Sign in to follow this  
Mystery Shopper

Squale 1521 026A Yellow Diver watch

Mystery Shopper

Offshore posted a thread a couple of weeks ago regarding new / old stock of Squale watches released to market. Mine arrived today and so not to thread crap Alan's thread into a yellow watch-a-thon, I thought I'd put a few pics on here. The story of Squale...

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=31254

I had been looking for an alternative dive watch since a family holiday last year. My faithfull Tag was on the small size despite 20 years of faithfull service. It has been the watch on my avatar here for a while. Anyway when O/S posted about new / old gen stock available I was tempted. A yellow, 42mm dive watch took my eye and then Alan makes it easy.

Tag F1 at Cham Island, Vietnam last year.

SAM_0560.jpg

Squale Box

SAM_1399.jpg

Wristies

SAM_1424.jpg

SAM_1419.jpg

SAM_1409.jpg

SAM_1410.jpg

Strap- it smells nice with only a hint of vanilla.

SAM_1408.jpg

SAM_1413.jpg

Lume

SAM_1415.jpg

Details

SAM_1411.jpg

Gen new / old stock does not come up that often. For a gen swiss watch it is worth searching to see if one you like is available and contacting Offshore. Cheers!

dalboy

Looks good !! prefere it to the Tag , TBH..but to be fair the tag is getting on a bit ..good luck with it and enjoy..

Dal...

trailboss99

Lovely! I may need to invest in the 2002 version.

That TAG has held up remarkably well over the last 20 years tho.

Pihlippe

Nice one!

Hmm don't need a yellow wolf now? ;)

NFleischer

Quite nice. Yes Tags are really sturdy watches, easlily last 20 years with minor service (just batteries).

baxter

really nice mate - enjoy ( for the next 20 years ) ;) !!

gtwc

Looks good.

I too prefer it to the TAG (I gave mine to the son-in-law).

Member X

Great choice :)

Good lume on the dial too, better than I thought there might be, going from what was said about vintage lume! :)

YoungGPS

Perfect fit! Nice! :thumbsup:

Sparkal

I can't hardly wait for mine to arrive!

Lovely looking watch in yellow!

Mystery Shopper

Thanks for the comments. I wore the watch all weekend and it is a beauty. The sun finally came out today so I took pics of the crown and case back.

SAM_1428.jpg

SAM_1432.jpg

Monkeynuts

Very nice watch it looks great with the yellow dial

But I don't think this model will be a nos as these sold out a long time ago

This will be in my opinion the better all new production made in the same factory as the old 50atmos

This will be why the lume is very good and also this model has the better sapphire crystal as the old model nos had mineral

They are some other watches available as nos but I don't think this one is anymore

Lovely watch

Mystery Shopper

Some of Sparkal's posts made me realise that there may be a Squale for MrsM. She wanted a watch 'about the size of your old Tag'. The 1515-005 Blue dial / black bezel was medium case size at 36mm & fitted with mech auto 2824-2. It arrived this morning and we had time for a quick wristie before work. Ha Ha.

SAM_1511.jpg

Offshore makes it all so easy. Alan's Squale website is well worth a look. This is great value for a gen watch which will get much use at the pool & beach over the Australian summer or the end of the world, whatever comes first. An early Christmas present for MrsM has been sorted!

offshore

Hey mate, Glad it got there in 1 piece!

Love that sunburst dial, and the black/blue combo looks great in the daylight.

VERY limited numbers of vintage pieces now available for anyone ho has been contemplating these.

And the uncertainty with ETA now out of the supply chain is pushing all watch prices in the wrong direction at the moment.

I see a couple of the HK brokers are offering fixed forward supply dates at very inflated pricing for common movements this week.

O/S

alistairw

Look's fantastic Scott! As you said Mrs M would have to be happy with that!

Look forward to seeing in the flesh- watch that is !!!

offshore

A quick heads up!!

I have just been advised that a 20mm mesh has become available for the Squale 1521, and Tiger models.

There are a few here who have purchased those, and expressed an interest in a Squale mesh bracelet.

Its from the same maker as the 2002 mesh....VERY substantial.

Offshore.

Sparkal
Some of Sparkal's posts made me realise that there may be a Squale for MrsM. She wanted a watch 'about the size of your old Tag'. The 1515-005 Blue dial / black bezel was medium case size at 36mm & fitted with mech auto 2824-2. It arrived this morning and we had time for a quick wristie before work. Ha Ha.

SAM_1511.jpg

Offshore makes it all so easy. Alan's Squale website is well worth a look. This is great value for a gen watch which will get much use at the pool & beach over the Australian summer or the end of the world, whatever comes first. An early Christmas present for MrsM has been sorted!

Gotta love a pre work wristie ! ;)

Very nice dial shot mate ;) good full frontal.

O/s, very keen on that mesh...fire me some more info on availability etc.

Cheers

Mystery Shopper

Thanks Sparkal. 36mm isn't too big for the ladies, especially as a dive watch.

I think I will PM Offshore about mesh as well.

offshore

For anyone else interested in these medium case Squales, I have just now been advised that they have got hold of a few more movements, and there are a couple of blue dials and black dials left. Unfortunately only black bezels, although I thought that black /blue was most attractive.

This ETA movement thing is playing merry hell with the small Swiss manufacturers!

O/S

Mystery Shopper

I caught up with Offshore at the Sydney gtg about a mesh strap for the watch. The issue is my large wrist size (over 8") and an insert had to be sourced. All arrived safe and sound yesterday and today I took a couple of pics while the sun was out. It looks great- thanks Alan.

SAM_1562_zps8c6eb906.jpg

SAM_1559_zps200199be.jpg

edwinowl

Love these squales bro. Looks great. Wear it well pal.