Sign in to follow this  
childishthing

To Chrono or not to Chrono?

childishthing

So I my mind was made up to get the PO LM Ti ('tis sexy as hell), when I stumbled upon some rather vulger appealing photos of the Chronograph version which is equally sexy as hell. Now I have buyers block.

So I could get the regular one with an ETA 2824 for about $360 from Josh... or for just $30 more, I could get the chrono version with A7750.

The problem is that I like both and can't decide. I am not going to buy both... at least not yet. I have too many other watches on my wish list, so I need help picking one.

Your subjective opinions are of course what I'm looking for... but if you have logical pros & cons (movement diffs, which is repped better, etc.), that'd make my decision even easier.

W01107_8.jpg

omega_watches_seamaster_planet_ocean_oceanictime.jpg

fatarms

Not a fan of many Omega watches, but always found that the non-chrono models just looked so much cleaner on the Omega dials. I think it's the width and size of the hour and minute hands, they tend to be larger on Omega watches and kinda steal the spotlight from the subdials. I think chrono watches should have thinner hour and minute hands to allow the subdials to be more on display. Just my opinion.

RepGuy

I own the non chrono version, and much prefer it to the alternative. Most of my reps don't feature any chronos or additional complications... the less complications, the less chance something can break or go wrong

Robio

I would say the non-chrono version just looks more, Arrgh!, if you know what i mean. Which i think is a good thing for that type of watch.. Now if the complications on the chrono function, that could be inviting as well... If i'm picking one, its the non-chrono first, because of the other pieces I already have.

Just my 1.5cent

Rob......

Genius

I really like both but would be the three hander for me the chrono is huge

BadPickle

Chrono dial is too busy for my old man eyes :lol:

SamsonAusKognito

I'd go with the Chrono it looks very sporty and masculine to me. :)

Even if I'd put more trust into the 2824 movement but I never had any issues with my A7750 either.

GenTLe

Non chrono, but remember they wear a bit small. On my 7.7in wrist the 45mm fits better than the 42 (and I have 2 42mm :facepalm: )

Monty010

I have the black Chrono. It's a real stunner. But keep in mind that it's a bit more chunkier then the non Chrono.

Walesy

I have a noob PO, non chrono, and its clean looking. I like the chrono version and considered the Gen, but the case is 20mm + thick, so its a monster.

I have never owned a rep chrono as I am wary of its reliability if I am honest. Just my opinion.

childishthing

Non chrono, but remember they wear a bit small. On my 7.7in wrist the 45mm fits better than the 42 (and I have 2 42mm :facepalm: )

I have 7" wrists and one of my mates has warned that the 45 is way too big. He also thought my DSSD was too big and I loved that watch. My 44mm Pam felt perfect as well, I just like big watches.

You guys are making this quite difficult. I really like the clean and classic look of the non-chrono as well, and it's a very smart looking watch.

I asked my wife and she thinks I should get the chronograph. She likes the overall looks better, and prefers the location of the date window better as well. She's fantastic :wub:

I have no reservations about the reliability of the A7750 movement, although it would give me pause regarding water resistance. I've never bought a rep that I couldn't shower with or take a dip in the pool (unless it was a dress watch). I wear my watches 24/7, so if I have to take it off to shower it will likely spend a lot of time in the box.

I have the black Chrono. It's a real stunner. But keep in mind that it's a bit more chunkier then the non Chrono.

@Monty010 - no issues with WR on yours? anyone else have positive waves regarding WR of the chrono?

RUSH2112

If you want an omega chrono get a speedmaster. Planet ocean looks best with clean dial.

Moondustesp
If you want an omega chrono get a speedmaster. Planet ocean looks best with clean dial.
Couldn't of said it better myself! You know what to do!

Theduke.williams

The PO 600m chrono pumpkin is my grail watch, blue one is nice though.

Does the 3 o clock chrono subdial measure hours and minutes al la Gen?

I've always thought this dial will only measure chrono minutes, the hour hand is fixed.

myaz

You guys are making this quite difficult.

Actually not, the choice is clear: non chrono.

Your wife is the one making this quite difficult. Pick your battles. Make your wife feel good. Just sayin'..... :P

I asked my wife and she thinks I should get the chronograph. She likes the overall looks better, and prefers the location of the date window better as well. She's fantastic :wub:

James.

This 1000%

childishthing

The PO 600m chrono pumpkin is my grail watch, blue one is nice though.

Does the 3 o clock chrono subdial measure hours and minutes al la Gen?

I've always thought this dial will only measure chrono minutes, the hour hand is fixed.

That's a great question, and I do not know.

You guys are making this quite difficult.

Actually not, the choice is clear: non chrono.

Your wife is the one making this quite difficult. Pick your battles. Make your wife feel good. Just sayin'..... :P

The more I look at the chronograph version, the more I'm leaning that way. I really like the looks... which actually means that either way, I'm going to end up with both watches. So I guess, it's just a matter of which one I get first. Damnit.

This 1000%

Buddy, I am with you - a Speedy Pro is already on my list.

Monty010

The subdial @3 is faux.

dalboy

Less is more.

Non Chrono.. Besides you answered your own question, wouldn't wear a chrono in the shower..

I personally wouldn't wear any rep in the shower.

Dal.

Kleen™

This 1000%

+1

If you absolutely MUST have a 'modern' Omega (which I'm not very fond of...), this is absolutely the one to get...

myaz

The more I look at the chronograph version, the more I'm leaning that way. I really like the looks... which actually means that either way, I'm going to end up with both watches. So I guess, it's just a matter of which one I get first. Damnit.

:beer2: Ah ha!! Admitting you want both, you've wanted both all along, is therapy. We knew that all along, we all suffer the same affliction. :P

The question now merely becomes, which watch will be easier to justify buying after you buy the first one?

fatarms

Less is more.

Non Chrono.. Besides you answered your own question, wouldn't wear a chrono in the shower..

Dal.

Unless you're diving and actually using a diving watch's functions, I don't understand wearing any watch, rep or gen, while swimming or in the shower for that matter.

Skyranger

Non chrono is far better!

anfalas

You could compromise between the two and go for the good planet? It's likely next on my Omega list.

Very well repped, has a bit more interest than the non-chrono but not as fussy as the chrono. Cracking watch I reckon ;)

childishthing

Less is more.

Dal.

Unless you're diving and actually using a diving watch's functions, I don't understand wearing any watch, rep or gen, while swimming or in the shower for that matter.

I've only lost one watch in my lifetime. I was bartending while in my early 20's and my final task of the shift was to wash glasses. I always took my watch off to do this even though it had 200M WR. Well, I forgot to put it back on and clocked out and went home. I ended up buying the same watch over again, and ever since then I don't take my watch off unless to put it back in it's box or in my valet. It's just the habit I'm used to, and it hasn't ever bit me.

Edit: Also, I've decided on what to do. I'm getting a genuine chrono, I'm just a couple grand short at the moment.