epalanb

My watch was seized by customs. Now what?

epalanb

It seems as though I am quite unlucky.

Yesterday my DHL waybill said that my package was to be delivered by the end of the day today (Friday). Of course I was looking forward to it all day long. Fast forward to the end of the day (today... Just a few minutes ago) as I am getting ready to go home still no package so I again look up the DHL waybill. Now the most current entry says to call DHL.

Of course, I call DHL and the Cust rep says unfortunately my package has been seized by customs and I should call them at (xxx) xxx-xxxx. I ask if they are still there and she says "no they are a government agency and thus have government hours 8-5. Give them a call on monday. She says I'm very sorry but unfortunately this can sometimes take a long time to sort out.

So now what?

Have others had this happen to them? If so, and I am assuming the answer is yes, what do I say when I call? What kind of questions are they likely to ask and how do I answer?

Help Please!

btw, I did send an e-mail to my TD, but as it is still pretty early saturday am in china I am not particularly surprised that as of now she has not gotten back to me.

Thanks all

doodoowah57

I feel for you buddy.

As with other members, I am always in fear of purchases being confiscated by customs. And when this happens, they will most likely have your name and address tagged for possible future illicit purchases. I was going to pose this question prior to seeing your post, "What does one do if in fact your name and address has been red-flagged?"

I hope your TD will supply you with a replacement though it is no fault of theirs' or yours ... does your TD specify terms when confiscation happens ???

Where are you located ???

MDK

Not a lot you can do I am afraid, probably best not to respond further and just let it go.

What are you going to say to importing an illegal item?

DHL is a bad shipping idea, a lot of people have issues

Thelittleprince

So sorry to hear that man! Best thing to do is to contact your TD first and ho from there

epalanb

well, I am not the one that suggested DHL. TD was. Anyway, I am in USA. I guess we shall see what TD says

Thelittleprince

Check your TD'S policy about customs seizure

Dhl is awesome for me, EMS sucks.

My TD sent out my watches Wednesday and it got here today! I guess it depends where you are

MDK

well, I am not the one that suggested DHL. TD was. Anyway, I am in USA. I guess we shall see what TD says

Nobody suggested you had, here in the UK I have had more parcels stopped when using DHL than anything else.

Wait for your TD to respond, most have a seizure policy and will reship

shinjun

You r unlucky, been in the rep game for 2 years and ordered more than 20 watches without any issues (France). I guess you should deny you ordered anything and you don't know what it is.

mysterio

Before doing anything, wait for TD's advice. And don't expect a reply from them soon. It's a weekend, and most if not all TDs, have minimal staff working on these days.

Bomber A

I would let it go, and hopefully TD will sort out.

Brings me to another question for the future.... would it be better in general to use another name for these purchases? Same address but different false name in case this happens.... that way you can say, hey that's not me.

Thelittleprince
I would let it go, and hopefully TD will sort out.

Brings me to another question for the future.... would it be better in general to use another name for these purchases? Same address but different false name in case this happens.... that way you can say, hey that's not me.

Or maybe hey thats not him so lets send it back.

epalanb
Before doing anything, wait for TD's advice. And don't expect a reply from them soon. It's a weekend, and most if not all TDs, have minimal staff working on these days.

I'm pretty confident that i will end up revealing the TD's name and it will be with a big endorsement of that TD.

She "and that is a hint" already responded to my e-mail saying not to worry and one way or another she will make it right.

I don't feel good about the whole thing, but i can assure you that i feel better knowing that i am dealing with someone that is responsive and is already telling me that she will fix things.

I will update as this progresses.

Btw,

I would love to hear from anyone that had been through this same experience

trailboss99

Why the fuck do TDs insist on recommending DHL for shipping into the USA? :facepalm:

Do nothing, DO NOT call customs, yo will get a letter sooner or later that you aslo do not reply to, just scan it and send to your dealer. You know nothing, you never imported a watch. Shouldn't have called DHL either BTW, you didn't tell them you were expecting a watch did you?

epalanb
Why the fuck do TDs insist on recommending DHL for shipping into the USA? :facepalm:

Do nothing, DO NOT call customs, yo will get a letter sooner or later that you aslo do not reply to, just scan it and send to your dealer. You know nothing, you never imported a watch. Shouldn't have called DHL either BTW, you didn't tell them you were expecting a watch did you?

I will ask about DHL, but obviously that is on the TD, not me.

I had no idea that they were going to say that the package was siezed by customs. I thought maybe they would say i wasn't there so they couldn't deliver or something. Anyway, no, of course i didn't say anything about what it was.

Edited by epalanb

AJB2

It sounds like your TD has it in hand. From what I've read, Don't have any more contact with DHL over this.

Maybe have the replacement watch shipped to another address as I would imagine customs will be on the look out for a replacement package coming your way, although, having said that, I'm sure your TD will know the best thing to do... be guided by her.

Bad news but good luck.

shelby1501

I had similar situation two months ago. I got the letter from customs saying they need the receipt to release the watches and if I don't call them in eight days, they will return it to sender. They stopped it because my TD decided to use some new shipping method which I made sure now he never do again.

I just ignored the letter and after 2-3 weeks they returned it and I'm now waiting for him to ship it again.

If they seized the watches, I would do the same. Ignore it, provide my TD with tracking details so he can see where is thr problem and wait for him to source new watches for me (of course if your TD have that policy which most have these days).

BadPickle

Sit tight pal, let the dealer sort it, it may take some time but it'll all come good in the end. That's one of the reasons they are trusted here.

Good luck :)

Matze71

Change the threadtitle, not "your" watch was sized, ONE watch was seized ;) ;) ;)

narikaa

As above

Say nothing further to shippers (DHL etc = customs wearing a different hat)

Under NO circumstances speak / communicate with customs

Subconsciously remember this calming mantra:

"unsolicited Gift"

25051714ff5e1875-meditation.png

ps

Ive no dog in this particular fight

Daffy

Simply change your name, and move to another country.

RUSH2112

Now what? Prison.

Santaros

The reasonably smallest box and the simple airmail, preferably HK post always worked well for me, also a honest wristwatch designation and a not so honest 18 usd value on the label .

epalanb

Update on this one:

I had ordered this watch from Mary. She doesn't say a lot, but she does respond in a timely manner with all communication and handles everything like the pro she is. This situation was no different. She wound up sending another watch and it showed up yesterday. It took a hell of a long time, but I finally got it. Here is a couple pics:

33708890031_0b0aae6e2e_b.jpg

33837596925_542657a8f7_b.jpg

GenTLe

Lovely piece! And great service from Mary!!

narikaa

The reasonably smallest box and the simple airmail, preferably HK post always worked well for me, also a honest wristwatch designation and a not so honest 18 usd value on the label .

^^^^^^

+ declared as 'Gift'

But of course everyone knows better

;)