Sign in to follow this  
wat44

Robert - the more this news sinks in

wat44

the sadder I become.

just chatting away, learning things - then just saying "thanks Robert, I'll take one" - such a different buying experience to any other

car discussions, politics....

reminiscing..... :(

Luthier

It will take long time to recover. Not only because he was a helluva character, but also because it happened so suddenly, I caught myself crying this morning, damn.

graman

You're not alone there Luth.....

Many of us have our Own stories of Robert.... A very special bloke, who touched everyone in this community by simply being himself.

I used to finish up in the shed, and jump online to say hi... Guarranteed that Robert would be in here, talking about anything, and keeping us up on what watches were coming through....

Cars, culture, history........

....... I'm going to miss him.

torobravo

A few months back I was in Thailand and wanted to meet him, he gave me his phone number and we used to talk frequently on skype. Finally I just met nembo because Robert was too busy those days. What a waste...

Mazz

I totally agree I am still in shock about it. Miss him immensely it's the end of an era.

acharria

Sadly I read all about Robert.. only good things..

I wish I had the time to know him..

My best wishes to all his friends...

gtwc

What a waste.

Even though I never knew him, he was my #1 dealer of choice.

I miss his caustic comments to stupid noob quezzies.

Don't think anyone will fill his shoes.

cobn

RIP Robert.

Never forgotten!

solkryssare

I often wish I lived my life more like he did. On the edge. taking more chances and not giving a fuck what others thought about my decisions or way of life.

He once told me he could never live his life pleasing any others than him self. At first that sounded harsh to me but later I understood what he meant. Life is, an certainly in Roberts case, too damn short not to give it 100%. Live it to the fullest, and get as much out of it as you can!

Cheers Robert! :beer2:

opus9

As I mentioned previously,

It's not the amount of time your given,it's the amount of living you do within the time your given.

and Robert lived his time well.

mulder

I had a tear in my eye today as well. Every year at this time I find someone I know passing away. I am very saddened by his passing.

greg_r

Know exactly what you mean, guys. Robert was over in the UK for a short while last year and he and I were making arrangements to get together at some point during his trip (he was planning to visit a town nearby on business). In the end, the timing just didn't work for either of us and we both said - "we'll do it next time"...

He was a good friend. I'd been buying from him since before he was on the boards (back in his iOffer days) and we hit it off right from the start. Would have loved to buy him a few beers.

Nisv

I didn't know the man as well as many of you here did.

Like so many others my first rep was from him, so it's a keeper.

+1 E, life is too short, should be lived to the fullest.

I would have loved to get to know him a little bit better.

mickey1

What a joy as one of Robert's devoted sister's to read your posts about my unforgetable brother, anyone who knew Robert has a tale to tell about him so he will always be remembered, so he may be gone but not forgotten. Only wish one of us could take his place on this site and enjoy shout as he did.

Happy New Year To You All from Robert's family.

greg_r

What a joy as one of Robert's devoted sister's to read your posts about my unforgetable brother, anyone who knew Robert has a tale to tell about him so he will always be remembered, so he may be gone but not forgotten. Only wish one of us could take his place on this site and enjoy shout as he did.

Best wishes for the New Year to you and yours too!

Mostly what I'll miss about Rob is his straight-talking and his acerbic humour. He frequently had me in fits of laughter. I'll wear his watches and think of him often :)

Dendo

Thanks Mickey1 - it is good you get on this board to realize other facets of your brother's life and how he touched so many people.

I will always remember him as an honest character, always as helpful as he could be with his busy and heavy workload.

We are all really sad for him and will miss him deeply. A true measure of how much a person you were is how much you are missed when you have passed. Memories of Robert are indelibly imprinted on all of us here.

I hope your family appreciate our sentiments and get some solace from this.

mickey1

Thanks Mickey1 - it is good you get on this board to realize other facets of your brother's life and how he touched so many people.

I will always remember him as an honest character, always as helpful as he could be with his busy and heavy workload.

We are all really sad for him and will miss him deeply. A true measure of how much a person you were is how much you are missed when you have passed. Memories of Robert are indelibly imprinted on all of us here.

I hope your family appreciate our sentiments and get some solace from this.

We appreciate all sentiments greatly, Robert would of cursed me out if he knew how long it took me to find and join this site.

mickey1

Best wishes for the New Year to you and yours too!

Mostly what I'll miss about Rob is his straight-talking and his acerbic humour. He frequently had me in fits of laughter. I'll wear his watches and think of him often :)

He was certainly very amusing - very sharp & witty and had the ability to hold a conversation about any subject/topic. My husband is the proud owner of a genuine Rolex a gift off Robert ten years ago, a watch that will remind us daily of Robert.

Corv99

Hi Mickey1

bet it is quite incredible to see on here how much of an impact your brother has had on so many people, i for one am fairly new joining in July.

but like many others here extend my heart felt condolences to you and the rest of the family, and while out tonight will be wearing one of his watches

and will raise a drink to his memory...

Edited by corv99

mickey1

Hi Mickey1

bet it is quite incredible to see on here how much of an impact your brother has had on so many people, i for one am fairly new joining in July.

but like many others here extend my heart felt condolences to you and the rest of the family, and while out tonight will be wearing one of his watches

and will raise a drink to his memory...

Seeing all the messages on here is wonderful, I am not surprise about the impact Robert had on so many people, but to see it in writing is special, have a good one tonight.

Del

Thanks for your post mickey1. May I express my deepest sympathy to you and your family at this very difficult time.

I loved dealing with Robert. You knew exactly where you stood with him and he always delivered exactly as he promised. I wish I could've met him because I know I would've liked him.

This place won't be the same without him, it really won't be.

My thoughts are with you and your family as we enter 2012.

mickey1

Thanks for your post mickey1. May I express my deepest sympathy to you and your family at this very difficult time.

I loved dealing with Robert. You knew exactly where you stood with him and he always delivered exactly as he promised. I wish I could've met him because I know I would've liked him.

This place won't be the same without him, it really won't be.

My thoughts are with you and your family as we enter 2012.

Thank you for your kind words, all the best for 2012

pollux1

I used to love how some people got short shrift from him, he wasn't being rude, just brutally honest. Whilst some of those could live and learn for the next time others couldn't grasp him, more fool them. Every time I watch SFA's video I get a chuckle :D

Mystery Shopper

The last time I spoke to Robert was in the shout box. I commented on how one of his posts had given me a laugh and he replied, 'I have my moments!'.

He certainly had many memorable moments with many on us on this forum.

Best wishes to all, Scott.

mulder

Hi Mickey, its good to see you here. I remember Robert for his no nonsense approach to everything. He would call a spade a spade which was refreshing to know there were people still like him in this world. I miss him. Yesterday I went to put on a watch he sold me but couldn't bear to do it. My condolences to you and the rest of your family. He will be sorely missed.

David