Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

No - not another one

scorpion

I was warned that joining RWG would result in a lot more watches and just a month in and Rep no 4 on its way.

Overall I have not actually spent that much so far and not yet had any major grief from my wife - she already knew with 20 gens I had a bit of a watch issue! Anyway I had my eye on this one and it was reduced so I had to buy it :giggle:

BRE247%20QC%20Pics%20(3).JPG

I am not 100% sure what it is - to me it looks like a Avenger Seawolf chrono but its supposedly 50mm and the gen is 45mm. However the 50mm might include the crown. We will see once it gets here. Also the sub dials are closer together on this one and because of that the hour numbers are different. The movement is a Japanese quartz which is ok as a gen Seawolf Chrono is also Quartz. Hopefully it will be here within a week - the wait kills me!

Luthier

If it's 48mm (not 50mm) - then it's Breitling Super Avenger.

But I never seen SA with numerals and blue subdials before.

conx

Whatever it is, enjoy it. You need to start therapy for your addiction soon :)

scorpion

Whatever it is, enjoy it. You need to start therapy for your addiction soon :)

Already started - I joined Watch Anonymous and have to wear a Sekonda for an hour every day!

Sebastian7777

I own a Gen SA and mine does not have numerals on the dial

Corv99

thats really nice..... thinksize may include the outer bezel.... haven't seen an SA like that before.... Design and face looks like a Seawolf.....but could be wrong

dalboy

Del will give you the heads up on this !!! as long as you like and enjoy wearing it , what else really matters..

Beware of exspensive imitations.!!! :giggle:

Dal..

scorpion

Breit SW.jpg

I think it looks a lot like this one from the Breitling website but dial is a nicer blue on the rep :giggle:

scorpion

I own a Gen SA and mine does not have numerals on the dial

On the Breitling site you can configure it with different dials and there are both types. Too many options - would have to buy at least 3 types to satisfy my desire and destroy my bank balance!

sam77

whatever it is .thats a nice beast looks solid :giggle:

onionbag

One of the pleasures of this hobby is getting a wee bargain, if the price was right and you love it......what's not to like? :)

subiim

At 48mm it looks kinda like a Super Avenger. But it's not particularly accurate (they come in numerals and batons BTW). I might be wrong. If it is an SA then it shouldn't be quartz. That's prob why it's reduced. I wonder if the chrono works. Anyway, nice watch.

scorpion

At 48mm it looks kinda like a Super Avenger. But it's not particularly accurate (they come in numerals and batons BTW). I might be wrong. If it is an SA then it shouldn't be quartz. That's prob why it's reduced. I wonder if the chrono works. Anyway, nice watch.

The Seawolf Avenger Chrono gen is actually Quartz not auto and yes i am told all dial function which they should if its a jap quartz movement. Everyone is saying its a SA but its not, it is much more like the Seawolf Avenger as pic above. Maybe its a bit of both!

subiim

It's pretty cool mate

J.Eric

I have no clue...... But I like it :thumbsup2:

Enjoy!

Frankt8242

I've been around the "serious" watch world for 20+ years now, and I gave up even TRYING to keep track of Breitling models @ 15 yrs back!!

They seem to change dials, sizes, colors and bracelets every 15 minutes!!

So just about anything you show me with a Brietling label looks OK to me!!!

i have never been a "fan" of the label, but I do own one of the really convincing SOSF's from a few years back...And I wear it a bit too!!

kolchak

definitely a fantasy.... Avenger super-wolf chrono.

No civilian would ever know..

scorpion

I've been around the "serious" watch world for 20+ years now, and I gave up even TRYING to keep track of Breitling models @ 15 yrs back!!

They seem to change dials, sizes, colors and bracelets every 15 minutes!!

So just about anything you show me with a Brietling label looks OK to me!!!

i have never been a "fan" of the label, but I do own one of the really convincing SOSF's from a few years back...And I wear it a bit too!!

The amount of versions possible from their website config option means they are tons of combinations and they keep adding new models every year so no wonder its confusing!

Del

I think you are correct Scorpion - it looks like a rep of the Avenger Seawolf Chrono but it's clearly not a particularly accurate one. The bezel should only have 15/30/45 on it, the subdials are way too close together, the 3 and 9 are missing but it has a 2 and 10 instead, it should only be 45.4mm, etc....

Doesn't make it a bad watch though - it might look fantastic in person so just enjoy it because virtually nobody else is going to know their bezels from their backsides! ;)

scorpion

I think you are correct Scorpion - it looks like a rep of the Avenger Seawolf Chrono but it's clearly not a particularly accurate one. The bezel should only have 15/30/45 on it, the subdials are way too close together, the 3 and 9 are missing but it has a 2 and 10 instead, it should only be 45.4mm, etc....

Doesn't make it a bad watch though - it might look fantastic in person so just enjoy it because virtually nobody else is going to know their bezels from their backsides! ;)

Cheers Del - it was at a good reduced price and my first Breitling, my Mrs bought it as a wedding anniversary present and as its a jap quartz I am more hopeful of it lasting a long time compared to a 21j and the gen is also a quartz. Still for our 25th in a few years she can get me a real gen Breitling!

I spotted all the points you made (size is yet to be confirmed) and to be honest don't care as 99% of people I bump into would not have a clue. Should be here soon and I have just got some 58mm macro rings for my camera so will get some decent shots of it.

Luthier

Super Avenger and Avenger.

DSCF0035-1.jpg

scorpion

Nice Luth - but you don't really need both do you,so be a decent fella and post me the larger Super Avenger. I would look after it very well - honest 1. smile.gif

BadPickle

This is THE watch that found me this forum, although I never bought it, the blue face wasn't quite right. It certainly got my juices flowing for reps tho. I've since found pams, and that's gonna be my first, just in the process of nailing down which one. As its a first it's gotta be the one!!!!!It is a beaut tho, and I will get one some day. I particularly like where the date is, a little unique from any other. Enjoy your seawolf avenger!!!!!