Sign in to follow this  
baxter

NEW 18 SPACE WATCH BOX FROM RAINER. REVIEW & IMAGES.

baxter

Hi all, just received my new 18 holder watch from Rainer in Germany. Thanks to Machiavegli for bringing these excellent boxes to my attention.

I emailed Rainer on the 16th of May to request details and received a prompt and polite reply with confirmation images, prices and paypal payment instructions.

I paid for the box on the 17th and received confirmation that it had been shipped the same day.

The price was Euro 159.00 plus 19 Euro for shipping - Total Euro 178.00.

The Box arrived on the 24th May, a total of only 6 working days.

The packaging was absolutely first rate comprising 3 layers of thick cardboard covering a very nice black outer box containing the actual watch box ( which was encased in a foam covering )

For me personally this is the perfect design for a watch box - In the flesh this box is beautifully finished, understated whilst still having presence, really nicely made to good tolerances and shows the watches off beautifully.

Rainer also offers different colour options so if you're interested email him for details : [email protected]

I can't speak highly enough about the ease of transaction and the quality of the product ..... i'm giving Rainer a 10/10 !!

And now the pics without which i'm told this thread would be useless :) :

p1010789dq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1010790p.jpg

p1010791q.jpg

p1010792d.jpg

p1010793gb.jpg

p1010794x.jpg

In it's new home :

p1010807t.jpg

The collection so far - Top Row : Ikepod Hemipode ( gen) Pam 240 titanium (gen) Rolex detejust 1954 (gen) Heuer monaco (gen)

2nd Row : Rolex Sub c (rep) Rolex explorer (rep) Rolex Daytona (rep) Rotary early 80's LED.

On the way from Rochest : AP Diver(swiss) santos chrono(a7750) Pam111( Hfactory)

p1010798b.jpg

Looking forward to building up my rep collection and sharing.

Thanks to all for an entertaining and informative board ....and infecting me with your wallet emptying disease :) !!!!

J.Eric

Very nice! Congrats!

Amit

Thats pretty slick. Think i'd like a glass window in the top but that looks really nice.

Congrats

conx

That looks really nice.

How big are the cushions? That is, what size bracelet will they take comfortably?

machiavegli

Nice man! I was just looking at his ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/finestboxes cause mine is full already :) Nice collection btw... that gen Monaco is a classy piece of watchmaking

str8

That looks goooood ... help getting things organised somewhat :)

baxter

That looks really nice.

How big are the cushions? That is, what size bracelet will they take comfortably?

cheers conx, Cushions are 70mm long x 55mm wide x 36mm deep

Edited by baxter

dalboy

The box looks fantastic, the germans !!!! how anul are they ?? notice all the screws line up in the hinges, attention to detail...........( love the floor ! american/canadian white oak ????)

baxter

Nice man! I was just looking at his ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/finestboxes cause mine is full already :) Nice collection btw... that gen Monaco is a classy piece of watchmaking

Thanks for the heads up on these Mach, to use an LA'ism i'm super stoked about this box !!yeah i thought i may as well get the bigger one because i know it's going to get filled !! Glad you like the Monaco, it's a really nice watch - it's the first one they did when they reissued it. It's a ltd edition and has plexiglass with the name heuer not tag heuer. I like it because the face is uncrowded and now the plexi is a bit scuffed it's got a nice vintage look about it. Look out for a better pic of it in wrist check soon.

cheers

jez.

solkryssare

I think this might just be the box for me

baxter

The box looks fantastic, the germans !!!! how anul are they ?? notice all the screws line up in the hinges, attention to detail...........( love the floor ! american/canadian white oak ????)

lol yes you can rely on the Germans for a spot of engineering, i used to be a furniture maker and i can tell you this box is well made !! most of the pics were taken on a table top which is european oak but the floor is ( well spotted ) American oak.

cheers jez.

baxter

I think this might just be the box for me

Trust me Solk ... it is !!

Member X

Nice :)

Got any more pics of the cool chair in the other room? :D

dalboy

lol yes you can rely on the Germans for a spot of engineering, i used to be a furniture maker and i can tell you this box is well made !! most of the pics were taken on a table top which is european oak but the floor is ( well spotted ) American oak.

cheers jez.

Welcome to the floor and chair forum.... :giggle:

solkryssare

You have a very stylish home baxter.

baxter

Just for you Member X ... the guy who designed this got his inspiration when he fell over in the deep snow and found it had formed a comfortable seat ... he got it right !!

p1010811l.jpg

baxter

cheers jez.

Welcome to the floor and chair forum.... :giggle:

Quite right Dalboy - lets get back to watches ;-)

You have a very stylish home baxter.

Thanks - very kind solk!!

solkryssare

Sweet Eames chair and Kjærholm sofa as well

baxter

Sweet Eames chair and Kjærholm sofa as well

they're the chairs (pk31) not the sofa solk -( Kold Christensen from the 50's not fritz hansen )lucky enough to find them on a market - they have unfortunately been recovered ( although well its a shame they weren't all original ) - i'm very fond of them.

Member X

Just for you Member X ... the guy who designed this got his inspiration when he fell over in the deep snow and found it had formed a comfortable seat ... he got it right !!

p1010811l.jpg

Love it! :thumbsup:

Can I ask the name of the designer / chair? I think I am developing a chair obsession... :facepalm::lol:

I just want chairs that offer excellent back support, and so many don't!!

I just picked up a secondhand Stokke / Varier Ekstrem (not this blue, though :D) for about £250 - a bit more than I wanted to pay for it but a bargain considering what they are going for now!

5823450087_d095745a80_z.jpg

It would have made a good partner to the one I already have :D but I gifted it to a family friend who has a bad back and has helped me out a lot with things around the house, and I've not been able to thank him properly :)

Corv99

very nice, also like the fact you can sit in the chair next to watch box whilst one decides which one to wear

baxter

p1010811l.jpg

Love it! :thumbsup:

Can I ask the name of the designer / chair? I think I am developing a chair obsession... :facepalm::lol:

I just want chairs that offer excellent back support, and so many don't!!

I just picked up a secondhand Stokke / Varier Ekstrem (not this blue, though :D) for about £250 - a bit more than I wanted to pay for it but a bargain considering what they are going for now!

5823450087_d095745a80_z.jpg

It would have made a good partner to the one I already have :D but I gifted it to a family friend who has a bad back and has helped me out a lot with things around the house, and I've not been able to thank him properly :)

Nice ... i've sent you a PM.

Member X

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Rav747

thats one nice chair.

oh

and lovely watch box :)

mspangl

In it's new home :

p1010807t.jpg

Where's that chair from ????? I need that :lol:

Btw.. nice box ;)