Sign in to follow this  
Tits McGee

Trusted Dealers....Noobs, please read!

Tits McGee

Recently, I exercised poor judgement. I was cruising for a particular watch & found what I was looking for on Trevor's site. I shot off emails to a few of our trusted dealers & one to Trevor also. Trevor responded first. I was impatient & hell bent on spending the money I had in my PP account, Besides, he was $25 cheaper than anyone else! So I placed my first order with him. I ignored some sketchy feedback about him on RWI & thought "He's a TD on RWI so he must be a good dealer. The guys who left that feedback must have had unrealistic expectations". I couldn't have been more wrong & now I'm paying for that thought process.

I won't go into the entire debacle after he got my money, but it was not pleasant. Essentially, the watch finally came. It was sized for a 7.25" wrist with no extra links & missing screws on the bracelet. All the caseback screws were loose also. I did not know this & resold the watch to a member here. He discovered these problems & we're working to make things right (that's between he and I and is not the reason for this post). All in all, this was the worst experience I have ever had with a rep watch dealer. All because I strayed from our TD's here & bought for price rather than service. Trevor has made a few feeble attempts to make this right but has asked for pictures over & over & now acts like he does not understand my inquiry. I feel like I'm being played. Maybe he will eventually settle this. I have my doubts.

Full disclosure: I am a VIP member at RWI. I became one to comply with their M2M sales criteria. They are a great forum with great people. This is my home.

In the end I hope at least some of the noobs who come into the shoutbox will read some of this & learn.

1) Price should not be the determining factor. You get what you pay for.

2) Communication is VERY important. EVERY dealer will communicate with you fairly quickly before you send the money. The good ones communicate right after and through to the shipping process.

3) The TD's here have been selected very carefully & are TD's here for a reason. You decide which forum has exercised better judgement in awarding TD status. My money is with RWG. Look at the feedback here, then compare our TD feedback with other forums.

4) Quality control. A watch from one of our TD's here can occasionally show up DOA or have an issue. Know that going in. The worst experience you can have is to spend a few weeks anticipating the arrival of your new watch, only to find it's not working. As best as I can tell, we have fewer QC issues with our TD's here than at other sites.

5) RWI has 19 TD's listed. RWG has 11. 7 are the same. Why?

I have no idea how many the geek has & don't care. Those guys are hand jobs.

I will ONLY deal with the TD's listed here. I've had nothing but good experiences.

I will not price shop anymore. Saving $25 is just not worth it.

Be patient!

justinp2121

Glad I read this, because i almost bought some other stuff off of him when I found him on Repgeek. I would only buy watches over here but was interested in some other stuff like belts, wallets etc. but anyways looks like I will not be sending this guy money anytime soon thanks man!

jeffw69
:Whistle:

NCRich

Damn noob.

seclark007

Who's got the best sub?

prelude91

Thanks for sharing.

baffmike

Good Advise .

Rav747

What about WatchEden?heard they were the best!

NCRich

I was going to order for Rolexesareus.com. No?

Trolex

Tits, we talked about this, but I don't think you followed up on my last message? Were any of the problems visible in your QC images?? I feel like they should have been.

I recently had an order with Trevor. Good pre-sale communication and even had post sale communication as well. No problem with the order when it came into my hands, although I did have to reject the first QC. All told, I saved $18 over a current WI special, and can't complain about the quality because it's the same watch. The last WI special I had came with movement problems, which I paid for out of pocket in addition to being told that I can no longer receive aftersale service. The watch lost ~4 hours a day on the wrist, I had no QC images, and the watch was essentially drop shipped to me.

Everybody has off days, although your story sounds a little more caveat emptor than mine.

disregard - see QC pics below

cpsurfer

Very good advice indeed...

Tits McGee

Tits, we talked about this, but I don't think you followed up on my last message? Were any of the problems visible in your QC images?? I feel like they should have been.

I recently had an order with Trevor. Good pre-sale communication and even had post sale communication as well. No problem with the order when it came into my hands, although I did have to reject the first QC. All told, I saved $18 over a current WI special, and can't complain about the quality because it's the same watch. The last WI special I had came with movement problems, which I paid for out of pocket in addition to being told that I can no longer receive aftersale service. The watch lost ~4 hours a day on the wrist, I had no QC images, and the watch was essentially drop shipped to me.

Everybody has off days, although your story sounds a little more caveat emptor than mine.

The point I was making is that I like the TD's here better than elsewhere IMHO. This thread was aimed at noobs who come in the shoutbox & ask about dealers other than our TD's. You seem to like Trevor. I don't. I like WI. You don't. I guess we spend our money where we please.

gB.

I have no idea how many the geek has & don't care. Those guys are hand jobs.

:lol:

Be careful, Nimbo is among us.... :unsure:

:popcorn:

Trolex

Not that I don't like WI, just bad 1st experience with them, which is rare apparently. I don't like that they've been using the same QC images for everybody (although I think this has stoppe?) I'm not a trevor fanboy by any stretch, just thought I'd bring up that if you do go over your QC images well, then you *should* be able to spot any possible problems. Same goes with any reputable dealer. In my one experience with WI, I didn't get any QC in the form of images or in the watch itself, so I had no control in the matter. Was WI faster than Trevor? Yes, but I've yet to be able to wear the damn thing for other reasons.

Were the problems you had visible in your QC pictures or not? I think that's a valid question. If they were not, then I 100% support you turning others away from him. If they were, it's still caveat emptor. I'm not telling people that they should go spend all their money with him, based off of the feedback, I'd think that is not sound advice. Consider that Trevor is the generally the cheapest, and that somebody who's going to sweat a $10 difference is going to most likely be a n00b and not actually know what to look for in a QC email, then be mad when the package comes and they spot it. I tried him because I said F it, if I get shit on by the "best" I might as well get shit on by the cheapest. They all go to the same factories.

edit: problems he had were clearly not in the QC images.

Tits McGee

You tell me. DSC_0074.jpgDSC_0075.jpgDSC_0076.jpgDSC_0077.jpg

Realism
:popcorn:

UmpaHimself

I probably would have accepted those QC pics but then again I'm a noob.

jeffw69

Yep and half blind as well. :rofl:

You tell me. DSC_0074.jpgDSC_0075.jpgDSC_0076.jpgDSC_0077.jpg

Is that for your wife?

UmpaHimself

kwatch

Jeff, send umpa the LV bag you have lying around... :salute:

jeffw69

u know I be just fuckin' with you. :lol:

Jeff, send umpa the LV bag you have lying around... :salute:

oke, for $320 FIRM :)

Realism

look the regular thread crapper is back :yikes:

jeffw69

look the regular thread crapper is back :yikes:

Where???

Tits McGee

:finger:

Is that for your wife?

:finger:

Trolex

you got fucked!! Forget everything I previously posted about Trevor now. I'd asked you a couple of times and you had never replied about it, made me wonder.