Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

[PICS] Hublot Oceanographic 4000m Diver V6 factory Comparison GEN vs REP

KeNnY

Hublot Oceanographic 4000m Diver V6 factory Comparison GEN vs REP

Hey all,

so this is my first comparison with Gen vs Rep, so I am sorry if it is not really top notch review :)

I had before the First Hublot Diver it was released, but I had to sell it in Februeary, then I have noticed GREAT rep comming out, so I simply MUST had it.

And now I have it finally :) I pick the V2 version (this from V6 hublot factory) instead the V3 version (the newest ETA version, different maker), because from

the comparison by Puretime, the strap is much much better quality, the movement is more gen like (also the gen has got chrono movement altered), by this the date

possition is correct, the case looked better manufactured, the caseback look closer to gen to me, also the rubber "cap" on crown. The V3 version just simply look a bit lite version of V2.

Here are specs of V6 factory version.

Specifications:

Movement: Asian 7750 Automatic Movement(28,800bph)

Size: 48mm(dia)x22mm(thk)

Dial: Superlumed Black Dial

Crystal: Sapphire Crystal with Double AR

Case: Brushed Titanium Caseset

Bezel: Titanium Bezel

Strap: Quick Release Black Rubber Strap

Clasp: Normal Tang Buckle

Functions: Hour; Minute; Second; Date

THe main difference I maybe somewhere read is that the rep is heavier then Gen, but don't know how much, the rep weights around 210 grams.

Maybe the middle of the case is stainless steel composite, because the backcase is for 100% titanium.

Lets check some pics and talk about it

1.jpg

1.JPG

Definitely Hublot DNA

8.jpg

8.JPG

Thick! But can’t help - the thickness of the sapphire glass alone is 6.5 mm.

10.jpg

10.JPG

The screw back on gen is made of grade 2 titanium – extremely strong material, don't know what grade titanium on rep, maybe grade 1 ? :lol:

11.jpg

11.JPG

This is a feature required for any deep sea diving watch. Of course didn't know if it works correctly on rep (I bet it doesn't). During the compression period, gas enters the watch just like it is absorbed by the human body tissue. And while the divers are kept in the decompression process, the gas which entered the watch MUST be let out (otherwise it would explode…).

12.jpg

12.JPG

This model is, unlike most other Hublot, equipped with tang buckle only. I am a deployant buckle fan, but considering the purpose of this watch, it may be more secure as it has less parts and screws. After all, the wet suit and/or glove thickness may vary mission by mission and it would be cumbersome to change the hole each time. Also another special mention is that the straps can be detached by pushing the triangle marked button – just clip on/ off.

13.jpg

DSC_1949.jpg

It is the requirement by NIHS, it has to be legible from 25 cm in darkness. The hands and the flange have larger area and treated with SuperLuminova

14.jpg

14.JPG

We have only rubber strap at the moment, no kevlar :(

15.jpg

15.JPG

The button to release the strap :) works great !

16.jpg

16.JPG

There are two crowns, both of which are screwed-in. One at the 2 o’clock is for the flange rotation (unidirectional). The rotation gear is disengaged once it is pushed down to screw-in, so no unwanted move of the flange. The flange crown is also protected by the “cage”. One at the 4 o’clock is for setting time and date, also screw-in type. The "cage" securely protects the flange rotation crown.

18.jpg

18.JPG

The strap is spot on I can say, it is same quality as rubber strap from AP Diver V3. Maybe same supplier. I heard the gen is maybe more softer. It has got no vanilla scent.

2.jpg

2.JPG

Simply monster :D

3.jpg

3.JPG

The dial markers color is maybe a little more whiter on gen. Don't know really.

4.jpg

4.JPG

The AR on gen is amazingly great. On rep we have a small hue to blue. The anti-reflective coating is very well done on mine.

5.jpg

5.JPG

Find difference :)

6.jpg

6.JPG

I am really happy with this rep and how close it is to the watch that cost 17 000 USD !!!! And we pay only around 448 USD (actual price from Marvellous Replica) and we can get that CLOSE replication !

Really amazing if you ask me :)

Oh and for all, an information, the V3 prices are up, and they are the same price as V2.

Differences V3 vs V2 from the photos I see

- better movement reliability, used ETA 2824, smoother second hand, but not closer to gen, as gen has got as well chrono movement altered running always chrono

- but wrong position of datewindow due to different movement used

- better applied lume on markers and bezel insert

- colorless AR on crystal

- refinished case no sharp edges (don't think closer to gen) but overall construction looks weaker, notice the composite midcase not fastened fully together from the side on picture 4

- weaker rubber strap quality with not not nicely cut holes , they still have scrap rubber from molding

- not that deep detailed caseback like on V2, the font is just a bit too thin

some findings from Puretime first listings

- V2 is generally better finished, we can see the BIG factory craftsmanship from the V2.

- Inner bezel crown protector - V2 is loose and V3 is tight with a real "click lock" to the case body (that is true on V2 you can move the inner bezzel for really small micro steps, not like on AP diver where you have each minute click lock)

- V3 has a slightly longer strap (for bigger wrists) and they punched one more hole on the strap (for smaller wrists)

- Inner bezel lume color (uncharged) does not match the dial lume color on V3, while V2 matches, but inner bezel lume color (charged) matches the dial lume on V3 while V2 inner bezel has a weaker lume

- V2 rubber strap is much better than the V3 rubber strap

I know this stuff before I ordered mine and went for V2. Why ? Here are my points

- movement used / date window position on dial

- rubber quality

- case quality

- screws better fasten to the case

- Price at the time was unknown for V3, but now when it is the same price, I would buy better V2. If the V3 was 100/150USD cheaper, I would buy the V3 with strap from V2

- V2 stated waterproofed from factory to 100m, bigger oring on the caseback, good feedback from different members

At one point maybe someone will create ultimate Hublot from the guts of V3 and put it to V2 case, but that is likely unlikely :lol:

Hope you enjoyed my comparison and please feel free to ask if you have some questions.

Thanks for watching :)

Replicawatch

Awesome, now I will have to buy one of these bad boys, you are becoming an expensive person to know!

KeNnY

Awesome, now I will have to buy one of these bad boys, you are becoming an expensive person to know!

haha :D Thank you buddy, glad you like it. And yes buy it mate, it surely will not be a wrong step. This surely is best rep around at the moment :)

DFH

That looks fantastic Kenny! Great review and this is most definitely super rep material! I have always fancied this model and it may well turn out to be my first step away from my PAM fetish.

Well done!

KeNnY

That looks fantastic Kenny! Great review and this is most definitely super rep material! I have always fancied this model and it may well turn out to be my first step away from my PAM fetish.

Well done!

Thank you DFH for your kind words :) oh yes mate, I think this Hublot must be in collection. If one hublot I would pic this one, definitely something different and new ! :)

For all I am sorry for not more nature colors but done this quickie under lamp and a bit played in photoshop to get the white balance correct. I don't have light box or good camera.. Just old Samsung D60 compact :D

johnnoblin

How are the other V6 Hublots? I'm thinking about a 44mm Big Bang.

LeandroBR

Very nice comparison and review Kenny ! Is it really waterproof ? Have you already tested it ?

machiavegli

Well done review and pics. Looks awesome. Funny how often a V2 can be better than a V3 (like the Briet SO I think?)

I want one but I think I'd have to wear one on each wrist to balance out!

-Mach

sam77

Great review KenNy !!

baxter

yep top review - i want one ( i'm saying that a lot since joining this forum !! ;) )

Dendo

Nice work Kenny - thanks!

KeNnY

How are the other V6 Hublots? I'm thinking about a 44mm Big Bang.

I am sorry mate, don't know about other hublots much, this is the only one I really like :)

Very nice comparison and review Kenny ! Is it really waterproof ? Have you already tested it ?

Thank you buddy ! I bet it is with no issues, the construction is just amazing on this.I have greased the big ass thick oring on the back and the crowns, will do pressure test this weekend :)

Well done review and pics. Looks awesome. Funny how often a V2 can be better than a V3 (like the Briet SO I think?)

I want one but I think I'd have to wear one on each wrist to balance out!

-Mach

hahahaha yeah you will be like Diego Maradona :D yes well I can say the lume applied on V3 is much more better but, the movement, datewindow, strap, case quality, put it backwards :) and thank you buddy :)

Great review KenNy !!

Thank you Sam, glad you enjoyed it ! :)

yep top review - i want one ( i'm saying that a lot since joining this forum !! ;) )

Thank you Baxter happy you like it ! :) hahaha get it now mate, while it is still available ! :)

Nice work Kenny - thanks!

Thank you Dendo, glad it helped :)

James.

nice write up Kenny, I havent seen those gen pics before. Super rep.

theflyingdutchman

The rep is great, but I after handeling both watches, the rep is 50-60 gr to heavy and just does not have the final perfect finish... I just orderd mine via Andrew... the rep of course!

Edited by theflyingdutchman

KeNnY

nice write up Kenny, I havent seen those gen pics before. Super rep.

Thank you buddy ! :) Yes really hard to get review pics of that watch !!

The rep is great, but I after handeling both watches, the rep is 50-60 gr to heavy and just does not have the final perfect finish... I just orderd mine via Andrew... the rep of course!

Thank you buddy, you had the Gen in your hands , lucky you :) yes the 50-60 grams could be the midcase how I was talking about, ,maybe different materials used, some heavier once. The back is totally light real titanium. What finish are you talking mate ? The edges softened or what finish ? Be sure to fasten the screws !! I made my own hublot screwdiver from one pin remover, worked great !

Looking forward for your pics :) Be sure to go to that dealer of Gen and make comparison pics as well . :D

gtwc

Great comparison, thanks a lot KeNnY.

This is THE Hublot that I want - it looks super.

As you say $446 vs $17,000 - and I'll never go scuba diving !!

Look forward yo your pressure test - be nice to know it's swimming pool / snorkelling safe.

Keep up the good work.

seclark007

Great job as usual, KeNnY! :thumbsup:

KeNnY

Look forward yo your pressure test - be nice to know it's swimming pool / snorkelling safe.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks mate ! :) Exactly !! :)

I bet it will be safe, just had it opened yesterday, here are pics

DSC_1963.jpg

DSC_1964.jpg

DSC_1965.jpg

And from the construction I can say it will be waterproof to 100m with no issues. The crystal is glued by factory, got 6,5mm thickness, the both crowns are screw down with tripple / quadro o-rings really great construction. And even dealers state that it came pressure tested from factory to 100m. Yesterday I just fasten all screws , and greased orings, threads and sealed back, and also regulated movement. Was gaining around 14 seconds per day, till now it is about 7 second at 31°C temperature.

will do pressure test 3 bars this weekend but I think it will pass no problems :)

Great job as usual, KeNnY! :thumbsup:

Thank you buddy, happy you like it ! :)

J.Eric

Awesome review!

mianos

And even dealers state that it came pressure tested from factory to 100m

Oh really, Must be 100% gen construction so it must be water proof. :help3: <-- for the irony impaired.

KeNnY
Awesome review!

Thank you Eric! :)

And even dealers state that it came pressure tested from factory to 100m
Oh really, Must be 100% gen construction so it must be water proof. :help3: <-- for the irony impaired.

hahaha but really I have really strong and good feeling from the construction of this watch. Even better feel then the new version DSSD, witch I am not fun of , because you are impossible to get to the HEV valve from inside, where the ring is blocking your way.

Member X

Keep up the good work.

+1 to all of this! I think the remaining $16,500 is better spent on something else... :lol:

KeNnY

Keep up the good work.

+1 to all of this! I think the remaining $16,500 is better spent on something else... :lol:

hell yeah ! I don't even think if there is some white gold, or platinum or any other shit worth those 16 000 USD on gen !

scorpion

That is a beast of a watch - it looks superb and has lots of buttons to play with. Bit heavy but I have one watch pushing 360g and once one after the initial shock it comfortable. Its dear for a rep but the quality looks worth it.

mspangl

Nice review, Matej... I really want this one but I'm afraid it will look a bit weird on my wrist :lol: