Sign in to follow this  
ShovelnTC

Broken Movement screw, dodged a bullet.

ShovelnTC

So I bought this Sub back in December but never decided if I was going to keep it so have only worn it a few times and only around the house. (Luckily)

Whilst thinking about watches today after reading yet another nitpicking post about something or another I decided I should take a minuite and really look at this watch to see if I want to keep it or not when I noticed that the dial wasn't sitting flush against the rehault.

So after a bit of a struggle I managed to get the back off and discovered that one of the movement screwheads was broken off and laying in the back with the movement tab also simply laying in the back.

So first bullet dodged as neither made their way into the moving bits.

Next I got my small tweezers and prodded around the broken screw still secured well into the movement, it wasn't moving so I started to think that this would become yet another broken watch in the drawer but with a bit more proding I final got the screw starting to rotate and after a few minutes of prodding and twisting I got the remnant broken screw out. Second bullet dodged.

So now I just have to order some screws and hopefully it will be an easy fix provided I get the right screw. :rolleyes:

Screwhead where I found it and where is should have been,

RC0n4qv.jpg?1

And here is the screw head and shaft and floating tab after removal from inside of case, thankfully none ended up where they could do any damage.

1LoWhap.jpg

splke

did well to get that out bud !

I am sure some of our tinks will have a spare screw or 2 lying around