly the opposite. Was really interested in one for sale, then started reading some of the comments and it put me off. Thing is, if it hadnt been mentioned, it wouldnt have crossed my mind.

Consider it part of your education.

splke

and you could have bought it and not been a happy bunny ... get it now ?

Thread crapping on the other hand is annoying but just roll with it unless it is vindictive but then you will find the perpetrator will be cyber twatted !

nivenj

Ever heard of Blissful Ignorance? My point being, It wouldnt have bothered me as I wouldnt have considered it an issue.

Nickfive

Ever heard of Blissful Ignorance? My point being, It wouldnt have bothered me as I wouldnt have considered it an issue.

:facepalm: surely if your spending your own money on something, you'd want to know as much as possible about it? it's better to be told about error on a piece BEFORE you send the money, right?

splke

just read the title and pay your bucks then pal

Have fun , Enjoy your stay ttfn

Left Coast Guy

What retarded comment....just take this a step further, if there were something sketchy about the sale, say someone reselling a watch with a known problem, you'd want to know about it then right?

With all of these things there is a line, and who knows, you may just be trying to figure out where that line is; but in general, folks comment on M2M threads that raise the eyebrow for whatever reason. And frankly, more often that you'd think, smoke leads to fire and something get sniffed out.

BadPickle

The fundemantals of the rep world are-

All reps have "tells" when a comparison is made to the genuine, it's just what you're OCD will let you put up with.

Buy it- wear it- sell it on, it's no big deal really.

You seem like a decent sort, stick around and get involved with a few discussions, but don't be too quick to spit your dummy out, this lot take no prisoners.

Welcome to the forum pal :D

trailboss99

Ok guys, stop beating on da noob. It was a reasonable question.

nivenj

The fundemantals of the rep world are-

All reps have "tells" when a comparison is made to the genuine, it's just what you're OCD will let you put up with.

Buy it- wear it- sell it on, it's no big deal really.

You seem like a decent sort, stick around and get involved with a few discussions, but don't be too quick to spit your dummy out, this lot take no prisoners.

Welcome to the forum pal :D

Thanks Pickle... :D I'm old enough and ugly enough to not be bothered by kids trying to get a rise. I'll let others judge their comments :) . Im new on here, but have been around this market for a long time. I just think some people can really sweat the small stuff, and sometimes interferes with other peoples enjoyment of the hobby. But Anyway, i think Ive inflamed enough ego's for one day lol, i'll get back to buying now. See you around buddy.

markeym3

I thought the comment was ok ...

M2M sales have been interesting , some folk really want to sell there watch and submit good pictures and detailed write up , these sales generally seem to go well ... Its the cant be bothered approach that cause problems .. Dirty watches, blurred pics under a dim table light and a breif write up, I mean come on , with modern phone cameras, a clean and a bit of daylight you can produce a more than acceptable image , also including face on pics etc ..

Sometimes the sellers in the M2M sales get a warrented bashing for a crappy post , and the more senior members i think most of the time point out these faults to help new buyers ...

Cheers

JSJ

I tend to read M2M sales if I like the watch. I may already have one but in a different colour, etc, or I may know enough about the reps to be able to comment usefully for some newer members. Not always negatively I may say. Sometimes I'll support the seller if a criticism seems wrong.

For example, I have quite a lot of IWC reps. I know how much they are, what the potential issues are, what bothers me when I own one, what trouble I've had, what I've fixed and etc etc. I won't post all of these in an M2M listing of course but if someone asks I might post.

What really pisses me off is when someone is obviously profiteering. Then I will post, hopefully in a reasonable way, that the price is a bit high. If they get arsey, other members will usually chime in and that kills the thread. To me, that's the forum looking after its newer members, which I was once.